Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anita ButtaYour feedback matters!
How to tackle a hyperactive child of 7 years who lacks concentration but fetches good marks in academics.As a result his mother hits him quite often. How to handle?
My four year baby is sick with a temperature of 99 degrees she can't keep anything down including liquids. Please what should I do.
My only son is 12 years old and he is very addicted to pc games and playstation watching wwe and smake down games he fights including with parents and friends, how to change his attitude, he eats junk food that time, he dont concentrate in studies, what is the problem.
10 Tips to Maintain Healthy Teeth :
“Be true to your teeth, they won’t be false to you.”
- Brushing :
- Brush your teeth twice a day.
- Night brushing is very important, because during sleep our mouth is at rest so there are more chances of accumulation of bacteria which cause further cavities and leads to disturbance in the oral cavity.
- Follow a proper brushing technique.
2. Use a good fluoridated toothpaste with a right toothbrush. Toothpaste should have 1000ppm of fluoride and toothbrush should have a small and narrow head with soft bristles.
3. Flossing :
- Flossing helps to remove food stuck in between your teeth.
- It can be done daily or 2-3 times a week.
- Waxed dental flosses available in market are of Oral B, Colgate.
4. Interdental Brush:
- If the spaces between the teeth are wide, you can use an interdental brush.
5. Oral Irrigation:
- Now-a-days, a new dental aid is added which helps to clean the teeth, interdental areas, inside the gums and below the crowns more easily.
- It is also known as dental “Water flosser” or “Oral irrigator” available in brands like waterpik, panasonic etc.
6. Drink plenty of water and rinse after every meal.
7. Clean your tongue surface daily.
8. Pit and Fissure Sealants:
- The grinding teeth in a person mouth erupt at 12-16 years of age. They have deep grooves and pits in which food gets stuck. A Sealant is applied to these teeth which makes the grooves shallow and prevents food and bacteria from getting into the teeth and causing decay
9 .Whitening - Home Remedies :
- Add a pinch of baking soda in drinking water and rinse twice a day.
- Consume strawberries once a day or crushed strawberries applied to teeth helps as teeth whitener.
10.Visit your dentist every 6 months and get your scaling (cleaning) and polishing done.
Dr. Puja Bansal - Prudent International Health Clinic, Kalyani nagar, Pune.
Mera ek beta hai 1 sal ka kabhi kabhi wo rote rote saans rok leta hai or aankho ki putlian upar chhadh jati hain chehra neela pad jata hai lagbhag 1 minut bad use saans aata hai. Magar do din pahle aisa hua ki saans rokne ke bad use 2 minut saans nahi aaya shareer akad gaya or shareer me koi bhi harkat nahi rahi tab maine use munh me munh se hawa pump ki 4-5 der munh me hawa blow karne ke bad use saans aayi. Maine DCH Dr. se consult kia to unhone kaha ki chhote bachcho me aisa zid ki wajha se ho jata hai jaise bada hoga sab thik ho jayega. Mai ye jan na chahta hun ki aisa kyun hota hai or kya ye beemari hai? Agar beemari hai to iska ilaj kya hai?
Hi Sir/Madam, I have one child. My child is 2 Years and 6 month old. He does not eat proper food. He Only take milk or some time he take namkeen or potato chips. He do not show interest in any kind of food. Dr. Banga is a famous child specialist in gwalior. Dr. Banga told me that if you do not feed your child proper food your child get in to trouble and Dr. Banga also told me that your child have low quantity of blood. Sir please help me. How can I feed my child. He do not want to eat anything. He never listen to me. What should I do?
My 8 month old son had Dilo BM when we were not around. He probably had about half a tea spoon. Do I need to take him to hospital immediately or what signs I should look for to take him to a hospital?
Hi My 4 and half year old baby girl. Sometimes I feel that my kid can hear properly. Sometimes I call her lots of time but no response. What is the reason please suggest.
My daughter is 6 years. She is becoming arrogant and restless. If some horror picture she observed confirm she will vomit in night during sleep. We (myself, my wife and my only daughter) a flat in kolkata. Our parents live in native. She like swimming but couldn't try to swim without boat.
Hello doctor I have 2.5 months male baby .He uses to urinate frequently 2 times in every one hour I am worrying bcoz is this is diabetic symptom please suggest .I am thinking bcoz of cold climate he urinating much.
Mera 10 month kaa beta he kal raat se ushe ulti dast ho rhi he, kuch bhi dete he to vomating ho jati he, ushe relyte your enterogemina ab thk diya he par aaram nhi he, please suggest.
New born baby of 3 months old does normal activities like turning head towards sound and sounds ohh and all. But last week his sister pops a toy horn with loud sound. After that he doesn't reacts to any sound. Is ter any problem please reply. If yes any solution?
My dauter (now, 12months, identified at the age of 7th month after birth) suffering with hypoglyssemia (low sugar) on testing with criticl blood sample, it is found she has high insulin. May be due to tumor in pancria. We have treated with diazoxide but no change have found on recurrence. So we stoped its use. Do you have any treatment for same. Kindly revert.
We have one and half year old baby she had loose motion in 1 hours 2 times and that is also a liquid loose motion temperature of 50 degree centigrade in Ahmedabad but fortunately we have a air conditioner so she is not getting heat, giving enough water and food fruits. Recently we have given rasi. Please advice
My 5 week old baby is hardly sleeping. Either she is in half sleep or not sleeping most of the time. She sleeps for an average of 5 hrs a day and 3 hrs at night. Should I see a doctor for this?
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.