Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amitava Maity
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amitava MaityYour feedback matters!
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health, both influence each other. Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder, which is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
- There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I normally use to have enough vitamins related food daily, but there is no growth in my body structure i. E I am too slim. Now my age is 24. Can you suggest some precautions to extend my body structure. Even am visiting gym but no use.
I go to gym n don't increase my weight even after eating 3banana n 5 egg whites daily besides by three meals my weight is 60 kgs height is 5.10 inches n age is 34 years. Pls suggest some protein shake which I can take I have kidney stone problem so suggest accordingly. Thanks n regards
I am 44 years old, married, I underwent a big loss in business, at the same time my father and mother had expired too much of stress and depression suffering from memory loss since 5 years, parallel to decrease my stress level I do masturbation twice a week and my stamina went down and I can't put my knees down only bones is visible there is no muscle at all Please tell me how to overcome from this problem and give me a good solution.
My wife having frequent urination and burning sensation even after drink plenty water what is reason.
People commonly associate sex with good calorie burn. But is it really true?
A 15 minute session of active sex burns about 42 calories! The average calorie intake varies between 2000-2500 calories. So, you can see that a 15 minute session of sex is not really a calorie burning workout!
Do not be disappointed, sex has many other fitness benefits!
Happy and Slim: Having sex releases the happy hormone, called Serotonin. Several studies have shown release of serotonin makes up happy. As a result, you are not just happier, but also avoid any binge eating from depression, reducing your chances of fat gain even more.
Muscle Growth: In men, having sex releases more testosterone. Increased production of testosterone, promotes muscle growth in the body.
Reduce fat storage- Sex is a great stress buster. Increased stress produces a hormone cortisol. Cortisol production promotes fat storage in the body. So have sex, bust stress, reduce cortisol levels and torch your body fat!
Immunity: Having sex releases hormones and chemicals that improve immunity. So, if nothing else, do it to prevent yourself from getting sick.