Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anubhab Maitra
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anubhab MaitraYour feedback matters!
I want to concentrate on studies. I study at night and all will be forgot on next day in school. If I got the first word or sentence then I can able to get the full para which I taught. All the time I need to by heart the first sentence to get the full of. Is there any remedy?
The Mind of a Smoker
There are a few instances when our body and mind refuse to acknowledge rationality, and quickly give in to carvings. Alcohol abuse, junk foods, depressant medications are a few of them. Among these, the most harmful is undoubtedly, smoking. In today's time, almost everyone knows about the ill-effects of tobacco. But despite our knowledge, we continue to give in and smoke. Let us have a look in depth about the usage, and the various steps one can use to come out of this dangerous habit.
Ill-Effects of Smoking
Smoking is dangerous for your health, and quitting can vastly reduce your risk of getting a disease related to the heart or lung. There is also a 50% chance that your life expectancy will be less due to smoking. On an average, a smoker has 10 - 12 years of lesser life expectancy than that of the nonsmoker. Also, quitting tobacco products can greatly reduce your chances of getting cancer. A smoker is always in the higher risk group of getting a tumor in the voice box (larynx), mouth, throat, intestines, kidney, and pancreas. Smoking can also hamper your sexual urge and erectile strength. Pregnant women who smoke carry a greater risk of having babies with many complications.
How to Curb Smoking
Quit smoking, and you can see visible differences right away. Your breathing will improve, and your asthma symptoms will likely to get better once you quit. Apart from a healthier you, you can also avoid health complications for your family members. Passive smoking is as harmful as active smoking, and a passive smoker is also easily susceptible to the complications of that of a smoker. Do not opt for lighter nicotine content cigarettes, as they have advertised that they contain less tar and nicotine. They simply do not, and they are equally harmful to you. Once the decision has been made, quit it altogether. Also stay away from chewing tobacco products. There are many ways by which you can quit smoking. Consult with your doctor in case you need medications for staying away.
There are safe non-nicotine gums and chewing tablets for curbing the smoking feel and sensation. There are also self-help groups and treatment centers that can rehabilitate you from your habits. Indulge yourself in activities that keep you happy and passionate. Try signing up for your favorite sports and keep yourself occupied at all times. Always be positive, and do not give into temptation. Believe in yourself and always remember that you are also spoiling the health and wealth of your near and dear ones. Your children follow you, and they can easily be misguided. Be a role model to them and quit smoking, and inculcate the healthy habit now and forever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Depression is a mental state which is not easily identified in its early stages; it is evident only when the symptoms become obvious. You may overlook it as a passing phase, and assume it to be normal. The people around you may also get used to the symptoms and accommodate accordingly. This can make the identification of depression even more complicated. Homeopathic treatments are entirely natural and do not carry any side effects. They are holistic treatments that get rid of the cause instead of just treating the symptoms of depression. The various homeopathic remedies for depression are:
- For anxiety related depression: Aconite is a homeopathic remedy that is used in the treatment of anxiety. The symptoms that it is used to treat are the ones, which occur suddenly and make you extremely pessimistic. For acute panic attacks, this medicine is very effective. Some other medicines that are also used to treat anxiety are Argentum Nitricum and Arsenic album.
- For depression in teenagers: Kali phos is a very effective homeopathic remedy for treating depression in teenagers, the causes of which are usually hormonal changes and high levels of stress. In some cases, depression may also be triggered by genetic factors. Ignatia is also used to treat depression in teenagers.
- Stress related depression: Kali phos is used to treat stress-related depression. It also helps in treating fatigue with homeopathy.
- Insomnia that results from depression: To remedy insomnia resulting from depression, you can opt for Kali Phos and Coffea Cruda.
- Severe depression: If the symptoms of depression are very severe and include suicidal tendencies, Aurum Metallicum may be recommended.
- Depression resulting from menopause: It is common for a woman to undergo a phase(s) of depression during menopause. The homeopathic remedies that are used in the treatment of this condition are Lachesis and sepia.
- Seasonal affective disorder: This type of disorder usually occurs during the winter season. The treatment for this disorder is prescribed after a proper diagnosis of the symptoms. Ignatia is a remedy that is usually recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.