Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Amitabha LahiriYour feedback matters!
Is there any risk of spreading cancer in biopsy. I know many people who were having cancer but were not feeling much problem before biopsy. After biopsy there condition were critical .Is it correct. Is it last option. I am not doctor but after taking a tissue from affected area. Blood will mixed with pure blood vessels and chances of spreading increases. Please suggest am I right or wrong.
I had noticed blood traces at the beginning urination about one month back. I carried out a blood urine examination it said PSA as 7.69, Further scanning showed prostate is of normal size. I took ciplox 500 for a month and retestedt PSA and the result showed 7.67. The doctor said that a biopsy is needed. Since I am 74 years old, I don't intend to go for biopsy. If I leave it as is, will there be any complication later? Is there any medication available for high PSA?
My father was detected with localized prostate cancer last year and was followed by a heart attack later. He then have to undergo angioplasty with a non-drug eluting stent. Over one year has passed and his Stress test reports are excellent now as per cardiologist. Can he undergo a radical prostatectomy (prostate cancer surgery ) now or it will be risky for him to undergo surgery? Thank you.
I want to take medicine to dry the breast milk. Dr. suggests cbline. Now should I release some milk if breast get engorge? If yes how much and how many times a day. And if I lead to non release then does it have chances of mastitis?
Sir I am 24 year boy suffering from prostatitis from last 6 months. 10-12 pus cell in sperm. No growth in culture. Doctor give me 3 months of ofloxion 400mg no cure. I go to uroglist he give me levofloxion 500mg for 6 weeks. In how many weeks antibiotics start working. Please reply me sir.
I delivered a baby on 24th may lscs was done now my stitches little paining and lump found near stitches what might be this please suggest any solution.
A 62 year old Patient is diagnosed with prostate cancer affecting backbone and hip bone, what will be the line of treatment if patient doesn't want to have biopsy done.
My mom age is 45 yrs. She is feeling itchy on the chest area and sometimes the skin on the chest is paining also. Are these symptoms of breast cancer and what is the way to cure it? Pls help me I am afraid. Pls. No other symptoms r there.
Hello Sir, I have a blood cancer and the breast cancer and I losses the hair very rapidly so sir Please advise.
Dear Sir, I need your kind help regarding my father cancer. I have done an FNAC testing for my father Mr. O.P.Agarwal, Age 59 Please check attached/below FNAC Report details. Is this first stage of cancer? Or advance stage? Please advice what next step should I follow. What kind of cancer is this? Do we go with Biopsy first? Surgery is the only option for treatment? SITE OF ASPIRATION: RIGHT SIDED UPPER DEEP CERVICAL LYMPH NODE. MATERIAL ASPIRATED: BLOOD TINGED THIN FLUID MICROSCOPICAL EXAMINATION: Smears show discrete and loose aggregates of atypical squamous cells. These show pleomorphic hyperchromatic nuclei and moderate amount of cytoplasm. Background shows degenerated blood elements. COMMENTS: Metastatic squamous cell carcinoma. ADVICE: Biopsy Please check it and provide your valuable suggestion. Thank you very much for your time and help. Thanks and Regards, Naresh.
I am using skinshine cream by cadalic for past more than 1 year so does it cause skin cancer or any harmful side effect. What will be your suggestion about the cream?
I hv very severe pain in my breast bt there is no cyst (ghat), Dr. Recommended me codesoft capsules for 1 month, my treatment is going on bt still I hv pain. Wht to do then? Plzz suggest me any solution for this.
It is necessary that if my Mom had Breast Cancer then at certain age I can also get diagnosed? Please advice me.
Lung cancer is caused by disorderly growth of uncommon cells which line the air passage, usually starting off in a single or both lungs. The irregular cells do not mature into healthy lung tissue but instead divide speedily and result in tumor formation.
Causes behind lung cancer:
- Smoking: This is considered as the most significant source of lung cancer. As reported by multiple researches and studies, cigarettes contain over 4,000 chemicals, most of which are cancer causing agents. Active smoking is one of the major causes of lung cancer but what may come to you as a surprise is that extended periods of passive smoking is also a major factor.
- Pollution and Exposure: There is high risk of lung cancer development when there is occupational exposure to pollution by chemicals released from industrial factories. Chemical exposure of this kind refers to prolonged exposure over quite few months or years. Some examples of these chemicals are asbestos, diesel exhaust among many others.
- Radioactive Gas: Radioactive gases naturally occur in small masses present in all soils and rocks. However, if you breathe in radioactive gases your lungs will damage and may cause the development of abnormal tissue which can cause lung cancer.
- Family history: A family history of cancer, especially lung cancer will also put you at high risk of developing lung cancer.
Treatment methods of lung cancer:
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is a method in which drugs are injected through veins in your arm (intravenously) or orally or in a combination of both. These drugs kill cancer cells and help to stop it from spreading any further as well.
- Clinical Trials: These trials are experimental lung cancer treatment studies. You may have to try out this clinical therapy if other treatment methods aren’t working and only if you are accepted into it.
- Surgery: A surgeon will help remove affected areas of the lung including cancerous tumors via surgery. The surgeon may need to remove parts of the lung along with the cancerous growth. In certain cases, one side of the lung may also be completely removed to stop the spread of the malignant tissue.
- Radiation Therapy: This is a therapy where high energy electromagnetic waves are passed through your body to destroy cancer cells with the help of high-powered energy beams.
Can you prevent lung cancer?
- Nutrition -- A healthy diet with lots of fruits and vegetables may also help reduce your risk of lung cancer. Some evidence suggests that a diet high in fruits and vegetables may help protect against lung cancer in both smokers and non-smokers. But any positive effect of fruits and vegetables on lung cancer risk would be much less than the increased risk from smoking.
- Exercise -- Even moderate amounts of exercise can aid in lung cancer prevention. Studies suggest that even something as simple as gardening twice a week is associated with a lower risk of developing lung cancer.
- Smoking Habits -- If you stop smoking before a cancer develops, your damaged lung tissue gradually starts to repair itself. No matter what your age or how long you’ve smoked, quitting may lower your risk of lung cancer and help you live longer.
- Avoidance of Air Pollution -- Long-term exposure to ambient air pollution and, in particular, particulate matter with absorbed polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and other genotoxic chemicals has been suspected to increase the risk for lung cancer. So, avoid air pollution as much as possible.