Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Anil PoddarYour feedback matters!
My Father is 80 years old and he is suffering from BENIGN. Prostate enlarge. Report on SR. PSA is 51.44 ng/ml. Urine passage is block and temporarily passed through tube. He is having hypertension no diabetes. Kindly suggest proper medication. And whether he can be cured by operating through urologist or through medicines.
My grandmother has suffered from breast cancer and in operation her right breast has been removed, before operation doctor recommended to have either no or one chemo but after operation and according to IHC doctor is advising 14 chemo n some injections. Please look on reports and kindly advice us.
What is the main symptoms of cancer and how will identify the cancer and that are the precaution to be take to control the cancer.
Question related to Ovarian Cancer Details : Completed 3 cemo cycle. Doctor suggested operation. Latest CT Scan reports shows 1. As compare to previous outside CT Scan dated 6th January 2015 - The Solid cystic pelvic mass remains relatively unchanged in size.(11.6 * 10.6) 2. The Soft tissue omental nodule has decreased in size (from approximately 6*5 cm to 4.2 * 3.7 cm). 3. Ascites has significantly reduced. Loculated peritonel fluid collection noted in the anterior abdomen, predominantly in infraumbilical location. 4. Thrombosis in the visualised left superficial femoral vein.
Dear Sir; Im too much depressed. I'm out of my study track, always thinks about that what happened If I have an serious disease like cancer, I'm from a poor family so how my parents effort this? All my labor n aims n desires will finished if I die. Although I don't have any problem I'm thinking so much and inviting diseases. I cant bear insults. There is an uncomfortable condition all over in my mind and body. I'm not happy with anything. I don't know what makes me happy. So pls sir tell me what should I do?
Her mother was a cervical cancer patient. Please let me know that 1. Is this type of disease is hereditary? 2. If yes. For taking precaution what she should?
On 3rd of september 2015 i had a mouth cancer lower alevious surgery in Mumbai and on 22nd november 2015 i completed my radiations. It is adviseable to drink alcohol 2 - 3 times in a month.
Most commonly occurring in children aged 5 or younger, Neuroblastoma is a type of cancer developing from immature nerve cells most often found in and around the adrenal glands. However, it is not limited and can develop in several other areas of the body, like the chest, neck, spine and different areas of the abdomen where nerve cells can be found in clusters.
Depending upon the area of the body affected, signs and symptoms may include:
1. Neuroblastoma in the abdomen:
- Abdominal pain
- Diarrhea, constipation or other changes in bowel movements
- A lump of mass under the skin which is anything but tender
2. Neuroblastoma in the chest:
3. There are other signs and symptoms caused by neuroblastoma. These may include:
- Lumps of tissue found under the skin
- Bruise-like dark circles visible around the eyes
- Proptosis (a condition in which eyeballs seem to protrude from the sockets)
- Back pain
- Bone pain
- Unexplained weight loss
Causes: Neuroblastoma typically originates in neuroblasts. These are immature nerve cells formed by the fetus as part of the development process. Eventually, neuroblasts convert into fibres and nerve cells which then make up the constituents of the adrenal gland. Normally, they either mature or gradually disappear. Others, which neither mature nor disappear, form tumors.
A number of problems may result out of neuroblastoma, including:
- Metastasis or spread of the cancerous cells
- Spinal cord compression
- Paraneoplastic symptoms, such as rapid eye movement or difficulty with eye coordination
- Abdominal swelling
Depending on the child's age, the stage of the cancer, or the types of cells involved, the treatment plan varies accordingly:
- Surgery - However, this depends on the size and location of the tumor. Tumors growing near vital organs are too risky to remove
- Chemotherapy - involves the use of chemotherapy drugs
- Radiation therapy - involves high energy beams, like X-rays
- Stem cell transplant or autologous stem cell transplant in case of high-risk neuroblastoma
- Immunotherapy - involves drugs which stimulate the immune system to destroy cancerous cells