Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amarnath Mallick
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Amarnath MallickYour feedback matters!
For human beings, the body is considered the temple, one that they strive to keep fit and in shape. In fact, the plethora of ailments, which people complain of suffering from, almost always deal with their physical health. In this over engagement to restore the physical health, the well being of the mental health is never considered. However truth remains that the health of the mind is equally if not more important and must be given its share of priority. With the growing age and times, depression has emerged as a gnawing problem, one that is plaguing individuals indiscriminately and one that must be eradicated as soon as possible.
Some of the ways to combat this fatal ailment are:
- Exercises: Everyday a bit of exercise not only keeps the body fit and healthy, but also goes a long way in easing and calming the mind. You need not indulge in strenuous exercises, but must make it a conscientious habit to work out a bit daily.
- Talk to people: Though depression makes one inexorably quiet and silent, the first thing that is prescribed as a remedial measure is talk to people. Engaging in conversations with people, telling them what exactly is troubling you are proven ways to combat depression.
- Meditate: There is no better way to treat mental ailment than meditating. When you suffer from depression, your body undergoes severe conflict. Meditating not only calms the mind, but also soothes away the worries.
- Develop a support system: Depression is almost always followed by an unfathomable sense of loneliness. Talking to others does help, but at the same time try to develop a support system. Find an individual, be it parents, relatives or friends and confide in him or her. Not sharing what you are going through is never a solution and only exacerbates the fatality of the situation.
- Change the daily routine: Monotony is never exciting and it is only time, before the humdrum of life gets to you. Changing the daily routine and incorporating something new and exciting go a long way in recuperating you from the mental dullness and fatigue. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Sir when I am working on computer I miss the alphabet for example at 2, 4 min I forget that which alphabet is called a. Same things happen with numbers. My expression are change immediately. And I also can't sleep long time. I wake up 4 5 time on night bt I m feeling so tired. I am thinking so much without any connection and limitations. Is this symptoms for depression. What I do ?which kind of doctor I contact.
Hi. My father had Parkinson disease.Is this hereditary? also how can I improve my nervous system? any supplementary or medications. please advise. Thankx.
My husband has been depressed for a year now, he refuses to get up from bed and go to work, what should I do?
Sometimes my anxiety level rises high and I also begin to sweat how can I keep my anxiety levels under control? I've heard magnesium supplements can help one in keeping it low. Please advice.
My 3 years old daughter doesn't speak much. She says words to explain what she wants but she doesn't talk fluently. She is good with her motor skill, body balance. She even tries to trick me. I'm a single parent. My ex husband was violent with me in front of my daughter till she was around 2 years old. Is it possible that violence that my daughter has witnessed has effected her growth or language skill in someway. Also I work long hours each day, I hardly give my daughter 3-4 hrs a day. She is mostly with her maid. Should I seek some psychological treatment for my daughter?
Hi I m 21 years old and doing engineering. I m unable to memorize the things for long last. When I sit for study I usually study not more than 2 hours and got headache after that. What should I do to improve my memory.
Quick tips for relieving stress
1. Go for a walk around the block – and even longer if you have the time.
2. Make faces in a mirror to reduce the muscle tension (and the chances are it will make you laugh as well).
3. Stretch – and loosen the muscles in the shoulders, neck and jaw
4. Make a thankfulness list.
5. Find a place to withdraw from everyone. Five minutes on your own can really make a world of difference!
6. Turn off your phone and any message notifications.
7. Switch off the inner critic in your head.
8. Look for humour in the situation.
9. Have a cup of herbal tea.
10. Eat a banana. It increases your levels of potassium (which are depleted in times of stress) and gives an immediate boost in energy.