Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna BanerjeeYour feedback matters!
Hi. My name is rajni. I am a singer. 8 years back I had a very sweet voice. Now my voice texture has been changed! I feel like my voice is not as flexible as before. It feels like" gala beitha hua rehta hai har waqt. Please help. Is there any cure?
Due to rainy season and cold atmosphere my ear feel like got blocked. But I can hear well, still it feels quite strange, so provide solution for making ear free.
I am suffering from depression from quite a few months. I feel dizzy, physical pain, tremor in fingers, sleeplessness. I sob most of the nights gasping. Some of the days I feel super energetic Even with sleeplessness I don't feel like tired and sleepy in these days. Sometimes both happen simultaneously. Are these symptoms of bipolar? Can I be cured without medical diagnosis? Will I be live normal life again or will it ever diminish.
I am observing fast because of the ramdan. I am having reflux (Gerd) burning in throat. Pl z suggest some medicine.
My wife have problem of weakness. After eating food she feels that she have not taken food and feel dizziness. But she is taking a healthy food regularly. After that if she works a little bit she gets tired very much. Please do the necessary help for me.
I am suffering from recurrent tonsillitis with pus, with fever every 25-30 days Since last 1.5 years As I am a medical student (final Year M. B. B. S.) It is affecting my studies Should I go for Tonsillectomy? Which technique would be best for the operation? I have also tried homeopathic medicine for a year but it didn't show any effect.
I have a friend who used dog ear drops with name as calm ear in her nose. Suddenly realized and washed it thoroughly. Is it necessary to seek doctor advice or can relax on it.
Hello Dr. I am vishal from Delhi. I have tonsils in my nack. So tell me the top medicine tonsils is finish.
I am suffering from pain in my left side of throat. I have no problem in breathing and swallowing. Am I suffering from cancer?
Sir I have referred by capf's medical exam due to my tympanic membrane perforated. But I have test PTA & impedance AUDIOMETRY the results is hearing in my right ear 18 & left 15 decibel. Sir is it clear?
For past three months I am facing some problem in my throat. It is itching while eating something salty or sweet. It has become a huge problem for me. What can I do?
I am 38 years I am suffering from diabetes since from 6y ears now my Fasting 243 mg/dl, post practical 359 mg, and HbA1c is 12%. I take medicine istamet 5omg/1000 mg at night after meal and early mv2 at empty stomach please help to control diabetes.
Otoplasty is a surgical procedure where modifications are made in the shape and size of the ear. This procedure can only be carried put after the ears are fully developed, that is after the age of 5. This surgery can be used to improve the functionality as well as the appearance of the ear.
The reasons why people opt for otoplasty are-
- If the ears are relatively large in comparison to the face
- When the ear sticks out excessively from the head
- Problems caused by any previous surgery
Incisions are either made through the back of the ear or through the inner creases of the ear. Once the incision is made, then the excess skin or cartilage is eliminated. After completion of the surgery, the incisions are closed by stitches. The entire process generally lasts for up to two hours.
After the stitching is done, the ears are covered with bandages. Once the bandages are removed from the ear, a loose headband is worn to provide support to the ears while sleeping.
Risks associated with the surgery
There are certain risks associated with this surgery, like:
- Formation of the scars due to the surgery
- An asymmetric appearance of the ears as the healing process may affect it
- Decreased skin sensitivity in the adjoining area
- The stitches in the ear can cause inflammation in the skin. It may also lead to an abnormal shape where the ears have a pulled back appearance
- Like other surgeries, bleeding and infection may occur
Post procedural care
The following precautions should be taken after completion of otoplasty:
- The headband should be used constantly after the surgery for about two months
- Direct exposure to the sun should be avoided
- If rash forms after the bandages are removed then consult a medical professional.
A majority of people experience nosebleeds at least once in their lifetimes, whether from excessive picking of the nose or a pretty hard fall. Most nosebleeds go away soon but it can get very serious if you are not careful.
Nosebleeds can be broadly classified into two types:
1. Anterior nosebleeds, which happen from the front of the nose, are quite normal and get better quickly.
2. Posterior nosebleeds happen from deep within the nose and get very serious if proper care is not provided. Sudden increase in BP in hypertensive patients. However, such cases are rare and happen only in extreme trauma.
What to do when a nosebleed strikes?
- To stop the bleeding, tilt your head upwards and apply ice on the bridge of the nose. This helps in stopping the blood flow quickly. You can also stuff cotton in your nostrils while doing it.
- Blow your nose in order to clear the clots in the nose as they can prolong bleeding.
When does a nosebleed get serious?
- When the measures to stop the bleeding don't work. You are at risk to lose blood if you don't get medical help.
- If you have regular nosebleeds then consult your doctor immediately as it could be a symptom of an underlying health condition.
- A nosebleed can also become serious if you are having medicines that thin blood as it could make the nosebleed more severe.
- If you suffer from a blood clotting disorder.
- If the nosebleed is a caused by a trauma like a fall or an accident and you are having difficulty in stopping the bleeding, get immediate medical help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.