Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Psychologists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhilash
Treatment of Depression
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Fear
Treatment of Memory Loss
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of OCD
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Stress at Work
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Alcohol Withdrawal
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Treatment of Personality Disorder
Substance Addiction Management
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Submit a review for Dr. AbhilashYour feedback matters!
Aromatherapy involves the usage of essential plant oils in order to improve one's well-being and relieve stress. These oils are sometimes put in a diffuser and allowed to permeate the surrounding air. Stress management can be done using aromatherapy.
How Does Aromatherapy Work? Aromatherapy works by several methods such as aerial diffusion, topical application and inhalation. It can also be used rectally, vaginally or orally in case of infections and congestions. Use of natural essential oils is recommended as synthetic oils are not as effective as natural ones and the synthetic chemicals are harmful to the skin.
Holistic Aromatherapy: Having a massage where essential oils are used is known as holistic aromatherapy. The smell of the essential oil along with the oil getting absorbed by the skin or a tissue massage helps in relieving the worst muscle and joint pains or tension. Holistic aromatherapy is one of the most common ways of aromatherapy.
Along with stress relief, aromatherapy also helps in boosting the body's immunity. The immune system of the body is strengthened by stimulation of chemicals in the brain, which fight infections.
Indirect or Direct Inhalation: Indirect and direct inhalation are primary methods for application of essential oils. By inhaling the oils from a safe distance, our brain tends to slow down and ends up in a level of deep relaxation.
Stress causes a lot of serious health problems in our body and the inhalation modes of aromatherapy are excellent procedures to relax emotional turmoils that lead to extreme stress.
Aesthetic Aromatherapy: This method of aromatherapy involves the use of essential oils in diffusers, burners or in a bath. This popular method is availed by people of different ages. Bathing salts, bath beads and shower gels are made using essential oils, and they soothe the skin. The skin gets pampered and stress is relieved. Scented candles also contain essential oils and provide refreshment and relaxation.
Essential Oils: Essential oils are the main instruments of aromatherapy. These oils are extracted from plants using the methods of steam distillation, cold press and absolute.
The most popular essential oils which are used in aromatherapy for relieving stress are geranium, lavender, peppermint, chamomile, jasmine or lemon grass. Before using these oils, read the labels on the pack carefully to know about the natural ingredients, and they should always be diluted before using in jojoba, olive or coconut oil. The oils can also be applied to handkerchiefs, pillows and other objects.
Aromatherapy uses essential oils to give you great relief from stress. The benefits of aromatherapy are great, and the method is very simple and easy to follow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
How to stop someone who is regularly addicted to alcohol, because if that person is trying not to drink at some particular time he is trending towards taking alcohol. Now this has become a serious issue, by mind he is not willing to take it but by habit he is having it on a regular basis. Please suggest a way to get rid of this habit.
My daughter aged 15 years suffering from constipation. She does not take interest in breakfast. Her physical and mental development is not according age. Pls advice supplement as well as medicine.
Psychiatrist Three months back I am a very happy person but From the last three month I am getting a very short tempered person. I and my girl friend working in a same company from the last 3 years now she is ignoring me from the last some month and now my condition is my blood always burning . Please help in getting normal.
- Give yourself time after the breakup. Don't rush into being friends with your ex. There might be negative feelings left from your relationship and that doesn't build a good foundation for a friendship. Only start seeing each other as friends if you know there are no bad feelings left.
- Don't be pushy. If your ex is clear about not wanting a friendship, respect their space.
- Know your motives. Why do you want to be friends with this person? is it because you are trying to woo them back into your life as a partner or because you genuinely treasure them as friends?
- Take one step at a time. To fit into your ex's life as a friend after having been in an intimate relationship is challenging. So start off gently. Start by calling each other on birthdays, sending emails, text messages etc. Call off meeting each other until you think the awkward phase has passed.
- Don't discuss sexual or romantic topics in the beginning. If you're dating someone or have a crush on someone, don't discuss it with your ex. You can be honest with them about your love life but spare them the details.
- Share your new relationship status with a good friend. It's always good to let a trusted friend in on how you're dealing with a new friendship.
- Avoid flirting or a physical relationship with your ex. This can be dangerous because before you know it, you might end up in a situation which leaves you both confused and unhappy. Remind yourself of all the reasons that led to the breakup.
Sir mera mind bahut disturb rahta hai mujhe bahut hi choti choti soch vichar aati hai logo se jalan hoti hai confidence low feel karta hu and sar me jakdan rahti hai kya karu.
1. Earlier interests slides down
2. Feeling nervousness
3. Sleeping too much
4. Feeling of fatigue and lack of energy
5. Significant increase or decrease in body weight
6. Feeling less hunger
7. Difficulty in concentration and focussing
8. Weeping in matter of minutes on anything and suicidal tendency
Causes: Excessive feeling of sorrows and woes, feeling lonely and forlorn frustration not able to move on as per the daily routine chores
1. Be busy and cheerful engage in activities for instance read novel books listen to music indulge in any sports activities
2. Keep away from darkness never be in the dark when depressed
3. Take a balanced diet to keep body and mind fit
4. Increasing healthy friendly circles