Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Anjan DasguptaYour feedback matters!
I am 32 year old now from last few month I suffering from low blood pressure due to this I feel very week now a days facing problem lightheadache and fainting what I should do.
Sometimes I miss heart beats and I can feel it. I then become uneasy for a few seconds. aNd feel disoriented. My heart beats too are erratic generally between 90-110 beats a minute what should I do I am 54 and I am a principal.
I feel difficulty in breathing. What are the all causes of this breathing problem? Is this breathing problem related to postural problem? Because I think I have heavily postural problem. I also listen a clicking sound from my right side of jaw and the are sometimes very painful. Which department of doctor should I check up first? Please help me and tell me about the process of solving this problem.
Hi, my age 24 and my weight is 65 kg Most of the time I have chest pain on my bottom right of my chest, and I pee alot like 5-8 times in a hour, but there is no burning sensation, I tried everything to gain weight I just eat and sleep then also im not gaining any weight. And what worries the most is I masturbate everyday some times 3-4 times in a day. I seriously don't know what to, that the reason I am not gaining weight Please help me for that
I am of 26 and I have a high blood pressure it goes near about 200/110 sometimes when blood pressure is high headache starts very badly and I feel suffocation as well and heartbeat also goes up.
In the morning after wake up, I feel some problem while breathing with little chest pain. What should I do? I don't have any bad habits such as drinking, smoking etc. Please suggest.
Hi. I am 22. Sometimes I get very anxious about things and keep thinking constantly. And normally also there is always something going on in my mind. I constantly think about something or the other. Is this normal? Can this be referred to as 'Stress' And can this increase the chances of a heart attack?
I am feeling pain in my chest muscle from last few days. I feel it when I awake in morning and more when I sleep. Although I do not feel it while breathing. I usually suffers from acidity.
Getting pain in right side below my chest from last 3 days. I have applied volini but not get relief. Also took dyegine sherup. But not get relief. please give me a better solution for that
Sir, my father is suffering from blood pressure problems, can you give me idea about to control the blood pressure what are the homeopathic solution?
Do you know that cholesterol is found in baby formula and has got some surprising facts about them? Cholesterol is a waxy, fat like substance which is present in all your cells, and your body’s cholesterol level says a lot about the health of your heart in the future. Having high cholesterol increases your risk of acquiring heart diseases and hence, you should try to maintain a normal cholesterol level.
Here are some surprising facts about cholesterol, which you should know about:
- You cannot live without cholesterol: We are born with cholesterol in our bodies and infants get more cholesterol from mother’s milk. This is why cholesterol is added to baby formula. All the hormones and cells of your body need cholesterol for proper functioning. It also builds the cells and helps the liver to prepare fat processing acids.
- One out of three adults have high cholesterol: It is important for all people above the age of 20 to get a cholesterol checkup every five years. According to studies, around 32% of adults in the USA have got high cholesterol levels. Your cholesterol levels may also be affected by factors such as your diet and stress.
- High cholesterol can be genetic: Genetics is a major influencing factor in high cholesterol levels. Research has proven that almost 75% of high cholesterol cases are genetic in nature while 25% occur because of diet.
- Children can have high cholesterol as well: There is a common misconception that high cholesterol is an issue involving adults only. However, children may also have high cholesterol and it is recommended for you to get your child tested at an early age. For children who are obese and have a family history of heart attacks and high cholesterol, a selective screening is important.
- Sweating raises the levels of good cholesterol: Sweating is good for increasing the levels of good cholesterol in your body. You should follow a healthy diet including food items like avocado and salmon. Working out is also important for raising your HDL levels, which prevent heart disease.
- Supplements may help in lowering cholesterol levels: The first option for controlling your cholesterol levels is to work out regularly. If you are at a risk of heart attack or have hypercholesterolemia, you have to bank on supplements such as plant stanols and sterols. You can also take cholesterol reducing medications such as statins.
Earlier, the medical community was reserved about prescribing cholesterol lowering medicines and they were given only to critical heart patients. In modern day, statin treatment is recommended to people who have even little chances of heart attacks or stroke. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.