Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anil Kumar SantraYour feedback matters!
I am 36 yrs female, sensitivity especially on the back side of teeth to cold, is it advisable to use sensodyne and for how long. I guess sensodyne is symptomatic relief, does it repair enamel? are herbal toothpaste better than chemical based? kindly suggest.
Hi doctor my name is ali and my age is 22 years old I am suffering from bad breath from my mouth I showed to dentist but he suggested me to meet to stomach doctor because of stomach problems you are facing bad breath.please suggest me some remedies to overcome from my bad breath I feel very shameful when I speak to my office team please help.
Nobody is happy with their teeth and everybody wants whiter, brighter teeth. In the last few decades, tooth whitening is one of the most commonly done cosmetic dental procedures. Majority of these people are in the age of 10 to 25, who are very conscious about their looks.
What needs to be understood is that dental whitening is permissible to a certain extent. Not many people realize this and continue to use teeth whiteners even after the desired result is achieved in an effort to get it a couple of more shades lighter. This is something that we need to watch our for.
Safety of tooth whitening: Some of the supposedly unsafe aspects of tooth whitening are most products used currently are tested both on patients and in laboratory and are proven to be completely safe. However, overuse or misuse of these products can lead to issues. The active chemical ingredient in most of these products is hydrogen peroxide. Most of the products contain about 10% carbamide peroxide, which breaks into hydrogen peroxide and urea. There are claims that this is carcinogenic. However, this is not the case and there is no strong correlation. Also, if the application is done correctly, there is very minimal exposure to hydrogen peroxide directly.
The second issue that most people associate with tooth whitening is tooth sensitivity and gum irritation. Both these symptoms are directly related to the percentage of carbamide peroxide. It is shown that products with more than 10% produce more teeth sensitivity and gum irritation than those that contain less than 10%. Improper tray selection can lead to gum irritation. Also, patients who are overzealous and go about whitening their teeth further can end up with severe sensitivity. The explanation in these cases is the enamel is worn off by the chemical leading to exposed dentinal tubules which, even when exposed due to caries, can cause sensitivity.
Listed below are some ways to avoid or reduce sensitivity:
- When using the bleaching tray applicator, use it only for the recommended period of time. Do not keep it longer to make the teeth whiter.
- Use a paste that is meant for sensitive teeth. The potassium nitrate in these will help relieve sensitivity.
- Use a product with fluoride so that the teeth can remineralize. This can be used before and after tooth whitening for up to 4 minutes.
It is advisable to avoid tooth whitening in some cases like the following:
- Breast feeding
- Ceramic crowns or bridges in the front teeth - these cannot be bleached
- Gingival disease with gum recession and exposed root - the sensitivity is sure to quite high
To avail the best results, always use clinically proven products under the supervision of a dentist.
I have bad breath when I woke up everyday I have tried everything but none of them worked so what should I do ?
You are in the middle of a hot summer afternoon and decide to have some ice to cool off. Suddenly you hear a crackle and something comes into your mouth that doesn't quite taste like ice. oops! That's a part of your broken teeth! Although your first instinct is to panic, don't worry as there are a lot of things dentists can do these days to fix chipped teeth.
A tooth may chip off for some other reasons too. Decay being one of the main culprits, it erodes the top enamel leaving the tooth exposed to decay. Taking an unsightly fall or getting your teeth broken in a fight are some of the other reasons why your teeth may break o partially chip off. Here are some things you can do:
- Take care of you chipped tooth: The first thing to do when you realize that you have a chipped tooth is to see a dentist. If you are unfortunately suffering from this problem on a weekend when a dentist near you isn't accessible, keep the jagged edge of the broken tooth covered with a sugarless chewing gum or paraffin. If you get hungry, opt for a liquid diet or soft solids that don't require chewing.
- Treatment: Filling or bonding that is if you've chipped a visible tooth in your frontline, your dentist will use a tooth coloured composite resin for a 'bonding' procedure. If it is one of your inside teeth, your dentist may try a simple 'filling' to fix things up. Bonding is pretty much 'gluing' bits of your artificial teeth on. The dentist clears up the surface to place the adhesive and sticks the bonding material and then hardens it into shape with ultraviolet light.
- Adding a crown or dental cap: This procedure is used when a larger piece of tooth chips off, it happens mainly due to decay. The dentist will chip off the edges from your broken teeth and cover it with a crown or cap to protect the tooth from further damage. The cap also acts as a cosmetic fixture not making anyone realize that it is different from your real teeth.
Patients are generally given a choice on the material for the cap, which they can choose based on cost and cosmetics. A metal cap is the strongest, but can make you look like a villain from yesteryears, which has an evil glint in every smile. The other common options are porcelain fused to metal, all ceramic or all resin. This procedure will require more than one visit for x-rays, taking an impression of the tooth, trial for your crown and finally fixing it.
I have mouth ulcer for the last two months. When one is cured, the other one erupts. I am taking statin tablets now. Is it due to the medicines I am taking? Or due to some other reasons. Kindly advise.
I have problem with mouth ulcer, frequently it will come and affect 2,3 weeks I am afraid this will go any major problem Pls advice how will treat, where will consult.
I wasn't ate dinner n lunch for 3/4 times due to my tongue n opposite side whole pain n aches; I am very tear and what I should be taken?
My dentist has advised me that in my mouth I get much less saliva than a normal person. What I can do to generate more saliva.
My teeths are yellow and I want to restore their whiteness without any treatment is their any other way.
I am having problems in my teeth in last few months. Due to cavity I have to cut two of my teeth, and now I am using caps for those two teeth. I want to know how can I prevent cavity in coming future?
Vitamin deficiency and gum bleeding through mouth? Since 1 year. Bleeding is occurring after few hours of every eating particularly I observed after night food. I have nothing idea about bleeding. What's the problem and what should I do?
I m 21 yr old (male. My teeth is pain when it is in contact with some liquid material. So what can I do?
Hi A tooth has fallen long back there is damage to jaw and I am getting severe ear pain please do suggest
I am 32 years old and suffering from pyria from last 10 days its too pain in tooths n I consult doctor so he said i'm suffering from it so what r the medicine that can help me to protect my teeth from falling off.
Dear sir I am virendra gupta 22, there was some problem with my teeth 3/4 month back, hence I went for dentist and nade RCT. But capping of that I have not done what should I do for further treatment.
Homeopathy for bad breath
Bad breath is caused by problems of the teeth or gums or indigestion or chronic respiratory diseases. The cause should be sought and treated very fast as it is a real problem with many people. With properly matching the symptoms homeopathy address the causes of bad breath.