Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anirban Bhattacharyya
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Anirban BhattacharyyaYour feedback matters!
I got rct done by a local BDS doctor for my one of upper teeth ,ie, the 4th teeth counted from top left side. But unfortunately the RCT failed and pain started with bleeding from the teeth. I approached the doctor and he accepted some mistake and told that the used GP was short in length. He removed it out and stared doing several dressings of the wound inside the teeth. I have taken many nos. Of antibiotic medicine and pain killers. Now pain is not there but abscess is coming and could not be stopped yet after one month of repeated dressings on cleaning inside the teeth. My stomach condition has come to a stage of disorder and I am unable to take more medicines and now stomach treatment has started by another doctor. Kindly advise what to do to stop abscess/puss formation in the root of teeth. My next dentist treating me has advised for a minor operation of gum there.
Dental anxiety is a widespread problem in populations across the world abstaining them from regular dental visits. Previous studies reported 64% of individuals nervous of dental treatment, with a smaller but still significant number of adults (2.4–5%) classed as dental phobics (serious psychological problem). Surveys completed by the American Association of Endodontists reveals that most people with a fear of the dentist are based on others’ experience and not their own. Being an Endodontist (“endo” – inside; “odont” – tooth), I am compelled to write about Root Canal Treatment given its bad reputation in general. A thorough understanding of what is going to happen is half the battle won.
WHAT IS ROOT CANAL TREATMENT?
Root canal treatment is the removal of nerve and blood supply of the tooth to remove its sensation. A tooth crown has essentially 3 layers- outermost ENAMEL, DENTIN in between followed by PULP (THE INNERMOST VITAL PART OF TOOTH)
As long as decay or trauma or infection underneath old fillings or fracture are restricted to enamel and dentin, FILLINGS are enough. The moment the problem hits the PULP, it is clearly a Root Canal Treatment. Precisely, avoiding a Root Canal Treatment is entirely in your hands by scheduling regular dental visits and getting the required intervention done on time.
NEGLECT STARTS OUT AS AN INFECTION THEN BECOMES A DISEASE.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
- You have severe tooth pain especially on chewing or applying pressure on that side of the mouth
- Excruciating thrombing pain in lying down position
- Tender or swollen gums near the painful tooth
- Lingering pain in your tooth when it is exposed to hot or cold temperatures
- NO PAIN AT ALL
- Tooth appears darker or discolored
- You see a tiny pimple on your gums with intermittent pus discharge.
IS ROOT CANAL TREATMENT PAINLESS?
Every patient undergoing Root Canal Treatment for the first time has invariably enquired about this. While every tooth and every person responds differently, ROOT CANAL TREATMENT IS PAINLESS- before, during and after the procedure when performed by a skilled and experienced root canal specialist.
At Dental Panache, we ensure to invest maximum time and attention is making you numb in a pain free manner. We use topical gels and sprays to make your soft tissue numb before injecting it with very fine needles to ensure minimum discomfort. We also administer long lasting anaesthetic agents for longer appointments. When the local anaesthesia is effective, the whole procedure is absolutely PAINLESS.
Before the anaesthesia effect wears off, we start your antibiotics, painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs for about 3-5 days to ensure smooth healing and speedy recovery.
HOW LONG DOES THE TREATMENT LAST?
Though root canals can be done in a single appointment (without crown), we prefer to complete the whole process in two appointments to better judge the tooth’s response and manage it effectively. Every appointment typically lasts for 45- 90 minutes. We always give you bite blocks to open your mouth so that you are not tired.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING OR AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
- It is normal to feel tenderness or dull aching pain in the affected area for a few days because the ligament between your tooth and socket may be inflamed.
- Avoid chewing from the affected side till the crown is fixed. A root canal treated tooth inherently becomes weak and is always covered with crown for protection to prevent fracture while chewing hard food stuff.
- A foreign body feeling remains after crown cementation for 1-2 days.
