Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Alokesh Ganguly
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Alokesh GangulyYour feedback matters!
Eyes have often been ignored by a lot of us and if you ask around as to how many times a week anyone did something to improve eyes, the most probable answer is zero. Being your window to the world, and with increasing time being spent on watching TV and computers, it is important to pay attention to your eyes.
- Eyes are one of the most important organs in the body. Upkeep of eyes involves many steps. Habits like not continuously staring at screens or monitors, which leads to straining of eyes and ensuring proper lighting while using your eyes are some of the healthy habits. Sleep is also important to ensure eyes are maintained healthy.
- If proper care for eyes is not taken, it can result in various eye conditions such as age related macular degeneration and cataracts, which is a leading cause of blindness in the world.The Ayurvedic name for defective eyesight is ‘Drishti Dosha’. Alochaka Pitta is responsible for maintaining eyesight and it weakens with age. To ensure good healthy eyes, proper caring for the eyes is one preventative measure that helps. A few causes of defective eyesight include prolonged constipation, nervous debility, prolonged common cold, stress, diabetes, excessive smoking, alcohol intake and caffeinated drinks.
- Yogic eye exercises, if done daily, are a gentle and effective way to prevent vision problems from developing. Foods like apple, sprouted chickpeas and raw carrots, along with almonds, green leafy vegetables and wheat bread provide nourishment for eyes
- We have extensive programme for eyes and rehabilitation of eyesight.
I have problem with my eyes, I am wearing glasses of -4. Sometimes in the evening time, water comes out from both of my eyes. It happens in the daytime also sometimes. It's not more than 3-4 drops from each eye. Sometimes I feel hot inside my eyes just like temperature. Is everything right? Pls suggest. Thanks.
Hi, I was worked in a sight of tar road construction. Next day my hands came in black colour upto muscles that time I wear a t-shirt. Why this happens. What the reason for my skin colour change. And how I get my old skin colour asap. Please suggest me.
I had a little bit squint in my eyes sometimes it will feels bad how can I correct it is there any exercise or only one way operation?
I have 1 year baby at present her eye have some infection like redness more tears and size are some smaller than other can I use pyrimon drop for this treatment.
While at mid of sleep during night my right eye ball started burning like hell, fluid was flowing from the eye and the nerves near eye ball was fully red. The burn was so severe that I had to get up and put some water in eyes, but that was not the solution for it. After that I couldnt sleep due to pain/burn. Though the burn lessen down after hours, but still I am having some pain. What is the reason and what should I do?
I have affected by hereditary eye problems like retinitis pigmentosa due to my parents close relation marriage. I'm very difficult to manage evening travel with low lights and my side vision is also poor. Is any treatment?
An eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is a condition that strikes when certain substances irritate the eyes, which can cause a reaction. This reaction has varied symptoms starting from inflammation to watering and even redness and an itching sensation.
So how can you tell if you have an eye allergy? This article will tell you all you need to know!
- Causes: To begin with, this is an immune response that happens when the eye comes in contact with substances like dirt, grime, pollutants, pollen, nettle, pet hair, smoke, mold and more, which may cause irritation. These are typically known as allergens. The immune system takes these allergens to be invaders and begins attacking the same by releasing chemicals that cause these allergic reactions. Also, an eye allergy may be a symptom or outcome of other conditions like asthma, hay fever, or even eczema.
- Symptoms: The eye usually bears a pink or red appearance when the patient is suffering from an eye allergy. Also, watery eyes are a common sight during this condition while scaling around the eyes may also take place. Further, itching and burning sensation may be felt by the patient and swelling or puffiness can be seen. The symptoms may afflict one or both eyes. The patient may also have a runny nose or stuffy nose as well as nasal congestion.
- Difference between Eye Allergy and Pink Eye: Conjunctivitis or pink eye is usually caused due to bacteria or a virus that spreads infection in the eye. But eye allergy is caused due to a response of the immune system that leads to an allergic reaction. While the pink eye may be a contagious condition, an eye allergy is not.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of an eye allergy will be done with the help of various tests conducted by an ophthalmologist. The skin prick test will help in introducing allergens to find out if the spot gets raised or suffers from inflammation. Also, the doctor will check for other ailments like asthma and eczema.
- Treatment: There are varied methods of treating this condition. To begin with, the doctor may prescribe medication like decongestants and antihistamines as well as steroids for more severe and persistent cases. Also, injections may be prescribed in order to do away with the allergic reaction and eye drops containing olopatadine hydrochloride may also be used.
- Home Remedies: Staying away from allergens and using a warm and clean washcloth over the eyes, for a few minutes every day, may help in relieving the painful symptoms of the condition.
Do not forget to consult your doctor before you try any natural or home based remedies.