Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anjula VinayakaYour feedback matters!
Hello mam I had sex with my hudbi on 17th may 2017 nd consumed unwanted 72 with in 2 hours, my expected period date is on 7th june. But till today my periods is not happened. I checked thrice for pregnancy but its negative. Please suggest me. Has my hormonal balance gone wrong, how can I contact you.
The bleeding after 7 days of taking ipill. Does that mean I am not pregnanat? will it affect my regular periods date? the bleeding lasted for 4 days and was similar to my periods but was not at the proper date.
What is pcos/pcod?
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) or polycystic ovarian disease (pcod) is a very common issue affecting about 10-20% of young women of child bearing age group. It consists of development of cystic structure or multiple cavities containing fluid within the ovaries. Because of multiple cysts in ovaries give rise to various problems related to hormonal imbalance.
Who are prone to get pcos?
Though not clear, there are various risk factors that can be associated with increased risk of pcos. These include obesity (body mass index >30), family history, some genetic issues, taking various medications like antiepileptics (used for seizures), stressful life and physical inactivity.
What are signs and symptoms of pcod?
You must look for following symptoms and consult a physician if you are getting these:-
- Irregular and longer periods
- Increase in weight
- Unable to become pregnant (infertility)
- Growing hairs over body
- Increased urination, thirst
How pcos is diagnosed?
- Doctor will look for all the symptoms of pcos mentioned above and may ask you to do various laboratory tests like:-
- Transvaginal sonography (to see for multiple cysts in one or both ovaries)
- Hormonal blood tests (tsh, antimullerian hormone, fsh, lh, androgen levels)
- Urine examination
- Blood glucose levels
- Hysterosalpingography (hsg) if infertility is a problem. Hsg will tell whether fallopian tubes are patent or is there any block that is causing infertility.
What lifestyle changes are helpful in pcos?
Pcos is a growing problem and many a times associated modern lifestyle that causes weight gain and increased chances of getting pcos. Mainstay of management of pcos is having healthy lifestyle habits. A patient of pcos should try these lifestyle modifications to prevent harmful effects of pcos.
- Regular exercise (walking, jogging, roping)
- Yoga and meditation
- Avoid oily, frozen foods
- Avoid alcohol and smoking
- Avoid stress and worries as possible
What are treatment modalities available for pcos?
After diagnosing pcos, physician may first tell patient to have healthy lifestyle and diet modifications. There are many ways to treat a patient of pcos.
Oral contraceptive pills- regularize your menstrual periods and prevent growth of excessive hairs over body. Oc pill may not be advised to women who are trying to conceive and undergoing treatment of infertility.
Metformin- is a medication generally used in diabetes mellitus is also useful in treating pcos as it treat insulin resistance (a common issue in pcos patients that lead to diabetes). Metformin also help women reducing weight.
Treatment of infertility: In pcos infertility is a common issue and most often may resolve after treatment. There is problem in ovulation in pcos, hence physician may prescribe medicines that enhance your ovulation. Clomiphene 50mg starting dose from day 2 to day 7 of menstrual cycle is very commonly used medication to induce ovulation. Ovulation monitoring by sonography or by using ovulation kits is performed to check whether ovulation is occurring or not. Fsh may also be used for maturation of follicles that leads to ovulation. In-vitro fertilisation (ivf) is used when other medical treatment for infertility and lifestyle modification failed to work. Surgery to drill multiple abnormal cysts may be performed rarely. Acupuncture may be useful but no any clear-cut evidence.
So, if you are having any symptom of pcos, consult your physician at earliest and get it treated. Always remember to have stress-free and healthy lifestyle habits which is of utmost important in managing and preventing pcos.
I m 36 yrs old married since 2 yrs. I have got 2 polyps in usg measuring 6x3mm and 3. 5x2. 3mm. Can I go for iui or removal of polyp is must bcos they are small size. Rest all factors are normal.
I am 28 having bilateral polycystic ovaries trying for baby since 3 years please help me how to conceive.
My wife period stopped last two years. But she has the problem that always sweeping. Is there any problem for the body. We need to take the medicine. Please advise me to further treatment if we need.
3 Key Things to Know About Female Sexuality
The idea of female sexuality has been oppressed and suppressed since time immemorial but modern times have brought a much-needed change. Exploring women's libido and why it depletes is one of the important aspects of their sex drive. The following are some of the important things to know about female sexuality:
1. Desire to be desirable - In present times, the effect of media and advertising on women's self and sexual esteem often proves to be detrimental. Such portrayals may often make women view their physical and sexual self as less than desirable. This can lead to depression, social anxiety, and stress. Thus, one may be at an increased chance of taking up harmful habits like smoking and drinking.