- Start eating only soft food with the crown for the initial few days and gradually start using it like any other natural tooth.
- For long term success, proper oral hygiene habits and regular dental screening are imperative.
WHAT HAPPENS IF ROOT CANAL TREATMENT HAS FAILED?
It usually takes 18 months for a Root canal to FAIL (Before symptoms appear). Root canals can be safely attempted again at least twice with fairly high success rates if done by a skilled practitioner. The success rate of retreatment has been shown to be in the range of 80% healing.
PRESERVE NATURE’S GIFT
ROOT CANAL TREATMENT IS THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE YOUR NATURAL TOOTH (NO DENTIST CAN RECREATE ANYTHING BETTER THAN YOUR OWN TOOTH). If you do not get a proper Root canal treatment done, the tooth may eventually fracture. Studies have shown that well treated root canal fillings will last for many years, if not a lifetime. It is any day better than removing the diseased tooth and getting it replaced by a bridge/implant (depending on prognosis of the case).
Dear sir, From my mouth at most times a bit less very less smell outs which can be felt by the person near to me during times. Can this be rectified? I do not have any other teeth or other problems please give me natural and easy and fast solution.
Tfn implanted two years back. Implant broken (proximal end) one year back by itself. Advised revision surgery. Age 57 years.
I am 25 year old male. I am suffering from teeth sensitivity for past 1 month. I had visited more than 6 dentists. Actual problem is that I have sensitivity in all teeth all the time. Also when I speak it causes severe pain and sensitivity in all teeth. I am using sensodine toothpaste but no relief and medicines as well. Dentist told me that all the wisdom tooth surgery will be required. I am very confused. Is the wisdom tooth extraction will be the solution. Please assist.
You look your best when you wear a smile on your face. Everyone prefers a smiling face over a frowned one. Since we are talking about smiles, one can never underestimate the role that teeth play in the beauty of a smile. Dental hygiene and care is mandatory if you wish to secure your beautiful smile for years to come.
However, the global statistics for dental care suggests that we do not care enough for our teeth. 60-90% of children who are in school and almost every adult suffer from dental cavities. Dental cavities are pretty common nowadays. And yellowing of teeth can now be seen in almost every other person. It spoils the smile and makes people conscious. By ensuring a few dental care habits in your daily routine lives, you can avoid yellow teeth.
Let us discuss the tips and tricks to avoid yellowing of teeth:
- Say no to specific foods: Yellowing of teeth is caused by food choices including coffee, red wine, sodas, juices, sports drinks, white wine, coloured candies and other artificially coloured foods. It will help if these foods are consumed in less quantity and frequency as they are the major contributors towards discoloration of teeth.
- Water after every coloured drink: Here is a habit that you must inculcate in your routine, whenever you consume any of the above mentioned food items. Post every drink or food intake which can cause tooth-staining, top it up with a glass of water. When you swirl or gargle the water in your mouth, you remove the acids that get accumulated in your mouth. It is one of the simplest preventive measures one can implement to avoid tooth stains.
- Dental Hygiene: Our parents and dentists kept reminding us all the time to brush twice a day and gargle with water post every food intake but did we listen to them as kids? No we did not. Proper brushing, flossing and going for dental checkups at regular intervals are sure shot ways to keep your teeth healthy for majority of your lifetime. One must develop these habits quite early in life to gain benefits from it.
- Whiten those Yellow teeth: You might be at that stage of your life where inculcating the above mentioned habits won't do much good. The damage might already have been done. Your teeth are probably yellowish already and you have a history of dental cavities. In this 21st century, there are ways to whiten your teeth artificially with the many alternatives available in the market. One can opt for a solution, which can be done at home itself or go for a laser whitening which is now possible at a dentist clinic.
So there is still hope for those who are unable to share that smile with the world due to the yellowing of teeth. Nothing is irreparable here and the health of your teeth lies in your hand.