Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Anjan BoralYour feedback matters!
He is my brother suffering hole body pains and don't have hungry please tell me the solution to problem.
Sir I'm suffering from body pain. And I'm feeling lezey. Like no energy in body I'm feeling energy less Please suggest met what can I do to leave from this problem.
My wife is suffering from Parkinson from last 5yrs. In Alopathy as per doctor there is no medicine. Please advice is there any medicine in homeopathy?
I'm suffering from severe palpitations from the past 11 years and I'm facing the problem of anxiety and panic attacks. I'm taking treatment from the past 4 months from doctor sampath 30 years experienced in hyderabad and my health I've seen improvement in my health. I thought that I've got relief from the panic attacks, Suddenly before 1 week the panic attacks returned. Is it normal to have ups and downs during treatment. Please suggest me rightly.
Always I feel some sorts of mental anxiety, unknown fear, tension. Especially in the crowd. Because from childhood I have grown up like a lonely boy. In house I feel well. But outside I feel uncomfortable. How can I get rid of it?
Hello sir/mam I 21 year old male I have problem of stammering from 6 months I stammer mostly on some words aa and ra .and it is happen mostly when I talk on phone .and when someone ask anything face to face. And I feel difficulty to make concentration when some one talk about anything in long and forget early of things and some weightless on mind. Pls give me tips and guide medicine should I take memory booster. Pls help me.
I am losing hair very much I do not why I have stress of my studies and even I get angry very quickly pls give me solution.
HELLO mam & sir. I'm a sensitive person and I have a depression problem from 1 year. And I'm very worried for that. Plzzz give some suggestions.
An event or an accident that leaves us overwhelmed can lead to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, also known as PTSD. A particularly stressful situation or event that has created terror or been overly dramatic or dangerous can lead to stress and anxiety long after the individual has physically come out of the situation. This kind of a traumatic condition is usually what characterises PTSD. This condition is something that is persistent, and can linger on for a long time, calling for medical supervision and care. Here's a list of things you need to know about PTSD.
- Duration: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder usually lasts up to six months. Yet, there are cases where it lingers on and requires treatment for some particular types of symptoms or behavioural changes. Usually, the patient's behaviour is a result of one or more of the symptoms discussed below.
- Re-experiencing Symptoms: These symptoms include flashbacks and life like re-imagination in the form of dreams and nightmares. In many cases, the patient may remember and re-experience the entire scene or series of events that have led to the trauma in the first place. This can be triggered by a memory or association with words, events and other such things that have to do with the memory of the traumatic episode.
- Avoidance Symptoms: A traumatised patient may go out of his or her way to avoid things that are remotely close to the traumatic incident. They may fear a reoccurrence or a reminder of the event and may avoid addressing the trauma altogether. Patients suffering from this symptom may have created a mental block, and may not be able to remember the exact details of the event. They may also feel emotions like fear, guilt, depression and even worry, over the past incident which led to the trauma in the first place.
- Arousal Symptoms: Arousal or reactivity symptoms may trigger the same reactions that the person showed during the traumatic experience. These may include being on edge constantly in anticipation of a reoccurrence, or even getting startled by the slightest thing since the mind is already occupied with thoughts of the event, constantly. Anger and emotional outbursts may also be caused due to these symptoms.
- Mood Symptoms: Mood swings are the most common outcome of these symptoms. The patient may experience a complete lack of enthusiasm and drive to indulge in activities like hobbies and socialising. Also, the patient may end up harbouring feelings of negativity towards family, friends and strangers, besides going through phases of guilt and self blame for the occurrence of the traumatic event.
PTSD can be a debilitating disorder in the emotional sense, and should be treated by a psychiatrist in case it lingers on for more than six months.