Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ananda BagchiYour feedback matters!
My mother has asthma for about 30 years and she had high blood pressure too. She cannot take medication of because because of high blood pressure need help on this.
My friend have a hole in his heart. Its size is 3.2. If the surgery is possible and plss tell me the percentage of successful operations chances.
Hey doctor I had a major operation for heart for about 3 years ago. There was no much no problem after that. But now I am having a pain which comes simultaneously.
I am a 60 years old male. All my medical tests are normal but the Blood Pressure varies from 110/65 (in the morning, after exercise) to 165/100 till the night time. I do not know what to do. The doctors say different things and are divided about taking medicine for blood pressure.
I do marble fitting job and I don't have asthma But when I reach home after doing my job I feel irritated when breathing I feel chest pain sometimes as well.
How to decrease ldl cholesterol levels and increase hdl cholesterol levels naturally? Please advise.
i am getting pain in my heartfelt side, but i' m not heavy, I am thin long man. How can I get freedom health?
Hi, I am having palpitation problem. heartbeat remains high in rest position 90+. Throat pain comes and goes automatically lasts for 30 minutes to some hours. ECG, TMT, CBC, Thyroid and vitamin test are normal. Dizziness and blurry vision remains usually. Feeling sleepy full day even after deep sleep at night. Please suggest.
I have hypertention last 7years & diabities last 2years. I want reduce my weight by 70 k. G. Current my weight is 84 k g. And also my heartbeat is goes fast. Give me perfect idear for care my health. My current dosses. 1)in morning after breakfast. Cardac -5(1), ivabrid(1), cilacare(20), arkamin. 2)janumet half before lunch. 3)after lunch -olmetrac -40, ecosprin 150 4)night-celacare 20, arkamin & glycomate 500 s. R.-half.
Studies suggest that cholesterol problems can be addressed with simple dietary changes. And aerobic exercises further enhance the cholesterol lowering effects of a healthy diet.
Here are some quick tips to lower cholesterol without drugs :
1 . Say no to trans fats
Food manufacturers use trans fats because they extend the shelf life of packaged baked goods. They raise LDL (bad cholesterol), lower HDL (good cholesterol), and increase risk of developing heart disease and stroke. They’re found in fried foods, baked goods (cakes, pie crusts, frozen pizza, and cookies). Follow this rule: choose fats and oils with 2 grams or less saturated fat per tablespoon.
2 . Switch to olive oil
Substituting olive oil for ghee or butter may reduce LDL cholesterol by as much as 15%, which is similar to the effect of a low dose of medication The “good” fats in olive oil benefit your heart. Choose extra-virgin olive oil.
3 . Add lots of fiber to your diet
Research suggests that increasing soluble fiber intake by 5 to 10 grams each day may result in a 5% drop in LDL cholesterol. Foods like oatmeal, apples, prunes, and beans are high in soluble fiber, which keeps your body from absorbing cholesterol.
4 . Choose colorful fruits and veggies
Fruits and vegetables are loaded with ingredients that lower cholesterol—including fiber, cholesterol-blocking molecules called sterols and stanols, and eye-appealing pigments. These include leafy greens, yellow squashes, carrots, tomatoes, strawberries, plums, blueberries.
5 . Add spices to your cooking
Spices like garlic, curcumin, ginger, black pepper, coriander, and cinnamon can improve cholesterol. Research shows that eating half to one clove of garlic each day could lower cholesterol up to 9%. Find more cholesterol reducing foods here.
6 . Lose those extra kilos
If you’re overweight, drop of just 4-5 Kg will reduce your LDL by up to 8%. Having 1,000 to 1,200 calories a day (for women) and 1200-1600 calories/day (for men) will help in losing weight safely.
7 . Exercise regularly
Exercising at least 2 1/2 hours a week (around 20 minutes per day) is enough to raise HDL (good cholesterol) and improve LDL and triglycerides. Start with a 20 minute brisk walk daily!
8 . Have a handful of nuts
Almonds and walnuts contain sterols, which, like fiber, keep the body from absorbing cholesterol. Go for unsalted ones and keep the quantity in check.
9 . Quit smoking
Smoking can raise LDL and lower HDL, and quitting often improves those numbers. Breathing secondhand smoke every day can also raise levels of bad cholesterol.
10 . Stay happy
Studies suggest that when you are stressed, your cholesterol levels rise in the body. Engage in hobby like gardening, join a book club or try meditation or yoga classes to keep your spirits high.
Mera dil bht tej dhadkta h n ghabraht hoti h bht .chest m uncomfortable feel hota h 1 month phle ECG and chest xray krwaye PR wo normel aye the.
