Lybrate.com has top trusted Pathologists from across India. You will find Pathologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Apurva Sinha
Submit a review for Dr. Apurva SinhaYour feedback matters!
Having severe body pain. And also constipation problem from couple of days. Suggest me some good remedy to cure this.
Hai sir, I was diagnosed with tuberculosis and immediately started tb drugs .after completion of six months course I had consulted to doctor, doctor said tb is cured and now am suffering from cold and body pains so please suggest me what precaution I have to do?
Physiotherapy or physical therapy focuses on enhancing mobility and treating disabilities. Physiotherapy is used commonly in case of sports injuries, partial or complete paralysis, arthritis, neurological disorders, etc. along with helping the patient regain movement and improving flexibility, physiotherapy also helps deals with back pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic headaches and injury related pain. This pain may make you want to simply curl up and stay immobile but this could be detrimental to your progress. Through physical therapy, a patient can learn how to function and move safely and thus becomes stronger.
Here are a few ways physiotherapy is beneficial for pain management.
- It teaches breathing techniques: Physiotherapy doesn’t only address the joints and muscles of the body, but also addresses the autonomic nervous system and involuntary movements that control the functioning of the organs. By teaching a patient how to breathe correctly through opening up the chest and neck muscles, physiotherapy helps improve blood circulation that further helps relieve pain.
- It helps with weight management: When it comes to rheumatoid arthritis and knee joint pain, being overweight is one of the key factors triggering the pain. This is because of the more your weight, the more the pressure on your joints and hence the more the pain. Physiotherapy helps increase a patient’s mobility and thus aids in weight loss. This, in turn, reduces the pressure on joints and pain associated with it.
- It strengthens muscles: Physiotherapy deals with both the muscles affected by an injury as well as the unaffected muscles. While it helps regain control over the injured muscles, ligament and tendons it also helps strengthen the unaffected muscles. This helps them compensate for the limited functioning of the affected muscles. By strengthening the muscles, physiotherapy also makes movement easier and helps reduce pain.
- It helps improve posture: For people with back problems, the way you sit and stand can make a big difference to the pain experienced. Physiotherapy teaches a person how to sit and stand straight so as to support the back muscles properly.
- It helps determine the right equipment: Having the right shoes can play a big role in alleviating pain associated with walking. Similarly, physiotherapy can equip a person with the right equipment to make movement easier and less painful. This could be as simple as a walking stick for arthritic patients or a robotic glove for patients who have paralysed hand muscles. Furniture such as supportive mattresses and office chairs can also help alleviate back pain. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.