Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Anupama JanashawYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old having paining back I have not tried anything yet. What should work best for this.
I am a 24 year old male with knee pain due to bad ankles. Have accessory navicular bone in my feet causing the problem, what shall I do ?
My mom got pain near the knee. At least 15 days gone. But the pain is not recovered. What should we do?
I am 73 years Old male and have under gone Total Knee Replacement Surgery for both the Knees on 29.08.17 at Mumbai. I had 19 sessions of physiotherapist exercises at Mumbai and now back to my home in GHAZIABAD (U.P.) on 05.010.17. Though I have no pains and regularly doing the exercises as explained by Physio at Mumbai, I want a good Physio who can come on Sundays at my Residence in Ghaziabad and guide me properly.
I have back pain issue from last few year, whenever took painkiller, got relief after that same problem occur r.
I have pain in my lower back When I band it pains so much from last one week please provide me any solutions.
I have pain in my back near to right side. And have pain my gonads sometimes. It will last for sometime. Whenever spending time with my fiancee this pain in gonads increases.(not always). Kindly suggest.
My aunt has fever from last 1 month, she took paracetamol and other medicines prescribed by doctor but there is no change and she is also having pain in knee. Is there any danger and how to cure it?
I am 30 years man and have backache last 4 months haven't got any relief what should I do now? Please help me doctor!
Acupressure can prove to be extremely effective if you are looking for non-medicinal solutions to treat musculoskeletal problems, such as back pain, sports injuries, arthritis, etc. Acupressure is the application of putting firm pressure on the areas on the body which are swollen, agitated or tense by massaging the acupoints (specific points in the body). Acupressure believes that relieving these areas of pressure reduces the pain.
Here are some musculoskeletal problems that can be healed by acupressure:
- Arthritis: Those who seek acupressure as an alternative treatment for pain are mostly suffering from arthritis (a disease characterised by chronic joint inflammation and cartilage degeneration). Acupressure applies pressure on the inflamed joints.
- Back pain: Back pain is a common problem that can affect anyone irrespective of his or her age. Acupressure acts to relieve the points where the muscles are too tense and helps to tone or support the muscles which have become weak with disuse.
- Chronic pain: Unrelenting pain can stem from many causes. Acupressure focuses on the pain and the pain signals when treating chronic pain. The acupoint of the pain and the nerves are gently massaged to relieve the pain.
- Fibromyalgia: Traumatic injury to the soft tissue, emotional trauma or severe illness can cause fibromyalgia. It is non-inflammatory in nature and often leads to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (a troublesome disorder with symptoms of deep fatigue, sleeping problems, pain, etc.). Acupressure can greatly improve the fatigue and sleeplessness that fibromyalgia causes.
- Tendonitis: The tendon connects the tissue to the bone, and tendonitis is the condition when the tendon is inflamed. Acupressure helps in reducing the inflammation and easing mobility restrictions.
- Sciatica: The sciatic nerve is the longest nerve in the body, stretching from the lower spine to the back of the foot. So when this nerve is agitated, pain radiates from the lower back to the foot. This condition is called sciatica. The acupoints in sciatica are the lower back and the hip. Acupressure effectively loosens the muscles in these regions and reduces inflammation.
- Sports injuries: Strains and sprains are common sports injuries, which mostly affect athletes. Acupressure has anti-inflammatory benefits that can help heal severely injured tendons, ligaments or muscle. Acupressure also plays a huge role in restoring and retraining the body, especially if you are an athlete and play high-demand sports.
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome: Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition in which the pressure increases on the median nerve as it goes through the carpal tunnel, and this causes wrist pain. Acupressure involves the use of directed pressure to specific acupuncture points on the surface of the body.
- Insomnia: Insomnia is a sleep disorder. The Acupressure Points between your heel and anklebones (on both sides) have traditionally been used to relieve and prevent insomnia.
- Migraines: Acupuncture is used to effectively treat primary headaches, namely tension and migraine, which are the most common.