Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amaresh BanerjeeYour feedback matters!
Tried everything. laser dermarolling chemical peels .no improvement in melasma spots left behind by àcne on both cheeks and worsened by son exposure. Please help. Thanks in advance.
My age is 28. And my face is like looking old. And I have scars in my face. Please help me the diet to take look young and creams to use?
Evrytime I walk for a while the skin between my thighs gets chaffed. Even now am dealing with one on my right inner thigh. Please help.
Hi Librart, I have some scars on my cheeks. Can anyone suggest any scar removal creams or lotions which reduces it and makes my skin on my face plain?
Hi Doctor, My friend had many blemishes on face even black spots, her skin is oily, and her face going dull day by day. please tell her best cream for blemishes.
There is rubbed part occur over both part of my anus. What medicine should I use to cure my this disease.
Almost every person salivates over desserts and sweets. One does not need a special occasion to get their sweet tooth going. While the lip smacking sugary delight might impress the taste buds, it is sure to affect the health in a big way. If you thought that sugar was only bad for your waistline and general health, then you need to know that it is equally harmful for your skin. In fact, it can lead to serious dermatological conditions.
Harmful effects of sugar on the skin
A lot of what we eat reflects on our body externally. A number of internal changes can influence the external appearance of the body. Excessive intake of carbohydrates, starch and sugar can have an adverse effect on the skin. It can also accelerate the ageing process. But what triggers these complications needs to be understood and discussed in detail.
Carbohydrates can be simple or complex. Simple carbohydrates (cake, bread; to name a few) break down and convert to glucose rapidly. Increased glucose level implies increased insulin level, and causes inflammation, which affects the whole body. The enzymes produced during inflammation breaks down important proteins, namely elastin and collagen, leading to wrinkles and saggy skin.
Acne problems mainly arise from Glycation (the process through which digested sugar attaches permanently to the collagen). Glycation plays a significant role in accelerating the ageing process.
Complex carbohydrates, on the other hand, is good for health. When ingested, complex carbohydrates break down at a much slower rate. As a result, there is no abnormal increase in the insulin level.
Corrective measures to check the harmful effects of sugar on the skin:
With a little care and preventive measures, the deleterious effects of sugar on the skin can be minimised.
- Supplement your diet with foods rich in antioxidants. Lean proteins, fibrous foods and diets rich in good fats are highly recommended. Include beans and nuts that have low glycemic value in your diet. Drink plenty of water.
- Food items containing high amount of saturated fats (cheese, ice creams, fried foods; to name a few), and with high glycemic value should be strictly avoided.
- Do not compromise with your sleep. A sound sleep and a stress-free life is the mantra to a glowing and youthful skin.
- Practice meditation and yoga diligently. The rewarding and positive outcomes will leave you in awe.
- Do not skip your meals or indulge in overeating. Have small servings at regular intervals.
I am suffering from leukoderma. So,i started doing kapal bharti and some other pranayama. Someone told me to do this for 1 hr but when I starts doing pranayama, after 5 minutes it's very difficult to do pranayama. Please suggest me something so that I can increase my pranayama time.
A friend of mine is having some kinda rashes on inner thigh. Rashes are extremely itchy once provoked they are black in color and make circle type of shape.
My face is too much oily in summer and problem of pimples increases in summer sometime its increase pain in face. Please give me solution.
Mere chahre per mote mote pimples ho rhe hai please upay btayein chehra saawla be hai or kuch aesa upay btaye ki nishaan or pimples ke sath sath rang bhi gora ho jaye.
My hand is changing colour of skin .because sunlight reflect thats call tanning. So please you tell what I do for this tanning?
I'm a 25 years old male and I have a dry skin after I change my living place what should I do to get normal skin and what kind of sunscreen I can use for my day to day life. To get better skin tone.
Hye doctor am using last one year good body lotions present its not good for me my skin is very dry what is the solution for it can you tell me the good lotion.
I am just only 27 yrs old but there are a lot of wrinkles on my face. What should I do? please advice natural remedies.
Hi, she is suffering with her hand from last 15 years, she already treatments with many Dr. S but not found any good result. Her problem is that all hand Pam skin is very rough n some time many cut and bleeding and very small small bubbles in her hand, she not able to do any work and little pain also. Please some better suggestions. Waiting for your reply.
A common skin condition, which causes the discoloration of your skin in patches across the face, melasma is more of a social embarrassment and cause for distress rather than being a serious condition. Although it affects men as well, studies have shown that over 90 percent of patients are women. It is also known as the mask of pregnancy as many pregnant women develop this skin condition.
Causes of Melasma
Primary causes of melasma have been attributed to various hormonal changes within the body. Let's look at some of the factors that may cause this disorder:
- Pregnancy: This is often attributed as the leading cause of melasma, the primary cause has often been attributed to hormonal changes that a woman may experience due to pregnancy.
- Treatments that may change hormonal balance: Women on contraceptive pills or who have implants such as intrauterine devices may also develop this disorder. This is due to the balance of estrogen and progesterone being changed within the body.
- Sun exposure: Continued sun exposure may also lead to melasma. This is due to the activation of melanocytes within the body which start producing more melanin.
- Stress: Long periods of stress on the body can also trigger hormonal changes and cause melasma.
- Thyroid problems: If someone suffers from Hypothyroidism or low levels of the thyroid hormone, it can trigger other hormonal changes and also cause this skin disorder.
It has also been noticed that people with generally a darker skin tone tend to get melasma and it is less common in people with fairer skin.
Certain characteristics of Melasma
Melasma develops in certain patterns which can be easily diagnosed either as spots on the skin similar to freckles or brown patches of skin that grow bigger. Some of these patterns are:
- Malar pattern: This grows on the nose and cheeks
- Mandibular pattern: Starts growing around the jaw line
- Brachial melasma: This grows on the upper arms and shoulders
- Lateral cheek pattern: Grows on the cheek on both sides of the face
- Centrofacial pattern: Nose, upper lips, forehead and cheeks
Treatment of Melasma
Most women who develop melasma during pregnancy report that it goes away after childbirth. However certain forms of melasma may appear in non-pregnant women due to hormonal changes. Treating the underlying hormonal changes usually, resolves the problem. However certain other methods may be required to resolve the issues such as skin creams, chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.