Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Anjan SomeYour feedback matters!
My BP is increased by taking stress & tension only since 3 months otherwise no then should I take tablet to control BP? I have no permanent BP I have much work-pressure.
I am high BP patient (160/90) & am under medication. What are natural products I can consume to bring high BP down?
I am 67 years old and active through my assignments as trainer for bankers. I have been operated for heart surgery in 2008. Some times I feel fatigue and weakness in nerve system. Please let me know some homeopathic medicine for the purpose. I am taking following medicines regularly: Ecosprin AV 75, Nexito forte and Losakar 50 only once in a day at night before sleep for last 8 years. My food is very simple with no ghee except using olive oil. Morning walk for 2-3 Km in 30 to 40 minutes.
Very heavy knee pains and unable to sit BP is normal but some times high Sugar levels are high and taking tablets.
I am taking embeta xr 75 mg in a day. I am having bicuspid artic valve and palpitations. I am taking this medicine from March till now. Now I feel palpitations when sleep comes after that I feel relaxed. What to do. Is anything dangerous or to worry. Or it is harmless.
Can we I know doctor can do open heart surgery at the age 70 year patients 3 walls are not working what is the chance of life thank you.
Cornflakes can be taken in evening snacks for diabetic, hypertension and early CKD patient? If not what is the most suitable evening snacks for the patient on low protein diet?
Myth No. 1: It is ok to have a high blood pressure in elderly.
Blood pressure tends to rise with age, but it does not mean that this rise is normal. It happens because with age, the arterial walls become stiff and this stiffness cannot be called as a normal stiffness. Stiff arteries make the heart to pump harder. Blood pounding against the artery walls, damages them over time. The overworked heart muscles become less effective and pumps even harder to meet the body demand for blood. This further damages the arteries and invites fats into the artery walls. This results in lipid deposition, formation of blockage and future heart attack and paralysis.
So the fact is, irrespective of age, keep your diastolic blood pressure below 80 and systolic below 120. Start treatment if the blood pressure is more than 140/90.
Myth No. 2: The risk of heart disease can be lowered with vitamins and supplements.
It’s a myth that vitamin C, E and β carotenes lower heart attack risk. The American Heart Association has stated that there is no scientific evidence that these supplements prevent or treat heart diseases. The fact is eat a wide variety of nutritious food which includes all 6 tastes and 7 colors and get natural vitamins and supplements.
Myth No. 3: Women do not suffer from heart disease.
The fact is whether you are a man or a woman, you are at risk, if you do not follow the lifestyle. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in women over age 65. Today more woman get heart disease than combine cancer in them.
Myth No. 4: Heart patients should not eat fat at all.
It is true that you should eat a diet low in saturated fat and zero in trans fats but other fats like unsaturated fats in vegetable oil are beneficial. In fact eating fish high in omega-3 fatty acids twice a week can lower the risk of heart disease.
Stroke is a condition known to all for its deadly impact. Even if the affected person survives, the after-effects can be immensely debilitating right from affecting movement to speech. Being informed, you can protect yourself and your loved ones from both ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke. Here are the common signs of stroke that you should be aware of:
- Numbing of arms and legs: Many people wake up and find that their arms and legs are numb and they tend to assume that it is due to compression of the nerve. But the actual reality is that the flow of blood through the arteries running up to the spine is reduced, and it has led to weakness or numbness on either side of the body.
- Double vision and blurriness: Vision problems can also be a strong indicator of stroke even though most people think it is due to long hours of work or aging. When you see two images of the same object, it doesn’t have to mean that you are reading too much. It could mean that the blood vessel in charge of supplying oxygen to the eyes has been disrupted or blocked.
- Slurred speech: Some medicines, particular painkillers can cause speech issues. But this is not the case always; if it is not a side effect that you typically experience after taking painkillers, you should consult a healthcare expert without any delay.
- Confusion and trouble over thinking and articulating: When you find yourself in a state where you cannot recall the right word to explain the right thing, you may rest assured that it is an issue stemming from the stroke. If you find yourself to struggle thinking or finding a word very commonly, then you are heading for big trouble.
- Balance problems: Some people have balance issues, and they think it is due to the dose of alcohol, but experts say it is crucial to identify whether this assumption is correct. You will never have delayed balance problems, and therefore, you cannot blame a drink that you had last day. So, if you have balance issues without any identifiable reason, it is advisable to call a doctor.
- A headache that becomes intolerable at times: Headaches can be a sign of a migraine but in case you are not prone to this ailment, then the debilitating headache could indicate a stroke. Migraine headaches can also mean stroke since both of them have similar signs and symptoms.
- Fatigue that won’t let you stay upright: If you are not doing any physically strenuous job but still feel tired most of the time, it could be a warning sign of stroke. If it continues for over a week, it is recommended that you consult an expert immediately.
Equipped with this knowledge, stay aware and pay attention to the indications your body gives to take care of yourself. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.