Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abu Swaleh
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Abu SwalehYour feedback matters!
I'm having nose congestion from few days. And now when I lean forward, there is very much headache. Maybe I have sinusitis. What should I do to relieve it?
I am having a problem in my ear fro the last 2 years. Doctors has stated that my tympanic membrane is all fine but I am still hearing not good in my left ear.What can be done?
I am 27 years old female I have recently bleeding in my right ear cause some stroke with ear buds. I want to know it is dangerous.
Hi. doctor ji please ask when I sleep and next morning wake up. My nose is blocked and my throat is not working properly.
Hi, I have a problem while I am sleeping. If I go to sleep snoring will comes loudly which disturb others. I tried all remedies available in internet. Is there any possibility to cure?
I visited a hill station 2 month back. There I felt dizziness (ghamer in head) and that continue till date. Please suggest some ayurvedic medicine or other.
What is Sore Throat?
A sore or dry throat is an unhealthy and painful scratchy feeling inside the throat which is coupled with pain while swallowing and can cause really bad irritation. A sore throat usually resolves on its own because it is a mild health problem.
Causes of Sore Throat-
A sore throat is caused by many important risk factors. Let us have a look at some of them:
- Viral infection: It is the most common cause of a sore throat and several viruses are present which can result in a sore throat of many intensities.
- Toxins like cigarettes, smoke or pollution can also lead to an acute sore throat because of the unhealthy chemicals present in these things.
- A bad injury or infection in the throat can lead to a chronic sore throat. Sometimes when people should loudly for long periods also result in a sore throat because the tissues burn away of tear apart.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease also causes a sore throat when the acid from the stomach retreats back to the esophageal tract.
- The development of cancer cells or tumor results in a sore throat and blocks the entire throat tract.
Treating a Sore Throat:
Sore throats are easily curable and sometimes they tend to go away on their own. Let us have a close look at the remedies:
- Gargling with warm salt-water will hell you to get rid of sore throat because saltwater helps to wash away the viruses and germs.
- Honey mixed in tea is an excellent detoxifier and helps your body and throat to get rid of the unnecessary foreign objects stuck in the tract.
- Consuming fenugreek also helps in killing the bacterias which are causing the sore throat.
- Chamomile tea is a proven relief during throat sores. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant abilities that help the throat to get relief and heal overtime.
- Drink warm water or liquids which will constantly keep the throat wet and warm leading to the decline of the bacterias present.
- Antibiotics can also be taken for 5-6 days if you think no other remedy is working in the right way. However, try not to give antibiotics to children of young age and stick to home remedies.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!