Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ardhendu Bhattacharya
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ardhendu BhattacharyaYour feedback matters!
I am 62, female-long term hypertensive- very active physically-my ECG reads- minimal ST elevation otherwise normal- what does that mean? Even a year back I did stress test perfectly. Should I do any more tests to rule out any heart problem?
I am suffering from cough from last three weeks I also have a pain in chest I am suffering very bad please suggest me what should I done?
I am 34 year old, male, civil services student, suffering from sleep problem, when I go to bed it takes hours to into sleep mode, and feeling heart beat which worsen the problem.
My bad cholesterol is 180 is there any risk. And im suffering from a problem like fear n scared every time whenever someone talks abt heart attacks n other major issues in our body. please help me. Some people says that I should join any psychiatric.
• Family history. high blood pressure runs in families.
• Overweight or obesity.
• Being physically inactive.
• Tobacco use. .
• High salt (sodium) in your diet.
• Less potassium in your diet.
• Less vitamin D in your diet. .
• Alcohol consumption
• Other conditions like chronic kidney disease, diabetes
and sometimes pregnancy can also contribute to high
Recently my ten toes are becoming more numb specially the small toes. Is there any cure for this condition. Knowing I am in great health with little exercise if any at all and I am 74 years old not diabetic with a small but managed high blood pressure. I await to hear from you soon.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done?
A heart attack can be fatal for any person, and it is necessary for you to know about the signs and symptoms of a heart attack. This will enable you to act early in case you experience the symptoms. Heart attack, also known as myocardial infarction, is a severe condition defined by the death of the heart muscles due to the loss of blood supply. Blood loss commonly occurs due to the blockage of a coronary artery.
Signs of a heart attack
There are many symptoms and signs of a heart attack which you should know. The symptoms usually vary from person to person. Here is a list of the common signs of a heart attack:
- Chest pain and discomfort: Chest pain is the basic heart attack symptom which occurs in different forms. The chest pain is likely to cause pressure, fullness and a squeezing sensation. It starts from the centre of the chest and may spread to other limbs of the body, such as the head, upper abdomen, back, shoulder, neck or throat. It may reoccur in the chest again.
- Shortness of breath: A gasping sensation or feeling of shortness of breath may be experienced. Such difficult or laboured breathing is known as dyspnea. The shortness of breath may occur before or after the chest pain.
- Nausea and vomiting: A feeling of nausea or sickness in the stomach may be experienced. It may be accompanied by belching or burping. In some cases, the heart attack may be associated with a feeling of indigestion. Nausea is commonly experienced by women. The nausea may lead to vomiting.
- Sweating: Perspiration or sweating occurs during a heart attack and the patient experiences cold sweats in excessive amounts. The sweat will appear in spite of not being active or working out. Due to the clogged arteries, the heart needs to make extra efforts to pump the blood. This produces extra sweat for keeping the body temperature low. Cold sweats and night sweats are also likely symptoms, which indicate a heart attack.
- Fatigue: Fatigue is another symptom of a heart attack. Exhaustion is caused by a heart attack because of the added stress on the heart for pumping of blood. Feeling tired without any reason might indicate some trouble. Fatigue is more common in women. Light-headedness and dizziness may also be associated with a heart attack.
Heart palpitations may also be experienced sometimes. You should consult a doctor immediately after experiencing any of these symptoms of heart attack.
I am 25 year old ,my chest x- ray is broncho vascular markings are mildly prominent ,what do you mean.
I was tested my cholesterol in free office camp. The result is 222.77 mg/dL. Please tell me it is high? And advice me what I should take precautions. My age is 37.
Do's and Don'ts for High Blood Pressure
Making few dietary changes and losing weight are effective for reducing the blood pressure.
- Lose weight if you are overweight or obese.
- Eat a healthy diet, including more of fruits, vegetables, and low fat dairy products, less saturated and total fat.
- Potassium is an important for the maintenance of high blood pressure e.g coconut water, banana etc.
- Exercise regularly atleast for 30 mins.