Lybrate.com has top trusted Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons from across India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ajit Ghosh
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ajit GhoshYour feedback matters!
Sir, I have wheatish complexion. I want to get fair. What will I do? Pls sir suggest me. I will be vry thankful of urs sir. ☺
I'm suffering from hypertrophic scar .it is on my nose is there any solution for this. How to get rid of this.
Lybrate | Dr. Kalpesh kharva speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
I do get mouth ulcer due to that I am not able to eat and my skin is also getting dull. Please help.
How can I get rid of my marks and pimples on face, I had tried everything bt thats useless so. How can I get rid of that?
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 2 months but did not see any changes. What should I do.
Hello, sir mujhe hair fall ki problem h sar ke kaphi jhad chuke Kon sa serum use krna chahiye please byate.
I have a problem of hair fall since two months. I have tried all varieties of shampoos but the result is same. Please suggest me.
Appearances have always been important throughout the centuries and especially in this the 21st century, with all the technology and social media. The drive to look young has stimulated research and new medicine is making it possible for people to look younger and most of the time this is due to Botox. Botox treatments are ranked among the top in non-surgical cosmetic treatments as more than six million treatments are performing a year. However, there is more to Botox than most people know and below is information about what to expect from Botox treatments, its benefits and risks.
What is Botox?
Botox can be defined as a neurotoxin protein that is derived from a bacteria called Clostridium botulinum. This bacterium is an organism and is found in natural environments such assoil and lakes as well as in the intestinal tracts of fish and mammals.
What to expect?
Figuring out how Botox works is an important step towards understanding what it really is. Normally the Clostridium botulinum is harmless. However, at some point the spores transform into a state where it has cells that are vegetative leading to an increase in cell population. If this happens, the bacteria start producing botulinum which is a toxin. This toxin is so poisonous that a kilogram could wipe out the human population. However, the demand for Botox still remains high. The botulinum toxin is injected into a person in very small concentrations. This is done by diluting the bacteria powder in a saline solution and then injecting it into an individual’s neuromuscular tissue. Botox works by preventing nerve cell signals from reaching the muscles causing them to be paralyzed. This process of reducing abnormal muscle contraction makes the muscles less stiff.
The various benefits of Botox include:
- Non-surgical: Since Botox is administered using injections, the fears and hassles of undergoing a surgery are avoided.
- Excessive sweating: Botox injections can be used to address hyperhidrosis. Hyperhidrosis is generally characterized by increased sweating.
- Overactive bladders: In addition to treating wrinkles, Botox can also be utilized to address the condition of overactive bladder and urinary incontinence (involuntary and uncontrolled urination). Botox increases the volume of the bladder thereby reducing incontinence. Once an injection is administered, the overactive bladder will be cured gradually.
- Migraines: Botox injections, administered at regular intervals for around 12 weeks, can be used to address chronic migraines. It helps reduce headaches and additionally, reduces the chances of relapse. It is extremely beneficial for those who suffer from chronic headaches during one such migraine attack.
- Eyebrow: Your eyebrow may sag due to various factors, age being the primary contributor. Botox helps lift your drooping eyebrows; giving you a fresher and youthful look.
- Enlarged Prostate: Botox injections can have long term beneficial effects on men with enlarged prostates. Problems related to frequent urination and infections in the urinary tract can be addressed, while side effects, that accompany other medications, are avoided.
Like any drug there are risks and side effects to be considered. Most of the times this treatment is well tolerated with few side effects. However, there are cases though very rare in which the genetic predisposition of an individual cause a different response to the drug though still mild. Other effects may include mild pain, numbness, headache and mild nausea.
Pregnant or breastfeeding women and people prone to allergies are strongly advised to steer away from this drug and any other associated with it. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!