Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amitava GuhaYour feedback matters!
My son is one year seven months old (1.7).He is very weak. On his first birthday his body weight was 9.2 kg. But now he weighs only 9.5 kg. Is there any tonic for his growth? What to do for his growth?
Frigidity is commonly referred to as low sex drive in women. But it is often emotionally mistaken as on Non-responsiveness to partner's sexual advances. It is often considered as the psychological problem in person's subconscious mind. This has to be addressed at the earliest.
It has been differentiated into two types:
- One is the condition where the women fail to respond .
- The other is the condition where the women may have difficulty in being aroused. This causes feeling of pain and discomfort.
CAUSES OF FRIGIDITY:
Most common causes are menopause-related hormonal changes. Few other causes are :
Emotional Causes of Frigidity:
- Past traumatic sexual experiences such as sexual assault or rape.
- Fear of pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases.
- Emotional distance from the partner.
- Emotions like depression, anxiety or boredom in a relationship.
- Communication problems like an unresolved emotional issue that takes place between partners.
- Lack of confidence or low self-esteem.
Physical Causes of Frigidity:
- Discomfort or pain during intercourse.
- Lack of foreplay.
- Poor sexual performance in male.
- Fatigue or Exhaustion, Insomnia and Vaginal dryness.
- Effects of prescribed medications, alcohol abuse.
- Hormonal imbalance
TREATMENT AND MANAGEMENT:
(I) Natural Treatment
- Intake of avocados, eggs, oysters, olive oil, soy, sesame oil, pumpkin seeds, nuts, sprouts chocolates, Zinc rich food and Vitamin E in your diet.
- Include Herbs such as Siberia Ginseng, Chive, Damiana, Kava, Muira Pauma, Wild Yam, Ginger root, Sarsaparilla.
- Dong Quai are very effective in curing women frigidity.
- Regular yoga and exercises boost overall sexual health.
- Read erotic books or watch erotic movies along with your partner.
- Quality sleeps and de-stress spas and body massage.
- Avoid sugary food items, red meat and poultry.
(II) Seeking professional help
- Eradicating relationship issues with the help of counseling.
- Psychotherapy in order to get rid of your hidden fears.
- If required, do see a gynaecologist for proper examination and assessment.
(III) How can your rekindle her lost passion
Here are pointers as to how to help a woman know she is loved. From this will flow astounding benefits, including bringing her to the peak of her sexuality.
- Praise her. Regularly find things you like about her physical appearance, her character and her abilities, and verbalize your admiration. Appreciate all that she does for you and freely express your gratitude.
- Be loyal to her. Don’t say negative things about her behind her back. Defend her if anyone speaks negatively about her. Don?t undermine her authority in front of the children.
- If you use humor that puts her down, be extremely careful. She might, laugh but at times your words could be damaging her. Try to wean yourself off such humor.
- Seek to discover her inner feelings. Try to be sensitive to her needs. This is a huge challenge for most men.
- Giver her time: Recognize and make allowances for times when she is tired or upset or not her usual self.
- Respect her opinions. You might not always agree with her, but try to. Thoughtfully consider her views. Never rubbish them.
- Consult your wife before making decisions. Share your plans and dreams with her. Be open and honest with her about every aspect of your life
- Regularly ask her such things as:
- What can I do to make you feel more loved?
- What can I do to boost your confidence and help you feel good about yourself?
- What can we do to make sex more exciting and fulfilling for you?
Perhaps you are scared to ask such questions for fear she will say something like, “Help more around the house”. Be brave! If this really is high on her priorities for feeling loved, then it is important. More is at stake than a bit of housework. It touches her emotional well-being and your entire marriage. Only she knows the critical elements in making her feel loved.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 31 year old female and I didn't conceive. My weight 73 kg and height 5'5. My and my husband report is normal. We are trying last 2 years. I got pregnant before 5 month but unfortunately it was missed and then after I can't get pregnant. Please give your best suggestion. Thank you.
Hello doctor, I am 21 years old, unmarried and never had any sexual activity. I am diagnosed with a cyst in right ovary (size 51 into 40 mm). I want to ask, do I need any medication or it will dissolve on its own? One more thing, I got my last periods on 6th of june 2016 and this month, I have not get my periods yet. When will I get my periods, is it related to ovarian cyst?
Hi im pregnant on month 4 Doctor said I have vaginal infection nd recommended me vaginal pills nd t.t. Injection Or else to use lukol tablet Which would be better.
My husband gets excited within seconds while having sex. Whereas I take a little bit of time. Do I have any problem? I really take time to get in mood and become wet.
What's the reason of thyroid in negative (minus). Does it impact if it's in 6 month pregnancy. And what would be the medicine to cure it though started PTU tablets from yesterday as prescribed by doctor.
I have PCOS problem due to which I am not able to conceive, but I have very regular periods. My gums had put me on clomid for 6 cycles and on gonadotrophin injections for 4 cycles and did IUI for 2 cycles. For this month I am not taking any medications as suggested by my gums. But she has told me to take Chirocyst Tablet (contains Chromium Picolinate, D-Chiro-Inositol, Myo-Inositol, N-Acetylcysteine, and Vitamin D3 as active ingredients). How is it going to help me? I am due to my period but still no signs. Am I pregnant? As I heard many stories which says after coming off clomid we can conceive naturally. I really need a professional advice please.
