Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhijit Sarbadhikari
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijit SarbadhikariYour feedback matters!
I am 50 years old staying alone at home. Whenever at home on weekends or holidays I end up eating continuously resulting in weight gain. This also causes swelling in both knees and ankle. However, after rest swelling reduces but pain in both the knees continues.
For last 6 months, I'm suffering with neck stiffness which worsen while doing work over computer. Besides there is feeling of sharp pain in left knee especially when I move upward on stairs.
I have developed spur at the ankle bone which is paining me while I am walking. I came to know this when I took the Xray. I am given to wear an anklet but it pains me when I bend my leg. Can you suggest a remedy. than.
My friend is 21 years old female with a 2 years old child. Recently she is diagnosed with astrocytoma grade tumor in her spinal cord. Her left leg has become numb, almost paralyzed. Please suggest the best treatment for her.
Sir, I am suffering in knee pain and my MRI reports says that 1. Grade lll tear in posterior horn of medial meniscus. 2. Grade ll tear in posterior horn and body of lateral meniscus. 3. Mild left synovial effusion. Sir I want to know, in this case surgery is necessary or cure with medicine s or Ayurveda treatment? Any bone is broken or displacement of veins?
While I am getting knee pain some sound I am getting while walking or stretching. Is ther any knee cup or so to shift load below knee to avoid pain.
I was get an accident and my thumb was broken. Itz was a minor broken. I have wear thumb supporter since frm last 25 days now swelling n all gone but my thumb still hurts when I hold light heavy things or hold something. Y so? Is their any better treatment for me. N how long should I have to wear thumb supporter when it wil gt alright please hlp me.
I am a 45 year old woman and suddenly developed pain in my left shoulder and left arm while sleeping leading to numbness in left hand index finger. Mri report says degenerative cervical spondylitis. I am getting physiotherapy done from a highly qualified person but pain still persists. I work online from home and have to put in 6-8 hours every day. Should I start working, hope this does not aggravate.
If you are looking for natural remedies for arthritis, you should opt for Ayurvedic treatment. Arthritis is a chronic, systemic inflammatory disease causing damage to your joints and connective tissues. The knee gets commonly affected. There are three primary types of arthritis, which occur in your knees. Ayurveda is ideal for arthritis treatment, and there are several Ayurvedic remedies that you can opt for.
How Does Ayurveda Approach Arthritis?
Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis is based on the understanding of the various doshas or humors of the body. According to Ayurveda, there are four main humors in the body and it is these that govern our health, wellness and our proneness to disease. Arthritis, as per Ayurveda, is a condition caused due to the aggravation of vata dosha (air). The body produces ama – a toxin that is released as a by product of improper digestion. When ama is produced, it circulates in the body and gets deposited at sites that have already weakened. So when the vata is already stirring up, ama finds the perfect place to build up. That is why you experience arthritis in fingers or knees. For most people, arthritis in the knee is more painful than in the fingers because knees are load bearing joints. If you have arthritis in your knees, you will have trouble moving and the range of motion in your joints will be severely restricted. You may have to depend on people or walking aids to make even the smallest of movements.
Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis aims at balancing and stabilising the Vata component of your body. This is done by strengthening your alimentary canal and metabolic pathway. This makes sure that your circulatory channels do not get blocked by impurities, and are functioning properly. You need to drink a lot of water in order to detoxify your body. There are several Ayurvedic home remedies for arthritis treatment as well, which help in improving your motion range.
- You should start your day with a big glass of lukewarm lemon water every day.
- You should opt for fenugreek which is an ideal natural inhibitor of ama and corrects your Vata dosha. This natural arthritis remedy can be taken in various ways. You can take these seeds in your food. You can also grind them, mix mustard oil to it, and apply the mixture to your joints. This provides warmth and relief to your joints.
- You can opt for an Ayurvedic hot oil massage of your joints. This is effective, especially during the winter. You can use castor oil, and sesame seed oil for massaging your arthritis affected joints. Do not apply pressure while massaging your joints as applying pressure goes against the principles of Ayurveda.
- It is recommended for you to meditate regularly for relieving stress and coping with anxiety. These factors are responsible for the development of ama in your body. Regular meditation makes your body relaxed and calm. You should practice yoga as it involves several breathing exercises which help in initiating you into meditation. Having effective control over your breath, your meditation will be more effective.
- It is important for you to sleep early and wake up early. The disruption of your sleep cycle causes aggravation of all your doshas and causes stress and fear. A healthy sleep cycle helps you in keeping away from obesity. This improves the health of your load bearing joints, as the chances of them getting extra load because of obesity are prevented.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!