2. Low desire is normal - Woman's biological makeup results in high degree of variation in woman's sexual desire during various phases of her life such as pregnancy and lactation as well as during her menstrual cycle. This is in stark contrast to a man's drive which has no cyclical variation. Often this is not understood and woman are labelled as having low sexual desire. Added to this is the desire discrepancy within a couple. The one who has higher levels of libido considers the other as having lowered desire. Understanding these facts can help couples to deal with their disappointments in a better way. Apart from the biological makeup, household responsibilities, under-nutrition, social factors and attitude towards sexuality, coupled with a long-term monogamous relationship, lower the interest of sex in women temporarily.
3. Parenthood and sex - Studies indicate that one-third of couples experience a notable amount of sexual loss once they have children. Around a total of ninety studies concluded that couples who have children had lower marital satisfaction than non-parents. A correlation was found between marital dissatisfaction and the number of children.
My friend use viagra for sex with his wife. He has erection problem. Will taking viagra be helpful to make her pregnancy.
Me and my friend had unprotected sex on 10 July after 1 dae of her periods, I cummed inside her mouth, she is very worried, any chance of pregnancy?
Hi doctor there is my frnd's periods delay about 10 days ana at last periods she felt spotting before 2-3 days of periods. Is it symptom of pregnancy?
Premature (early) ejaculation—also referred to as rapid ejaculation; also called as early discharge. Premature Ejaculation Treatment in Delhi (PE) is the most common type of sexual dysfunction in men younger than 40 years and seen across all age groups. In elderly men (60 years) erectile dysfunction is more common. A study conducted by the Journal of Sexual Medicine revealed that this condition is almost equally prevalent in sexually active men of all age groups. If a man experiences uncontrollable ejaculation (discharge of semen from your penis) either before or shortly after sexual penetration (usually within 1-2 minutes of penetration), he may be suffering from PE. The Mayo clinic at the United States defines PE as a condition in which a man “always or nearly always ejaculates within one minute of penetration."
My friend has used Mifepristone and Misoprostol kit for her abortion of 4 weeks pregnancy as per a doctor's suggestion from a clinic. She started bleeding after using 1 Mifepristone and 2 tablets of misoprostol. She assumes that she has aborted and does not want to use remaining 2 misoprostol tablets as the cramps are more. Please suggest if she has to completely use the kit for complete abortion or is it enough as she is having bleeding now.
I have a fibrodenema in my right breast and when the doctor's suggested me to leave as it is as there no harm. But I am confused if you should operate it or leave as it is. Please advise me on this.
Sir, we had unprotected sex with my wife on 9th day of her cycle I.E 21 St march (regular cycle 28days) and I gave unwanted 72 with in an hour. Now her periods are expected to be 13 th April.. But she is not getting. Are there any chances of pregnancy?
Stay away from direct sunlight. Exposure to too much sunlight can be harmful to the skin. You probably already know that it can cause skin cancer, but did you know that it can exacerbate acne.
Most diseases, small or big, acute or chronic, accident or infection, have one common factor - pain. In most cases, in addition to reducing the severity of the infection or the impact to various structures from the trauma, managing pain assumes a bigger role. It is only when the pain is controlled can the bigger picture of disease management be done, as the patient would be inconsolable.
To this effect, in addition to pain killers, the most inexpensive and easily available modes of pain management are heat and cold. Though all are not aware, there are specific instances where heat and cold should be used as listed below.
Heat: Some of the common modes to heat therapy include heat pads, warm baths, paraffin wax system, hot water bottles, air-activated heat pack, or warm oils. Heat acts by improving blood circulation and nutritional supply to the body parts and is best suited for stiff joints and muscle soreness.
Some common ways to heat therapy include:
- A warm shower or bath in the morning - this will ease morning stiffness and get you ready for exercise.
- Apply a heating pad on the sore/stiff areas for up to 20 minutes - Use optimal, bearable temperature to avoid skin burns.
- Wrap the affected area for 15 to 20 minutes with a moist heat pad. A wet towel can be put in the freezer and then warmed up in the microwave. Moist heat pads are also available with local pharmacies.
- Warm mineral oils can be applied to the stiff joints of hands and legs. Leave it in place for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off.
- For sore hand and foot joints, warm paraffin wax can be applied using the equipment available at drug stores. This will help ease the pain and soreness. Soak in a warm whirlpool.
Contrary to heat therapy, cold therapy acts by reducing blood flow to the affected area and numbing the nerve endings, thereby reducing the perception of pain. It works well for acute pain cases like fresh injuries and post-exercise inflammation.
- A cold wrap with ice cubes can be applied to the painful area for about 15 to 20 minutes. This can be repeated if required after a break.
- Alternately, a wet towel can be put in a plastic bag and kept in the freezer for 15 minutes and then used as a cold pack.
- The affected joint can be submerged in a container of ice and water.
- Cold gel packs are available at stores - these won't leak, will stay cold longer and can be easily wrapped around a joint.
Cryotherapy, as cold therapy is also called, is not as effective as heat therapy, though it does provide immediate relief.