Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Anil PoddarYour feedback matters!
Should we monitor for the side effects of the medications that doctor prescribed or for their interactions with other medications for cancer.
Hi, I am 7 month pregnant I have feel pain when I touch my left breast side near my armpit in particular side. In whole pragnancy I have this pain. My left breast size also bigger than right. I have small lump in my left breast but Dr. Says its normal. So why I have pain in particular area. Please suggest me.
My aunt's Pap smear showing HPV positive. What does that implies? Is it necessary to be a cervical cancer? She had already undergone radiotherapy n chemotherapy for breast cancer two years back. Please help.
What are the symptoms of blood cancer in a new born baby and how much time did it takes to get cure.
Any protective remedies of enlarged prostate gland - age 55 male- frequent urination - normal colour - odourless - feeling some residual is still in - to clear pressure through finger helps - check and release technique.
My dad has detected a carcinoma esophagus now we taking a treatment in Mumbai Hinduja hospital. 3 chemo are completed doctor said no any spreading in body. So please tell me any suggestions.
How cancer could get prevent for a normal person leaving healthy life and how should cancer patients face it?
What is the symptoms of blood cancer. And I have cold till last 10 years and my friend has aids. So what is time limit of his life?
Hello doctor my name is tanu my mother has cervical cancer last month she age 46 year what she care. Thanks.
The term bone marrow transplant is actually a misnomer in the present context as a vast majority of transplants are now conducted by harvesting stem cells from the blood of the donor.
So the correct and logical term now is peripheral blood stem cell transplant. This is just like a blood donation for the donor and poses no risk at all to the donor. The term blood cancer is generally used for leukemias, these can be of two types - acute and chronic.
For the chronic leukemias, especially chronic myeloid leukemia, stem cell transplant is now generally not required as drugs like imatinib, dasatinib and nilotinib are extremely effective. For chronic lymphocytic leukemia transplant is rarely done these days and is generally reserved for relatively younger patients. Even in the imatinib era transplant is an effective procedure and can cure patients with CML (chronic myeloid leukemia) who do not respond to imatinib and other tyrosine kinase inhibitors.
For acute myeloid leukemias stem cell transplant is recommended for all cases except the low risk cases, after completion of chemotherapy. Risk is defined based on kind of genetic mutations in the leukemic cells for acute lymphoblastic leukemia transplant is generally done at relapse, but certain genetic mutations necessitate an earlier transplant, so does presence of or increase in minimal residual disease, which signifies cancer cells not visible to the human eye under the microscope.
Procedure of stem cell transplant HLA matching is done between patient and siblings. Best match is selected as a donor. Matched sibling is the most commonly used donor in blood cancers. In many cases a match is not available, for such cases matched unrelated donor, cord blood, or a partially matched donor (haploidentical donor) is sometimes selected. Donor is given growth factor injection subcutaneously to bring out the stem cells from the bone marrow to bloodstream, twice daily for 5 days. After that the stem cells are collected and stored. Patient is given high dose chemotherapy to kill cancer cells as well as his normal marrow. After chemotherapy, donor stem cells are injected into the body of patient from a vein. After approximately 11-14 days the donor cells get engrafted in the patient's marrow and start producing normal blood cells. The donor cells also kill the cancer cells and prevent cancer from coming back.
Overall depending on whether the patients cancer is controlled or not before transplant the cure rate after transplant can vary from 60 % for patients who have a good control and less aggressive disease biology, to less then 20 % in patients with uncontrolled disease before transplant. Overall, approximately 40 % patients get cured with a transplant. Upto 40 % patients can develop complications, and half of these may be very severe and life threatening. This figure is more in mismatched transplants. Apart from complications, there is still a risk of relapse and these patients need close monitoring in the first few years after transplant.
I want to built up body and increase muscle tones, last 5 years was very drastic for me because in 2010 I was diagnosed in case of blood cancer and due to this my immune system is very low but now the case of blood cancer has resolved but the still remain the same. I want to make my body fit and muscular. What should you suggest me do or which supplement you provide for this? Please take this matter very seriously and its a great request from you to help me. Thank you!
My father, aged 74 years, is suffering from enlarged prostate problem, i. E, specially at night urine realesed slowly from prostate. We recently done his psa test, which is now 186. 3. My question is can my father be cuered from this problem and is there any chance of prostate cancer.
