Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anjula VinayakaYour feedback matters!
My period started yesterday morning and after that I had Normal 1st day flow I always take magnesia phosphoric 12x for cramps so I took that at noon before taking that med I checked my flow was normal after that in the night time when I changed it looked like my flow was reduced a lil bit and after that in night I again took the mp12x and I also took meftal spas because I was having really bad cramps and today morning I checked my flow reduced even more I didn't know what was happening I took mp 12x today noon around 12.30 pm and around 2 pm I had terrible pain contractions and checked my flow around 4.30 pm its very little and today is my second day. This is very strange please help what should I do today is my second day and my flow has reduced so much.
My mom is feeling tickling sensation in thighs from last 2 years. Asking our personal doctor he advised that it is because of deficiency of complex so he prescribed nurokind next and trysin H. It worked also but when she stop taking pills it again starts. I want to ask whether it is really because of complex or it is something else because she is continuously taking pills from long time. Her age is 58. Please revert soon.
I hv white discharge from my vagina h it's smells. Is this discharge bad for health. N how to get rid of its smell?
There are several medical conditions that can adversely impact the vulva in females. There can be infections ranging from mild to high as per the skin condition. The vulva is also at the risk of developing cancer in some cases. It is advisable to consult a doctor, whenever you find any bleeding, rash or lump in the vulva. Your doctor will be in a position to tell whether you need immediate treatment or not. Your symptoms will help him to determine the cause behind the changes.
What is the vulva?
Vulva forms the outer (external) sex organs of a woman. It is made up of two pairs of muscular 'lips'. The outer pair is called the labia majora. The outer pair is covered in pubic hair. The inner pair is called the labia minora. The inner pair is thinner and is very delicate and sensitive. You will find two openings in between these lips. These lips lead to uterus and urethra separately. There is a tiny organ called clitoris that lies just in front of the vulva.
What are the symptoms linked to vulva related diseases?
The symptoms will depend obviously on the underlying condition. Ranging from pain, itching, and finding a lump, you may notice several kinds of symptoms. All these changes are related to the appearance of the vulva. The symptoms decide the gravity of the situation. It is advisable to not wait and take prompt medical help in case of lumps in the vulva. A doctor will be able to tell what has happened to tell you by means of physical examination first. Later, you might have to take tests like internal swab test. A swab is nothing, but a small ball of cotton attached to a thin stick. It will be rubbed inside vulva to collect samples for testing. The doctor may also go for a biopsy to confirm the presence of carcinogenic cells in the vulva lump.
What infections can affect vulva?
Vulva can be affected by infections that are caused by germs such as bacteria, viruses and fungi. You may be affected due to the following infections:
1. Thrush: It is a common infection in women. It leads to a whitish discharge. It makes the vulva red and very itchy. It can be treated with anti fungal creams.
2. Genital herpes infection: It is a sexually transmitted infection and spreads by skin-to-skin contact. Many people who are infected might not have symptoms. But they are carriers and can pass on to a healthy person. There is an occurrence of mild soreness or blisters.
3. Genital warts: It is caused by viral infection due to close sexual contact.
4. Other infections: You vulva can be affected by scabies and pubic lice.
Female partner ko excited kaise kiya jaye. Body, boobs, lip kissing and vagina ko touch krne se bhi jayda excited ni ho pata. Aur excited krne ke liye kya kiya ja sake pls kuch idea dijiye eske bare me.
Vaginal Vault Prolapse is the condition where the upper portion of vagina may lose its normal shape and drop or sag down into the vaginal canal or maybe even outside the vagina. This may occur after a hysterectomy or even simultaneously with uterine prolapse.
The treatment of Vaginal Vault Prolapse varies with the severity and extremity of your symptoms. Your healthcare provider may suggest medications and physical therapy to treat your condition, if you feel that the prolapse is not bothersome. However, you might have to undergo surgery later if your symptoms worsen and the prolapse affects your quality of life and hinders functional ability. You must keep in mind that usually more than one area is affected by weakness in your pelvic floor.
The symptoms of Vaginal Vault Prolapse include, backache, pelvic heaviness, bulging mass into or sometimes outside your vagina that hinders normal activities such as walking and sitting, vaginal bleeding and releasing urine involuntarily.
- Medication: Most of the women with this condition usually go through menopause around the same time. Since the estrogen levels are severely lowered during menopause, it causes vaginal dryness. Discussing about estrogen therapy with your healthcare provider is a must if you wish to remedy your vaginal dryness. Not every woman should take estrogen so it is imperative to talk to a medical expert first. Usually women are treated with estrogens before they go into surgery.
- Physical therapy: Most healthcare experts recommend pelvic floor exercises as physical therapy using biofeedback so as to strengthen the specific muscles of your pelvic floor. Biofeedback is the usage of monitoring devices that contain sensors and are placed either in your rectum, vagina or on your skin. Biofeedback is very important because it tells you the strength of each muscle you are squeezing i.e. contractions, and if you are squeezing the right muscles in order to perform the exercise correctly. Long term usage of biofeedback in physical therapy leads to strengthening of your muscles and a reduction in your symptoms.
- Surgery: Corrective surgery may be performed on you by the surgeon either through the abdomen or vagina. If the surgeon is performing the corrective surgery through the vagina, he will use the ligaments, which support the uterus to solve the problem.
Related Tip: "5 Unconventional Questions About Vaginal Health"
Hi sir I have a question that I am pregnant and my 9th months is running sir since last two days I'm feeling some pain in my stomach and I can't understand that is it lever pain or may be something other please suggest me thank you.
I breastfeed my son for 10 months nd milk was, very less. And now after quiting breastfeeding my breast is very small nd loose. What to do?
Hi. This month my period was supposed to come on 2nd. But I missed my periods and found that I am pregnant. Doctor adv for some test due to previous 3 miscarriage. And results are given below. APTT 31.7 Hcg 67 on. 1st April and 133.9 on 3rd April progesterone 50 homocysteine 3.31 Now doctor suggested enoxaparin 40 mg daily. Bigomet sr 850 mg twice daily and ecosprin 75 mg once and folinext tablet once daily and bharglob in every 21st day. Pls suggest should I continue 850 mg metformin twice daily and. Heparin injection or is there no need to take.
I have had protected sex with my girlfriend on the day she had ovulated. and she haven't got periods yet her date was 28th june. and today is 6th july. Are there any chance of pregnancy please help.
My girlfriend have comes milk from her boobs we don't have any children's but we leave together from last 3 years what can I do please help me.
Hello doctor, it's been 2 and a half month I had my periods. Me and my hubby are trying to convince. From last 6 days getting spots brown & red. Urine test are negative. Please advice.
Health benefits of hibiscus tea
- Helps in weight loss.
- Aids in blood pressure.
- Boost immune system.
- Helps to prevent cold and flu.
- Used as a sports drink to satiate fast.
- Helps to reduce anxiety and depression.
- Aids in digestion and increase urination.
- Provides relief from cramps and menstrual pain.
- Protects liver against infections and diseases.
- Slows down the growth of cancerous cells by inducing apoptosis.