Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ajanta SinhaYour feedback matters!
When I was 6 years old one accident happen with me I which my both eyes vision has been gone please suggest me which doctor is suitable for my treatment.
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
I have weak eye sight. I started wearing specs at the age of 14. Now I am 17 and the number of left eye lens is -1.25 and that of right is -2.00. I want suggestions to improve eye sight.
There is a boil like on my right eyelid. It does not pain when I touch it. Sometimes it grows in size n sometimes it reduces. I do not know what to do. Please give me a solution. Eye problems r risky.
Hello doctor, I am a 20 years old student. After complete my daily college felt daily pain on my left eye and head. I am feeling depressed about that. Please help me.
I have eye itching after travelling for hours. And eye becomes red after sometime. Please give me a good advice.
I have pain in my head. I think my eye sight week and I can't see properly. So sir please give me right suggestions. Think you.
What can I do if I get my eyes too red during the months of December and January. Due to this I get more sneezing and cold. I suffered a lot by this. Please give me your suggestions.
Im having a red pale eyes for few days. And having painful day. I can not understand what should I do. Please help me out quick from this problem. For such act of kind of kindness ill be thankful to you sir.
I am 53 years old and for the last 15 days I have problem in eyes. At night bright light flashes in my right eye in dark and also I am experiencing muscle pain in my hand, back and sometimes on legs? I am not diabetic. Please suggest me something.
My nephew is 4 months old and water is coming out from his eyes 3 to 4 times a day without any reason. In this case what should we do?
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.