Lybrate.com has top trusted Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists from across India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Abhik GhoshYour feedback matters!
My throat starts to heat during dinner tym at around 7 pm 8 pm everyday my diet is less though . I just take 2 chappatis in breakfast nd rice wid dal n 1 chappati but my throat starts heating badly so I just take roasted cumin whenever it happens but this is a major issue I dnt even take outside junk food once in a while it happens .nd I regularly its been 3 years take lukewarm water with squeezed lemon n honey early morning but still this problem help me please.
I face very severe allergic symptoms whenever there is change in season which affect my sinuses, stomach, joints and my mind also. I am taking anti-allergic allegra M as told by the doctor daily for a long time now but the symptoms are still there and are very unpredictable. I have genetically acquired this allergic tendency as told to me by my doctor. My grandmother has a similar problem and it never got cured. Is there a possible cure to this problem? Please help me as it is affecting my normal life.
I feel hungry and giddiness all the time do not know why? My blood sugar report is normal. Still I am feeling like this? Help.
Hello, I am 24 years old, I have chronic cough from past few years. I have got my medical check up done in 2011, which shows that I am suffering from sinusitis. However, these days I get the chronic Cough attack every now and then. And I have to take an Antiallergy (Ketasma) pills to control. Please help me with this.
Hi i am Suffering from snoring. Had sleep test but Dr. Advise me CPAP machine. Do you have any other Advice to cure this problem?
I am 41, experiencing severe cough. My throat and chest become sore. I've bought over the counter medicines but do not get relieve since last night. Please give some advice.
Hello Doc Greetings! Sir/Madam, I cannot swallow stiff and dry food, It gets stuck in my food pipe, I have to take a gulp of water twice or thrice during the meal to push it through. Once in a while the water kicks back along with the food. I try chewing my food properly before swallowing. Please help me.
My husband has lot of pain in left ear since 3 days. It seems that there is some infection. Please help in getting him cured.
Rhinitis is an irritable medical condition where the mucous lining of a person's nose swells up. The term is more of a category and less of a definitive way to describe something specific. Rhinitis involves a host of other conditions that affect the mucous membranes of your nose. If you were not aware, common cold is also a kind of rhinitis. Rhinitis can cause acute touchiness in the inner lining of the nose leading to continuous discharges from one's nose. It can also lead to clogging of your nose or inflammation of the internal tissues.
Rhinitis can be divided under two main types; allergic and non- allergic rhinitis. Allergic rhinitis, popularly known as hay fever is caused due to contact with allergens that are usually undamaging. However, in case of non- allergic rhinitis the symptoms take after that of the allergic type but no particular causal factor can be identified.
Factors that can increase your propensity to suffer from rhinitis of any kind are:
- Pollen from flowers
- Inhaling certain substances can be harmful; smell of certain chemicals is bad too.
- Both active as well as passive smoking can be detrimental
- High levels of air pollution contributes to the risk
- Weather conditions affect your health; a windy yet humid weather can aggravate rhinitis.
Common symptoms of rhinitis can be listed as below:
- A person suffering from this condition might catch a cold all of a sudden.
- People, usually little children, might even face high fevers.
- Your nose tends to be runny. After the infection subsides, chances of a thick, sticky discharge are more.
- Exhaustion is also felt in combination with headaches and teary eyes.
- The nature of your nasal discharge tells the doctor if you are suffering from an allergy or from a viral infection.
A few preventive measures to aid you against rhinitis:
- Rhinitis can be communicable and in most cases it is so. Therefore a person should not share his or her utensils and other personal things such as towels or handkerchiefs with any other person.
- One should not be in close proximity of another infected person.
- Hands are the most common sources of infection. One must wash his or her unclean hands before touching the face.