I am suffering from white flow from last 6 months and it irritates me so much. What should I do except consulting a doctor?
I'm 34 weeks pregnant with second baby, and first baby being 3 years old born in Aug 2013 via Cesarean due to fetal stress (as reports say). Now, doc has advised me 12 mg of Betasol to be taken twice at a gap of 24 hrs interval. Please suggest the reason for this, when I asked my gynae she said it's for High risk factors. Following are the medicines/ supplements which m taking nowadays.
The food we eat affects our mind and body in various ways. There are many kinds of foods that have varied kinds of effects on how our body behaves due to the nutritional properties of the same. Spinach is a well known green vegetable that is rich in iron and various other nutrients. Since time immemorial, this vegetable has been used in various forms like soups, curries and much more so that we may enjoy the health benefits of the same.
Let us find out more about the health benefits of spinach with these quick pieces of information.
- Prevents cancer: One of the foremost qualities of having spinach on a regular basis is that it helps in the prevention of cancer. This is due to the fact that the level of chlorophyll that one may find in spinach is absolutely apt when it comes to blocking the entry and effect of carcinogenic material and elements in our body. These are the elements that may enter our body due to pollution as well as through some kinds of processed food. So one will need to eat plenty of spinach, especially in today’s day and age of adulterated food and pollution, so as to mitigate the effect of these elements and prevent cancer. Spinach is also highly recommended for those people who have a history of cancer in their family, and hence, are at a higher risk of getting the same.
- Helps in managing one’s diabetes: Alpha lipoid acid is one of the most well-known antioxidants that can be found in spinach. This is one of the rare elements that helps in lowering the glucose levels in the body even as it increases sensitivity towards insulin. This, in turn, helps in taking care of one’s diabetes without constant hospitalisation and medication. It also helps in managing diabetes through a neuropathy approach.
- Brings down blood pressure: Spinach is of great value for patients who have been suffering from problems like hypertension as it brings down the blood pressure levels. This is because spinach manages to negate the effect of sodium, which may be found in the body. This happens due to the high potassium content, which may be found in this leafy green vegetable.
- Increases the health of bones: When we have spinach on a regular basis, our bones also get the benefit of the same. The risk of bone fracture is literally reduced to half due to the high level of vitamin K and protein content of this vegetable.
- Gives you good skin and hair: With the constant ingestion of spinach, one can also get shining hair and glowing skin due to Vitamin C and collagen element that is found in abundance in this vegetable. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hi, My relative (26 yr/F) is 7 month pregnant. Now she is facing itching problem. After LFT test, we found SGOT: 197 and SGPT is 306. Doctor prescribed UDI LIV 150 mg. Can you please suggest more and the diet?
Today I took pregnancy test I got positive result. But lightly I have dark brown color discharge 4 days. Its normal or any problem.
I am 25 years old female. Got married last july, we are planning for a baby and want to know the better chances of getting conceived. Pls note that I am currently employed and need to travel quite a distance.
Hey doc I had my last intercourse 27 June 2016 and today I test my urine test it is positive I am pregnant please prescribe me any medicine to abortion which is safe for me m 20 years old.
Yes I do experience burning sensation during urinating as well blood in urine. Wht am I suffering from?
I am three years married man age 34 wt 57kg. Height 5.6ft. After avoiding 18 month we are trying to have a child but till now fail.Please do help me.
Delicious and crunchy, apple fruit is one of the most popular and favorite fruits among the health conscious, fitness lovers who firmly believe in the concept of 'health is wealth.' This wonderful fruit is packed with rich phytonutrients that, in the true sense, indispensable for optimal health.
They are high in fiber and vitamin C, and they are also low in calories, have only a trace of sodium, and no fat or cholesterol.
Often called a 'miracle food' and 'nutritional powerhouse,' an apple a day really may keep the doctor away.
Apples are some of the most popular and delicious fruits on the planet, and there is nothing like biting into a bright, red, juicy apple to quench your thirst and satisfy your sweet tooth, all while boosting your health in a major way.
Aside from the normal ability of fibrous fruits to make us feel full and increase satiety, thereby reducing appetite and overeating, apples have another unexplained ability to help in our weight loss aims.
Now below are mentioned the Health Benefits and Risks of regularly having Apple Fruit.
Health Benefits -
Apples are loaded with vitamin C. Almost half of an apple's vitamin C content is just under the skin, so it's a good idea to eat apples with their skins. Apples contain insoluble fiber, which provides bulk in the intestinal tract.
The bulk holds water that cleanses and moves food quickly through the digestive system.
The health benefits of apples include improved digestion, prevention of stomach disorders, gallstones, constipation, liver disorders, anemia, diabetes, heart disease, rheumatism, eye disorders, a variety of cancers, and gout.
It also helps in improving weakness and provides relief from dysentery.
Health Risks -
'Eating apples in excess will not cause any side effects,'
No side effects are generally known or expected to occur with apple fruit. However, apple seeds should not be eaten, as they contain cyanide and are poisonous.
Apple seeds, also called pips, contain a substance called amygdalin, which can release cyanide, a powerful poison when it comes into contact with digestive enzymes. Whole seeds will pass through your digestive system relatively untouched, but if you chew the seeds you may be exposed to the toxins.
One or two will not be harmful, as the body can handle small doses of cyanide, but if you or a child chews and swallows a lot of seeds, you should seek medical attention immediately. A very large helping of apple seeds may be fatal.