Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Alokesh Ganguly
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Alokesh GangulyYour feedback matters!
I read that turmeric and other medication have an adverse affect - please advise how to ingest the medication for BP, Thyroid, heart, gout, joint pain along with vitamin tablets after taking turmeric with warm water.
If husband and wife both are suffering from Myopia (not since birth) then is there any chance that children born out of such marriages will suffer any optic ailment.
My three years old daughter have eye problem which may be squint or false squint........ I want to know about this issue , can you help me out of this?
I've a perfect vision. I can see clearly things written far on war. But still when I wake up n when I use fon I get really red eyes? What's the problem?
Dear Doctor, I'm having dry eye more than a year now and it's always seems something is touching inside the eye. I.e. Sand particles in the eyes like feeling and some burning sensation. Now the dry eye has accompanied mild but debilitating headache mostly on front head all day long. Only sleeping time I get little bit ease. As soon as wake up the problem starts. It is making me lot of nervousness and very difficult to perform day today tasks. I'm using Lacrigel at night time but it gives only temporary relief. Lots of brand of artificial tear drops used on the past but no avail. What could be the reason for dry eye and headache? Is there a better remedy and how can I over come this issue?
All of us agree that healthy habits are absolutely necessary for a high quality of life. It is another story that whether we put them into practice or not. These healthy habits have to be cultivated since childhood for keeping vital organs like eyes in a perfect condition. One's quality of life is closely linked to how well one see and one can take steps now to take care of one's eyes and preserve vision well into old age. Keep Your Eyesight Sharp and protect your eyesight with the five tips listed below-
- Maintain a balanced and healthy diet- It has been scientifically proven that some foods can boost eye health and delay age-related eye changes. One must include eye-boosting vitamins and minerals in diet, such as lutein and zeaxanthin, vitamin C, Vitamin E; zinc and omega-3 fatty acids to keep one's eyes in best shape. Broccoli, corn, squash, peppers, spinach and kale are the best source for zeaxanthin and lutein whereas citrus fruits, melons, tomatoes and broccoli are great source of Vitamin C. Vitamin E can be found in legumes, wheat germ, nuts and seeds while one can get zinc in found in whole grains, salmon are a great source of omega-3.
- Reduce Exposure in the sun - Sun's ultraviolet rays can increase the risk of developing cataracts, which is most common cause of age-related vision loss in adults. It is very essential to take precautions to shield one's eyes from the sun. One should wear UV protective eyewear or wide brimmed floppy hat for protection from sun.
- Quit Smoking- Smoking is not only bad for heart and lungs, it can also damage eyesight. Cigarette smokers are at greater risk of developing both macular degeneration and Glaucoma.
- Regular Exercise- Regular exercise keeps waistline trim and eyes sharp. Latest studies have shown that those who led an active lifestyle were seventy percent less likely to develop macular degeneration.
- Go for Annual Eye Examination- Regular examination of eyes can give a surprising number of clues about ones overall health. An ophthalmologist can detect a broad set of problems ranging from hypertension to diabetes by doing a thorough examination of ones eye.
One only have one pair of eyes, so it is absolutely necessary to take the proper steps to care for them. By nourishing one's body with the right foods, getting regular exercise and going in for regular eye exams, one can keep vision sharp at any age.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!