I am 42 years old. My BP reached to 150-100 near period and remained 140-90 for the whole weak. Also palpitations and breathing problem occur on first day (since 3 years). My doctor told that it is tachycardia. ECG normal. Changes in V3 (every time when checked). My doctor suggested me CONCOR tab for BP. Is tachycardia harmful? Whenever it occurs I feel much uneasy. My 2D Echo is also normal.
I hav a severe problem of acidity, it persistent from many days now, I mean one day I have and another day I don't. It burns all through my chest to the throat and my heart beats increase significantly so much that I annoyingly feel it everytime.
Some times I feel little pain in chest. But it happens in the night. And also some times my heart beat increase and my body is shivering. What is the reason. What I should do?
A heart attack is usually characterised by the rupture of a plaque which can cause the spread of the cholesterol into the blood stream.
Cardiovascular diseases are a major cause of pain, suffering and death around the world, today. Heart attacks are caused by coronary heart disease. This is caused by the narrowing of the coronary artery when substances like cholesterol block it. If not treated and revived on time, a patient suffering from a heart attack can meet a fatal result.
So how can you prevent a heart attack?
- Cholesterol: We are all affected to some extent by what we eat. It is important to keep a check on your cholesterol, especially if it is on the higher side, so as to prevent a heart attack. Cholesterol is known to directly cause a heart attack, because if applies layer upon layer to the walls of the artery, and chokes them until they cannot handle the pressure any longer. So watch your food intake and bring down the blood lipid or fat levels with proper diet and exercise to alleviate the risk of a heart attack.
- Assess your Risk Factors: So are you at risk of heart disease and possible heart attack? This will very much depend on your medical history and allied ailments. If you are suffering from high cholesterol or even diabetes, your chances of having clogged arteries and a subsequent heart attack may increase manifold. Also, you may have a family history of heart diseases which can increase the risk of such ailments in your case. So, it is wise to assess your risk factors and take measures like regular checkups, medication where required and even other measures like diet and exercise.
- Blood Pressure: To prevent a heart attack, you can also keep your blood pressure in check. Constant spikes and dips can lead to a malfunctioning heart which can weaken the heart muscles and lead to a fatal result like a heart attack. Further, high blood pressure can lead to wear and tear of the inner lining of your blood vessels, which makes it that much more difficult for blood flow and circulation. So keep a blood pressure measuring machine or cuff at home, or visit your doctor regularly to keep tabs on your blood pressure.
While these basic measures can help take care of the immediate and most direct causes of heart attacks, you can also avoid passive and active smoking, and indulge in a good diet with plenty of exercise to keep your heart healthy.
I am getting heart pain while I am walking more please tell me why it happens like that there is any ayurvedic medicine for that heart pain only when walking I am getting not always.
मेरे अंकल को लास्ट वीक हार्ट अटेक आया ह डा.ने बताया की बाईपास करना पड़ेगा सर उनकी मेन बेसल्स में कोई भी ब्लोकेज नहीं है please heLP me what should I do?
Homeopathy is a method of treatment, which is based on the fact that symptoms of a certain disease, if induced in small quantities, may help cure the same disease in a sick person. Cardiological disorders are complications of the heart; they can range from various disorders, such as heart attack or irregular heartbeats.
Homeopathic remedies are based on naturally occurring substances and are given to the patients in a diluted form. These remedies trigger the symptoms in small quantities and heal the body.
The various homeopathic treatments for cardiological disorders are:
- Latrodectus: This treatment is used to treat symptoms of precordial pain in the body.
- Aurum metallicum: Aurum metallicum is used in treating symptoms of weakness in the muscles of the heart.
- Aconitum:This treatment is used when a person is having a heart attack.
- Spigelia: Spigelia is used in the treatment of irregular heartbeats which may cause sharp pain in the chest.
- Cactus grandiflorus: This treatment is used in treating angina pectoris, which is characterized by symptoms of pain caused by decreased blood flow to the heart.
- Crataegus oxyacantha: This homeopathic treatment is used in treating coronary insufficiency in people. This disorder cause problems in heartbeat.
- Digitalis: This homeopathic treatment is used in treating cardiac muscle failure. This disorder causes palpitation, tightness in the heart muscles and a suffocating sensation.
- Kalmia latifolia: This treatment is effective in treating cardiac hypertrophy, which causes the heart muscle to thicken, resulting in size reduction of the ventricles. This treatment is very effective in treating cardiac hypertrophy that results after rheumatism.
- Glonoinum: This homeopathic treatment is prescribed to treat symptoms of plaque buildup in the artery, which cause hypertension.
Related Tip: "5 Causes Of Heart Failure"