Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhijit Ghosh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijit GhoshYour feedback matters!
I am 24year old female I want to ask that is garcia cambogia is safe for unmarried girls? By consuming the tablets of GC, will it create any effect in future while conceiving or any other thing. Is it really effective for weight loss as shown in advertisement or not? Kindly reply with your feedback.
My girlfriend missed the date in October and when tested she came positive and we opted fir medical abortion. So she took meso and mefo as directed by doctor and had bleeding as aspected. It was 8 November when she bleed and mefo as directed by doctor and had bleeding as aspected. It was 8 November when she bleeded. But now after one month its 9 December, she doesn't git periods yet. I am very worried, Is there still chances of pregnancy?
Is there more chances of become pregnant if unsafe sex is done after one Month of childbirth (post pregnancy).
The key to good bone health are calcium and vitamin D, both of which are stored in the bones. Along with strengthening of bones, calcium has been recently shown to play a major role in weight loss as well. Calcium is one of the essential minerals that are required for several important life processes. The deficiency of calcium can cause complications such as brittle and fragile bones that are more susceptible to fractures and diseases. Hence it is essential to consume a certain amount of food that is rich in calcium everyday for good health. Adults need about 1,000 milligrams a day—that's a little more than three 8-ounce glasses of milk—but what if you're vegan, lactose intolerant, or just don't like the taste of dairy products?
Here's a little-known fact: there are lots of non-dairy foods with calcium. Here are 10 of them:
- Broccoli (Calcium content: 47 milligrams in 100 gms) - Believe it or not, in addition to calcium this cruciferous veggie contains nearly twice the vitamin C of an orange. Research also shows that diets high in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli may be linked to a lower risk of certain types of cancer, including colon and bladder cancer.
- Kale (Calcium content: 150 milligrams in 100 gms) - This superfood has it all: it racks up just 30 calories per serving, provides a day's worth of vitamin C, and twice the recommended daily intake of vitamin A, not to mention that 101 milligrams of calcium per serving. It also provides a hefty dose of vitamin K, a nutrient that helps your blood clot. Without it, you wouldn't stop bleeding when you cut or bruise yourself.
- Figs (Calcium content: 26 milligrams in 100 gms) - Bite into a dried fig, and you'll think you're indulging in a super-sweet and sticky dessert, when in fact you're chowing down on a fiber- and potassium-packed fruit. Figs also supply you with magnesium, a nutrient the body uses in more than 300 biomechanical reactions, such as maintaining muscle function, keeping your heart rhythm steady, and strengthening your bones.
- Oranges (Calcium content: 40 milligrams in 100 gms) - You know oranges for their immune-boosting vitamin C content, but they're also low in calories and brimming with antioxidants.
- Beans (Calcium content: 442 milligrams in 100 gms) - These meaty little guys are rich in fiber, protein, and iron, and they're also one of the best nutritional sources of potassium. Additionally, they contain resistant starch, a healthy carb that boosts metabolism.
- Okra (Calcium content: 82 milligrams in 100 gms) - Okra contains constipation-fighting insoluble fiber, as well as vitamin B6 and folate. And don't write off this veggie if you've only ever had a boiled, slimy version; oven-roasting, sautéing, or grilling bring out the best flavor.
- Tofu (Calcium content: 350 milligrams in 100 gms) - You know tofu as a vegetarian source of protein. Turns out it's also a great source of calcium. Tofu is incredibly versatile—it takes on the flavor of whatever else you're cooking with it.
- Almonds (Calcium content: 264 milligrams in 100 gms) - Almonds, which are among the best nuts for your health, contain about 12% of your necessary daily protein, and are rich in vitamin E and potassium. And although they are fattening, it's the good kind of fat that helps lower your bad cholesterol levels as long as you enjoy them in moderation.
- Drumsticks (Calcium content: 185 milligrams in 100 gms) - The green vegetable features large quantities of iron, Vitamins as well as calcium. Drumsticks are recognized to offer healthy and strong bones and are also believed to purify the blood. Drumstick leaves particularly are said to be the blood purifier. For better outcomes have smashed drumstick leaves along with milk.
- Cluster Beans (Calcium content: 130 milligrams in 100 gms) - Cluster beans contain calcium, a mineral, which helps in strengthening the bones and thus, prevent bone loss. The presence of phosphorus in this vegetable aids in fortifying the bones and enhances your bone health.