Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Anirban ChatterjeeYour feedback matters!
Hi.. Me and my girlfriend got intimated few days back during her periods and accidentally I did inside her and after that she took an i-pill. But now she is experiencing few problems in her periods. Instead of red fluid there's a black liquid and that is also in intervals. All I want to ask, is there anything serious to worry about? recently she did a pregnancy test as well which was negative.
Had kidney transplant 8 months ago. i am all right very healthy. All report are ok .my bp is normal like 110/65.115/70 can I go jym or how much weight i can pick up?
My stomach is too fat and my skin is black. so what should I do for glowing skin face. Please tell me.
I am a 28 yr old female and having backache since I have delivery of 2nd boy in 2010, and also I had family planning operation also. What should I do?
She had a lump in the axillary region from last 18 months, wt loss of 3kg during this period. She had episodes of night sweats also.
Our endocrine glands work overtime to keep us healthy by secreting hormones which reach each and every cell in our body through the blood. These hormones evoke life changing responses in other cells to keep us alive and healthy. Endocrine surgery is a term for an operation in any one or more endocrine glands in your body.
Types of endocrine glands
- Thyroid gland: This is the most important endocrine gland in your body and it secretes thyroid hormone, which regulates metabolism.
- Parathyroid glands: There are 4 parathyroid glands and these are located behind the thyroid gland in the neck region. These glands secrete the parathyroid hormone which controls calcium levels in the body.
- Adrenal glands: These are located over the kidney. There are 2 adrenal glands and these secrete adrenaline, aldosterone and cortisol- the body’s fight or flight hormone. These also maintain salt levels in the blood and the blood pressure.
- Neuroendocrine glands of the pancreas: These are located in the pancreas behind the stomach. They work to control glucose levels and glucose metabolism.
- Pituitary gland is the master gland of the body: It secretes thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), and other important hormones that control ovaries, thyroid and other endocrine glands in your body.
Depending on the endocrine gland being operated upon, there are different types of endocrine surgeries. The most important ones are-
- Hypophysectomy: This is the surgical removal of the pituitary gland. It is a very sophisticated and critical surgery that surgeons resort to, if there is a tumor in the pituitary gland - especially craniopharyngioma tumors. It can cause atrophy of thyroid, adrenal glands and the ovaries as the pituitary secretes hormones to control their function. In addition, it can result in sterility and sometimes results in a non-functional reproductive tract in both men and women.
- Thyroidectomy: It is an operation that involves removal of the entire or parts of the thyroid gland in the neck. Trained ENT or endocrine surgeons perform this operation, which is indicated for thyroid cancer or hyperthyroidism, goiter or Graves disease. Sometimes it is done for treating an enlarged thyroid gland or obstructions in the neck region, causing problems in swallowing or breathing. In cases of total thyroidectomy patients will need life long thyroid hormone supplementation. Sometime patient can have change in voice which is usually temporary.
- Since the thyroid produces several hormones like thyroxine (T4), triiodothyronine (T3), and calcitonin, you will have to take oral synthetic hormones all your life post surgery. The thyroid is usually removed through an incision in the neck. These days there is the option of minimally invasive surgeries too.
- Adrenalectomy: It is the removal of one or both adrenal glands to treat tumors of the adrenal glands. It is done using an open incision or laprascopic technique.
- Pinealectomy: It is a surgical procedure in which the pineal gland is removed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
Acne or pimples is most commonly seen in teenagers and young adults, just around the time the body is undergoing hormonal adjustments. Thus, acne is not simply just a skin problem, but often an indication of internal bodily disturbances. Of course, there are other combination of aggravating factors at play, like genetics, active sebaceous glands and bacterial organisms that reside within the sebaceous glands.
An otherwise easily treatable condition, acne can result in permanent scars if left untreated, often resulting in low self-esteem, social isolation, depression and even suicidal ideation.
The skin acts as a window to internal disorders and many individuals with acne are found to have internal hormonal problems like polycystic ovary syndromes or insulin resistance syndromes. Females can have associated excessive hair on the chin, hair loss on the scalp, weight gain, menstrual abnormality and infertility.
- Diet does not have a major role in causing acne but cutting down on foods with high sugar content and milk may be useful.
- Certain medications and creams containing steroids can precipitate an outbreak of acne.
- Heavy and greasy cosmetics will aggravate acne.
- Special soaps, face washes, lotions, and so-called unscientific blood purifiers are of little help.
- Acne scars are repaired with newer dermatological technologies and techniques.
Just like with any other medical condition, each individual is different and will require a unique investigation and treatment plan. This is based on many factors like other current medical conditions, climate, age, sex, skin type and variety of acne. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Ow there is an irony. Can eating help you lose weight? Yes, it can, if you choose to eat the right thing. A lot of people think this'right things to be bland, tasteless food or food eaten in very small quantities. It is the time we change the myth on it. There are plenty of diets.
Hi doctor. I am 29 years old and I am suffering from mental illness from last 6 months. I feel pressure inside my brain I can't feel free because of that my memory power became weak I can't concentrate also I am a student so this very big problem for me and suggest me which medicine I should take. Thanks.
Modern Homoeopathy has newly introduced a scientifically advanced system of homoeopathy based on clinical practices which include some new concept of development along with a traditional system of homoeopathy.
Complete Cure: Modern homoeopathy completely recovers the diseases and patient as a whole in the physical, mental and holistic way in order to prevent relapse of diseases for rest of life which is very essential and important. Most importantly, Modern Homoeopathy allows treatment of multiple diseases with same medicines at the same time, along with the rest of existing treatment.
Easy: In Modern homoeopathy, we use different types of medicinal forms and scales like decimal potency, centimal potency, 50 millisimel potency, mother tinctures, biochemic medicines, patents etc.
In Modern Homeopathy, mode of medicinal intake is very easy which can be taken without any confusion under the guidance of an expert homoeopathic consultant. Modern Homeopathy does not believe in the traditional law of homoeopathy that while taking homoeopathic medicines, there should be a restriction of high smelling foods or any other such thing.
Safe: In modern homoeopathy, there are no side effects of medicines even after use of highly potentised medicinal selection as per requirement of response or stages of diseases. As we know that in 'homoeopathy potentisation process', the power or potency or quality of medicines will increase gradually and simultaneously its quantity of medicinal substance will be reduced, hence, chances of side effects are almost nil.
Fast: The most differential concept of modern homoeopathy is its fast treatment process which gives it tremendous difference from the old system of homoeopathy, because in modern homoeopathy as of now 4,000 new medicines are available and 0-50 lakh potency is available, which are scientifically proved and capable of curing any health disease without any side effects.
Cost-Effective: Modern Homoeopathy even after its multi-dimensional importance is very cost-effective in comparison to the rest of the other branches of medical science.