Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. Amitabha BandyopadhyayYour feedback matters!
Urinary Incontinence is the sudden urine loss that occurs involuntarily in women. Some of the factors which cause urinary incontinence are pregnancy, menopause (know more why Women Are More Vulnerable to Heart Diseases Post Menopause) and childbirth. It should be noted that urinary incontinence by itself is not a disease, but is a symptom of other underlying disorders such as diabetes, infections and other conditions.
Causes of temporary cases of urinary incontinence include:
1. Constipation (learn more that Work for Constipation Relief)
2. Urinary tract infections
3. Excess consumption of alcohol and caffeine
4. Consuming carbonated drinks
5. Use of artificial sweeteners
6. High doses of vitamin B and vitamin C
7. Being on sedatives, muscle relaxants, blood pressure and heart medications
8. Eatables which are too spicy, acidic or sugary
However, persistence of incontinence might be due to a more serious condition. Some of the causes are stated below:
- Age: The bladder muscles tend to weaken with age. This affects the bladder’s urine holding capacity.
- Pregnancy: Hormonal changes and increase in weight during pregnancy can cause incontinence.
- Menopause: Oestrogen is responsible for the healthy maintenance of the lining of the urethra and bladder. The onset of menopause causes the oestrogen hormone levels to drop. The gradual damage of the bladder tissues causes incontinence.
- Childbirth: The bladder control muscles are weakened during normal vaginal delivery, thus leading to incontinence.
- Obstruction: Occurrence of tumours in the urinary tract can block the normal flow of urine which can cause incontinence.
- Hysterectomy: The same ligaments and muscles support both the bladder as well as the urethra. With removal of the uterus by hysterectomy, the pelvic floor muscles are deteriorated. This leads to urinary incontinence.
- Neurological disorders: Conditions such as multiple sclerosis (autoimmune disorder in which the immune system destroys the protective sheath of the nerves), Parkinson’s disease (disorder affecting motor functioning of the body), brain tumours, spinal injury or strokes are capable of causing incontinence.
Different forms of urinary incontinence are classified on the basis of their symptoms:
- Urge incontinence: Urge or urgency incontinence occurs when there is a leak before the person reaches the toilet.
- Stress incontinence: Small amounts of urine leak out during normal physical movements such as sneezing, coughing and exercising. This happens because of the minimum stress exerted on the body, and hence, the name.
- Functional incontinence: Sudden leakage of urine occurs due to external deterrents or physical disabilities such as not being able to find a toilet.
- Overactive Bladder: This is characterized by frequent and urgent urination.
- Overflow incontinence: A full bladder, at times, leads to unexpected leakage.
- Transient incontinence: If urine leakage occurs due to temporary situations such as infections, or new medications.
Hi Diabetes in Morning 134 Morning After breakfast 324 after noon Lunc 269 in night after dinner 238 medicine taking Insulin 32 Point, Galvas Mat 50/1000 Voglitor 0. 3 & Redical HR 60 ( exect no name) can you suggest me for control Diabities
Always from my eyes water will be oozing out. Why this happens and what medicine should I try. My age is 65 years and suffering with diabetes from the last 25 years. Pl help TQ Raju.
I am 37 years old. And also diabetes and enlarged fatty liver . I consumed alcohol twice or thrice daily. What I should do.
I feel pain in chest. Sometimes in both sides and some times in side of heart. What can this be. A heart problem or chest problem.
I am 42 Years of Male engaged to frequent travellings. Upset with severe ACIDITY. Can not reduce anyhow for last 7 - 8 Years. Now have to take the following medicine everyday morning at empty stomach - sompraz D 40 Want to get rid of this. Please suggest Doctor.
Hi I everyday masaz my pennies by my hand a finish after 10 minutes it's any problem is my body I like too much.
Hi I am 60 yrs old. Since 2011 I had compression in l3 and s4 and due to that my sensory nrves specially on left is not properly functioning and symptoms like bladder control, fear for fall and swelling in legs, it may be stenosiis, suggested surgery but I dont want, is it possible nerves functioning by medicine, my all systems like bp heartbeapulse are very normal. No kidney problem, no diabetes. No other problem except I described u. Bodily I am 86 kg. Pls suggest medicine for curing nerves(sensory) and swelling of my legs, in allopathic
I don't know why but I am addicted to sex. It is in my mind for 24 hours. I can't concentrate on my work. Can you help me please?
I'm suffering from headache for a week. During sleeping there is no hesitation but whenever I used to open my eyes I able to feel headache. Sir, is it eye problem? What should I do?
Whether you're looking for a quick and healthy staple for breakfast, a snack to get you through the day, or simply a slightly unconventional dinner, eggs can be a nutritious addition to your diet. An inexpensive source of protein, eggs also provide vitamin a, iron and selenium. The way you prepare an egg affects its calorie and fat content, but most of the nutritional value are retained.
A hard-boiled egg is cooked by placing an egg, shell and all, in boiling water for about 14 minutes, or until the yolk and whites are firm. Hard-boiled eggs may be eaten alone, chopped and made into an egg salad or used as a topping on green salads or soups. Fried eggs are prepared by cracking a whole egg into some sort of fat--butter, bacon grease or vegetable oil. The egg may be cooked through by basting it with the fat in the pan, or flipped to brown it on both sides.
Calories and fat
One hard-boiled egg has 77 calories while a fried egg has 90 calories. A hard-boiled egg provides 5 grams of fat, 2 grams of which are saturated. A fried egg cooked in vegetable oil provides 7 grams of fat with 2 grams saturated. Using saturated fat to cook the egg, such as butter or bacon grease, will increase the saturated fat content of the egg as well.
Both egg preparations provide 6 grams of protein. A fried egg is slightly higher in iron, with 5 percent of the recommended dietary allowance, versus 3 percent for a hard-boiled egg, based on a 2, 000-calorie diet. Either egg preparation provides between 2 and 3 percent of the rda for calcium and 10 percent for phosphorus -- two minerals important for healthy bones -- as well as 14 percent for riboflavin and 11 percent for vitamin b-12. Both hard-boiled and fried eggs contain 22 percent of the rda for the trace mineral selenium, which acts as an antioxidant to scavenge disease-causing free radicals.
An egg contains about 210 milligrams of cholesterol, regardless of whether you fry or hard-boil it. The American heart association advices limiting cholesterol intake to 300 mg or less daily. One fried or hard-boiled egg may fit into a heart-healthy diet, if you limit other sources of cholesterol on days you choose to eat a fried or hard-boiled egg.
Patra panda sweda(ela kizhi) is a specialized therapy which is performed for the diseases related to Bones, muscles and nerves. Patra means leaves of medicinal plants. Pinda means a bolus. Sweda means Fomentation or sudation. The swedana karma or sudation therapy which is given by using a bolus which is prepared by the different combination of medicinal leaves which is processed with medicinal oil along with the medicinal herbs is called as patra panda sweda or ela kizhi. This procedure is unique, which comprises both snehana (oleation) and swedana (sudation) (snehayukta swedana)
Benefits of Patra Pinda Sweda:
It strengthens and rejuvenates the bones, muscles and nerves
Strengthens the tissues
Increases the circulation
Provides color and complexion of the skin
Helps to Reduce pain, inflammation and stiffness of the muscles
Induces good sleep and reduces the stress.
Sprains and cramps