Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Alok SilYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor I have been a vocalist in my band till 20 years ago. Since then my voice has become hoarse and I no longer can sing the way I used to. What could be the prime reason and how do I get back my singing voice?
I'm having pain in throat and in between the chest ,I smoke daily 4 to 5 and I drink 4 times week, I'm having .once I had drunk whisky from that day I'm having this pain .I'm having doubt of it may be throat cancer pls help me with it.
Dr. please help me. My throat is paining a lot. Last night it was fine but when I woke up I n morning it is paining a lot. It has become reddish. Please consult me medicine. Please.
I get itching very often in my ears so I clean it with earbud but I am not able to get rid of it I don't have anything in my ears also they are clean.
Although nose bleeding is quite common during the cold months, they can occur in the summer months too. This is because, during the summer heat, your nose may tend to get excessively dry. The protective layer of mucus in the nasal cavity tends to dry up during the summer months, thus resulting in nose bleeding. The hot summers can also lead to allergies, which in result can cause it.
Although nose bleeding may be quite messy, it is nothing very serious and can be easily prevented or stopped. Here are a few home remedies that you can try if you are prone to nose bleeding during the summer season:
- Vinegar: Vinegar is easily available in any household and effectively stops nose bleeding. Just pour in some vinegar in a cotton ball or a piece of cloth and put it into your nose for some time.
- Ice: Ice also effectively helps with controlling nose bleeding. Just rub ice against your nose to reduce swelling in the blood vessels. The ice will also effectively numb the pain offering instant relief.
- Foods containing vitamin C: Ensure that during the summer months you take the right amount of Vitamin C into your diet. This is because Vitamin C helps in blood clotting, and will stop nose bleeding faster. Foods that are rich in vitamin C are guavas, kale, mustard, parsley, oranges, strawberries and lemons.
- Baking soda: Baking soda works wonders for nose bleeding. Just mix some amount of baking soda into water, and transfer the solution into a spray bottle. Spray your nose with the solution.
- Steam: Inhaling steam is a great way to prevent nose bleeding. When you take steam, it moistens the nasal cavity and prevents it from becoming dry, thus avoiding any bleeding.
- Right posture: Another way to quickly stop a nose bleeding is to elevate your head. Keep your head in that position until the bleeding stops and try not to bend, as it can just aggravate bleeding.
- Whole-wheat bread: Make whole-wheat bread as part of your daily diet during summer. It is said to contain Zinc, which protects the blood vessels in the body.
- Drink water: ?Also ensure that you keep yourself hydrated at all times during the hot summer months. Drink plenty of liquids like fruit juice and milkshake, to prevent your nose from drying out.
I have throat pain, and irritation in the throat. Could you suggest what should be done for this issue?
Taking medicines for a long time for coldStill not curedNose keeps runningEars gets blocked sometimesAnd there is alot of mucusFeels never endings it the beginning of sinusitis.
I am feeling very weak. My weight is also very less it is 45 kg. Many times feel giddiness. What should i do?
I am 20 year old female. I had sinus since my childhood (as I am suffering it when climate change or any change occurred in my body. Every day morning I am suffering from sneezes (continuously 10-15. How get rid of sinus?
I feel ear pain when I use my mobile in both ears and I am not a regular user of mobile at most I use for 30 mins a day even when I use earphones I feel pain.
I am suffering from 6 month ,running nose ,nose blockage, sneezing ,cough. What should i do to cure?
My friend is having bleeding from the nose and ears from few days. What is the reason for this? Is it dangerous? Please I need your help. Please tell me some home treatment for this.
Causes, symptoms and preventions for Nasal Allergy
Hello! I am doctor Sunil Agarwal, senior ENT Consultant at Paras Hospital Gurgaon. I did my MBBS in MS from a prestigious college of Delhi that is Maulana Azad Medical College. I was serving in Lok Nayak hospital till 2008, and after 2008 I started my private practice in Gurgaon. Today, I am going to discuss with you about nasal allergies and nasal polyps. Basically, I should explain to you about nose and sinus first. The cheek bones and the forehead bones are hollow bones, they have got air containing cavities which are known as sinuses. Normally there is mucous production in these sinuses which helps in normal humidification of air which we breathe through the nose.
Allergy or sensitivity is basically because of weather change, or can be because of certain food items, dust, pollution, strong smells etc. It can lead on to excess mucous production in the sinuses or sneezing. Nasal allergies can be controlled effectively by medications like antihistamines and intranasal steroids which are very effective and without any serious side effects. But if nasal allergy is uncontrolled or if it is recurrent or prolonged it can lead to swelling of the lining of the sinuses which ultimately can lead on to the formation of polyps.
Polyps are abnormal soft tissue masses in the nose and sinuses. Once the nasal polyps are developed the medical treatment is not that effective, in that case we need to go in for endoscopic surgeries which remove these polyps or soft tissue masses effectively. Nowadays with the advancement in technologies in the endoscopic procedures these things are without any serious complications, there is not too much of pain or bleeding and the recovery time is very fast. Even certain brain or neurosurgical procedures like pituitary glands are done through these intranasal endoscopic procedures.So one should not take these cold and allergies lightly and one should go to his ENT specialist to get these treated so that the production and development of polyps can be prevented and surgeries can be avoided.
In case of any further queries regarding nasal polyps, allergies, or cold, you can contact me through Lybrate or you can consult in my clinic at Gurgaon, sector 15.