Lybrate.com has top trusted Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons from across India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Facial Reconstruction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Treatment of Nose Job
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Accident Injuries Treatment
Anti Aging Treatment
Cheek Augmentation Procedures
Cleft Lip Treatment
Dimple Creation Procedure
Glycolic Peel Treatment
Cryotherapy/Cold Therapy Treatment
Electrocautery Therapy Treatment
Acne Scars Treatment
Skin inflammation caused due to overexposure to the harmful rays of the sun is known as sunburn. UVA and UVB are the ultraviolet rays that cause maximum damage to your skin. Overexposure to the sun triggers the development of melanin (color imparting pigment) on the upper layer of your skin or the epidermis, resulting in the formation of a tanned skin. Severe sunburn can damage your DNA also.
The most common symptoms of sunburn include:
- Your skin may appear reddish in color
- You may notice wrinkles
- On touching, your skin may feel hot
- Frequent itching sensation may make you feel irritated
- Blisters may pop out due to sunburn
- You may suffer from fever too and that may result in nausea
- Your blood pressure can also reduce which can make you feel week
- Your skin may be swollen
Some of the risk factors are mentioned below:
- Fair skinned people are more prone to sunburns.
- Working outdoors for prolonged hours can cause severe sunburn.
- Sunburn can hasten your process of aging.
- The blisters can result in infections.
- Sunburns can also result in the formation of skin lesions.
- Sunburn can sometimes lead to skin cancer.
Sunburn can be treated in the following ways:
- Bathing in cold water can give you some relief.
- Aloe Vera creams have cooling properties; applying aloe vera cream or gel on the affected areas can offer temporary relief.
- Sometimes, sunburn can make you feel dehydrated, so it is advised to drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.
- Anti-inflammatory medicines like aspirin can help you to treat skin inflammation.
- Home remedies like applying orange peel paste on the affected areas can help you to treat mild cases of sunburn. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.