Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amalendu GuptaYour feedback matters!
Monsoon comes with a relief after those scorching hot summer days. You feel relieved and in this enjoyment, forget about your skin. Yes, this damp weather may let you feel easy but does your skin feel the same? The answer is perfect NO! There are a lot of problems that arise along with the monsoon.
The good news is that if you take some care, you will be able to enjoy the season along with keeping your skin healthy and glowing.
Here are certain tips for your skin care during monsoon:
Tips for skin care:
There are mainly three types of skin which are oily skin, dry skin and combination skin. Depending upon your skin you should follow a different regime, but discussed here are certain tips that will be useful for all skin types during monsoon.
- Wash your face at least 3 to 4 times a day. If you have dry skin, then do not overdo it as it may dry it up more. Use soap-free cleansers to keep your face clean and moist all the time.
- Use scrubbers at regular intervals as it helps in exfoliating your skin and unclogging the pores. Even one's with oily skin will also find it useful.
- After cleansing and scrubbing use alcohol free toner so that the open pores that are caused by high humidity are closed. Too many open pores are not good for oily or combination skin.
- It's a habit of most individuals to stop the use of a sunscreen as it starts showering. Do not do that, keep using it even when the climate cools down and the sun is behind the clouds.
- Avoid using heavy makeup during the monsoon. Even if you have to apply some, go for waterproof makeup.
- For keeping your skin hydrated and brightening it, you can use lotion based serum that will help to keep your face moist.
- Avoid bleaching in monsoon as it is more harmful to your skin during this season.
- Take care of your lips by applying some milk cream on it. If you find them slightly cracked you can apply coconut oil. Try to avoid deep colored lipsticks. Go for natural shades during monsoons.
- Keep your skin clean and for that do pedicure and manicure regularly. It is always recommended more during the monsoons.
- After reaching home wash your feet, hands and face properly. During the monsoon, there are more germs everywhere so it is necessary that keep them clean.
- Drink as much water as you can to be hydrated.
Follow these tips as these will keep your skin glowing even during this dull season. However, if you still feel odd, it's better to get expert advice on skin care during the monsoon.
I have done by stitches in my leg at the point of knee, due to stitched there is a development of black colored extra muscle growth on stitches. What is the treatment?
Pityriasis lichenoides is referred to a rare type of rash which is characterized by tiny papules that voluntarily flatten and relapse within a period of weeks. This condition which can range from moderate to severe in nature can be either chronic or acute. In the severest cases, it may develop into reddish brown blisters and crusts.
Causes and Symptoms: This condition which is chiefly prevalent in teenagers and adults is slightly likelier to appear in males. This condition is extremely rare among infants and aged people. Although, the precise cause of the condition is unknown, yet three major hypotheses have been suggested as the reason for the condition. They are:
- Infectious agents which cause an inflammatory reaction
- A non-cancerous form of T-cell lymphoproliferative which causes a disorder
- An hypersensitive vasculitis
Some of the infectious agents which can cause this condition include:
- Toxoplasma gondii
- Staphylococcus aureus
The lesions of pityriasis lichenoides usually appear over the course of several weeks or sometimes months.
Common symptoms include:
- A tiny pink papule which turns reddish brown in color
- A fine scaly central spot which when peeled off exposes a lustrous, pinkish brown exterior
- The spot becomes level over a number of weeks, leaving a pinkish-brown mark, which may take several months to fade.
These spots which occur over the buttocks, arms and legs, more typically occur in the hands, feet and even the scalp. Although far from being painful or irritable, pityriasis lichenoides spots can render the skin unsightly.
Treatment: The condition though diagnosed by its history and appearance, is entirely confirmed through skin biopsy tests. In usual episodes, the skin heals on its own. But if the condition persists for long one may resort to various therapies such as topical steroids, sunburns and oral antibiotics.
If you want to take, good and proper care of your All of us want to have smooth, flawless, soft, spotless, fair skin and today I am going to give you some fantastic tips to take good care of your skin.
70% of our body is made up of skin and hence it is necessary for you to take proper care of your skin. Your skin needs nourishment and it comes from food, so eat skin friendly foodstuff like yoghurt, green tea, kiwi, dark chocolate (I am not kidding, it is true), berries, salmon, almonds, carrots, tomato, etc. You are what you eat and you look what you eat, so if you eat unwanted food, junk food, then you will tend to look fat and you will have many pimples, as pimples are a sign of eating wrong, oily and unhealthy food.
Firstly, you ought to find out what is your skin type. There are four skin types of skin namely normal skin, oily skin, dry skin and combination skin.
If you skin looks life less, then you have dry skin. Dry skin lacks hydration and moisture; to help your skin look lively and beautiful, apply moisturizer daily at night.
If you sweat a lot, your skin looks greasy, you have many pimples and there are patches on your pillow, then you have oily skin. Most of the people with oily skin tend to have blackheads, pimples, acne, etc. As the skin is oily, dust tends to settle on it; hence, you have to wash your face frequently.
When your skin looks neither dry nor oily, then you have normal skin. One with a normal skin does not face much problem, but then too use a moisturizer and a scrub daily.
Combination skin means you have a combination of both, oily skin and dry skin. Some patches of your skin may look dry and some may look oily. If you have combination skin then you have to tend to each area carefully. It is better to consult a dermatologist if you have frequent out breaks of acne on the oily part of your skin.
Hence, you need to take care of your skin according to its type. If do not then it will only cause more damage to your skin. No matter what the skin type, apply sunscreen before you go out in the sun; wash your face frequently and use a moisturizer and a face wash daily.