Sir My brother has operated for brain tumor in left frontal lobs in june 2014. After that operation doctor said he has cancer-anaplastic astrocytoma stage-3. He has take one month radiation with chemo 120 gm and 130 mg chemo. After radiation he has take 3 month chemo 250 mg and 350 mg alternative. But after One year now doctor saying that MRI showing a small ring in post operated area. It may be disease- mean again growing cancer cell. So please suggest what we can do this time. Is there is need of radiation again. Please suggest .
Bladder cancer is the result of the growth of cancerous cells inside the bladder. Bladder cancer is mainly of four types:
- Urothelial carcinoma: In this type of bladder cancer, the tumours may be limited to the bladder or spread from the urothelial to the deeper layers in the bladder. The urothelial is the epithelium lining in the renal pelvis, ureters, urethra and bladder.
- Squamous cell carcinoma: Squamous cells are flat, thin cells that form after a prolonged infection in the bladder. The cancer starts from these cells.
- Adenocarcinoma: Glandular cells in the bladder produce and discharge mucus. This type of cancer begins from the glandular cells.
- Superficial bladder cancer: If the cancer is limited to the bladder lining, then it is known as superficial bladder cancer. The cancer might spread to the bladder muscle wall, or spread to the lymph nodes and organs close to it.
It is important note that, if bladder cancer is detected early, then it can be cured most of the times.
Who is at a risk of acquiring bladder cancer?
Those who smoke or have a history of bladder cancer in the family or are exposed for to industrial chemicals for long durations are at an increased risk of bladder cancer.
The symptoms of bladder cancer include:
- Blood in urine
- More frequent passing of urine
- There is a sensation of pain or burning when urinating
- Bladder is not emptied completely
- Pain in the lower back
Bladder cancer treatment by conventional medication can be complemented by Ayurveda; especially, with the Panchakarma therapy, which detoxifies the body. Detoxification can be done by:
- Snehana therapy that is oil massage
- Swedana that is steaming therapy
- Vamana that is by urging vomiting
- Virechana that is by purging
- Basti is the enema medication
- Nasya or through nasal medication
- Raktamokshana Therapy
Along with the above mentioned therapies, consuming medicated juices, which contain fruits and vegetables is good for the body. Antioxidant Ayurvedic medicines are also highly beneficial. Practicing yoga, sound therapy, pranayama, acupressure and acupuncture can help in the long run.
Sometimes, traditional cancer medication can rob the body of its strength once the symptoms are cured. Rasayan Chikitsa can help the body regain its strength. Rasayan Chikitsa improves the metabolism, memory, longevity, hair and complexion. It brings back the vigour that was lost. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.
I am 50 years old my creatinine level 9 and doctor telling I had cancer one urine bladder closed that is right one and left is coming doctor wear stent for that but its right side the stent not going its blocked its seems how will my problem wil solve please give suggestion and rply which type of treatment must start.
The prostate is a small gland positioned around the urethra and is responsible for creating the fluid to be ejaculated that contains semen. Commonly described as the shape and size of a walnut, the prostate has many important functions within the male reproductive system. Reports of cancer of this organ have become very frequent. Ayurveda has very effective treatments that not only stop the spread of the cancer,, but can actually cause partial or full remission.
Some Ayurvedic treatments for Prostate cancer:
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: When mixed with honey and ghee, this medication is known to be very effective in treating anemia. However, it is also very effective in fighting tumors and cancer cells and thus is both a supplement to the body as well as fighter of illnesses.
- Amalaki or Emblica Officinalis: One of the most used and go to remedies within Ayurveda is amalaki which is frequently used to cure digestive problems. It is also an antioxidant and quickly drains out free radicals from within the body. This helps in cancer treatment, immunity boosting and improving metabolism.
- Vibhitaki or Terminalia Belerica: This is an excellent medication, which is very beneficial in purifying blood and removing toxins from the body. It is very good in increasing red blood cell count, which is very important when the body is fighting any form of cancer. Thus it is effective in the case of prostate cancer as well.
- Guduchi or Giloy: This medication is very good to fight calcium deficiency and is very effective at fighting infections as well. This is necessary to ensure that the body is protected while it is fighting the cancerous cells.
- Curcumin or Curcuma Longa: This is one of the wonder drugs being touted around as the next big thing in fighting cancer. Curcumin is the primary chemical in turmeric and is known to be very effective in the prevention of growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Punarnava or Boerhavia Diffusa: This is a great medication, which helps improve blood flow to and from the kidneys and also helps in increasing the count of red blood cells. All these properties make this particular species of flowering plant an absolute master when it comes to preventing prostate cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.