Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anusree Gangopadhyay
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anusree GangopadhyayYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Anusree Gangopadhyay to be very helpful, helped me improve my health and saved my life. really worked
Mam was very polite and had a good examination of mine before prescribing for medicines and also she explained the medicines
Dr. Anusree Gangopadhyay provides answers that are very helpful. Mam is really so good..
Nice experience..she explained the cause of my skin problem
Shek Jasim Uddin
She is very nice docto. I proud.
Ingrown hair refers to a situation in which a part of the body hair which has been trimmed, shaved or tweezed grows back into the skin in a curled form. This sometimes causes painful and discomforting skin conditions such as swelling, bump formation and chronic pain in the area from where the hair was removed.
This condition is mostly common among people who have very tightly curled hair on their entire bodies. Among men the most affected areas are cheeks, chin and neck. Additionally they can also appear in cases of men who regularly shave their head. In case of women, ingrown hairs in common in areas like armpits, pubic region and legs.
The most common signs of this condition are enlisted below:
1. Small skin bumps (papules)
2. Small, pus-filled, blister-like lesions (pustules)
3. Hyperpigmentation (skin darkening)
4. Long lasting and chronic pain
Ingrown hair might also occur if you do the following activities:
1. Pulling your skin while shaving your body hair can give rise to ingrown hair. This in turn allows the shaved hair particles to penetrate back into the skin without growing outwards.
2. Tweezing of hair can also lead to the hair particles to grow inwards instead of growing outwards
Some common complications associated with this condition are:
1. Bacterial and fungal infections that usually happen from scratching of the affected area
2. Hyperpigmentation of the skin which involves an abrupt darkening of the skin areas
3. Permanent scarring of the tissue of the affecting skin
Approximately 60% of the human body consists of water. It is one of the most important components that help in the process of digestion, blood circulation, mineral absorption and even excretion, ensuring smooth functioning of your system. A mere drop in the water content of your body can lead to dehydration, which can affect your body in more than one ways. Dehydration can also take a toll on your skin leaving it dry and life less. In order to ensure the health of your skin, it is highly recommended to keep your system hydrated.
How drinking water affects the skin?
1. Keeps skin soft: Skin is made up of 3 layers namely, epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous tissue. When the water content of the outermost layer of the epidermis is insufficient, your skin tends to lose elasticity and feel rough. Intake of adequate water hydrates the skin cells and makes them function properly, making your skin soft and supple.
2. Moisturizes dry skin and lessens the appearance of wrinkles: Insufficient intake of water makes your skin appear dry and flaky; such a skin is more prone to wrinkling. When you drink sufficient water your skin cells hydrate from within. Hydrated skin is resilient in nature and therefore, it has less chance of suffering from premature wrinkling.
3. Improves skin tone: Water is known for its abilities to flush out toxins from your system and for maintaining the proper functioning of your kidneys. Sufficient intake of water ensures that harmful toxins and impurities are regularly flushed out of your system, thereby, adding a healthy glow to your skin.
4. Makes your skin appear younger: It is advised to drink a minimum 8 glasses of water daily to keep your body hydrated. The condition of your health can be analyzed from the condition of your skin as a body that is hydrated well, makes your skin appear healthy too.
5. Gets rid of dark circles: The problem of dark circle arise over the years due to the damage of the capillaries under the eyes. The skin around the eyes is thinner than facial skin which hinders the smooth flow of fluid through them. Plenty intake of water on a regular basis can reduce the appearance of dark circles dramatically, making your skin appear healthy.
Oily skin is a result of overactive sebaceous glands that produce excessive oil, thus giving the skin its characteristic greasy look. Oily skin is usually caused by a number of factors such as stress, food, genetics and hormonal changes in the body. Blackheads, whiteheads and acne are some complications that can result from skin.
It is important to take care of oily skin to prevent breakouts. Mentioned below are few tips to assist you in your skincare regimen:
1. Use warm water to clean your skin
Cleaning your face with warm water opens up the pores and clears the dirt from; thus removing the layer of oil on the face more effectively than cold water.
2. Face masks
You may use face masks such as sandalwood or fuller earth to get rid of the excessive oil on the skin. In addition to removing oil, it also cleans and removes impurities from the skin.
3. Limit scrubbing
You should restrict exfoliating your face 2-3 times a week as too much exfoliation may result in excessive oil production. Over scrubbing may cause the skin to lose its natural oils and turn dry.
4. Use a toner
You may apply toner on the skin regularly for its astringent properties that help in cooling and soothing the skin. It also reduces pore size which thus decreases oil production.
Diet plays an important role in the health of your skin, so consuming too many oily and fried foods can increase the chances of getting acne and pimples on your skin. Eat more vegetables and fruits to keep your skin healthy.
6. Stay hydrated
Drinking water regularly helps in replenishing the lost fluids from your body and it also improves overall body health.
7. Use medicated pads
To freshen up your face, use wet tissues or medicated pads to soak up the oil which shall help in freshening up your face.
8. Choose makeup wisely
It is not recommended to use heavy makeup if you have an oily skin. Instead use water based makeup that is light and oily skin friendly.