Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijit ChatterjeeYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years men unmarried, My penis is bending left side, what is the reason, with that half side being penis perfect for sex or not.
Pain during or after sexual intercourse is known as dyspareunia. Although this problem can affect men, it is more common in women. Women with dyspareunia may have pain in the vagina, clitoris or labia. There are numerous causes of dyspareunia, many of which are treatable.
Common causes include the following:
- Vaginal dryness
- Atrophic vaginitis, a common condition causing thinning of the vaginal lining in postmenopausal women
- Side effects of drugs such as antihistamines and tamoxifen (Nolvadex and other brands)
- An allergic reaction to clothing, spermicides or douches
- Endometriosis, an often painful condition in which tissue from the uterine lining migrates and grows abnormally inside the pelvis
- Inflammation of the area surrounding the vaginal opening, called vulvar vestibulitis
- Skin diseases, such as lichen planus and lichen sclerosus, affecting the vaginal area
- Urinary tract infections, vaginal yeast infections, or sexually transmitted diseases
- Psychological trauma, often stemming from a past history of sexual abuse or trauma.
Symptoms of Dyspareunia:
Women with dyspareunia may feel superficial pain at the entrance of the vagina or deeper pain during penetration or thrusting of the penis. Some women also may experience severe tightening of the vaginal muscles during penetration, a condition called vaginismus.
Your health practitioner will check for the following things
- If there was ever a time you had painless intercourse or if you have always had dyspareunia
- If you have enough natural lubrication and if your symptoms improve when you use commercially available lubricants
- About your sexual history (to help assess your risk for sexually transmitted infections)
- If you have ever been sexually abused or had a traumatic injury involving your genitals.
- Lubrication with an over-the-counter lubricant such as K-Y jelly.
- Antifungal medication(if you have any kind of fungal infection)
- Sitz baths for removing the inflammation
- For skin diseases affecting the vaginal area, lichen sclerosus and lichen planus often improve with steroid creams.
- Therapies include topical estrogen cream, low-dose pain medications, and physical therapy with biofeedback to lower the muscle tension in the pelvic floor
- Surgeries can also be prescribed for abnormal growths
For dyspareunia that has no apparent physical cause or has lasted for months or years, you may need psychological counseling to address stress or anxiety regarding sexual intercourse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
A very uncommon and rare condition, which can occur in case a person is diabetic or has undergone a surgery, a medical disorder known as retrograde ejaculation. It is a condition in which semen enters the bladder rather than going out of the penis after orgasm. This causes a problem as very little or no semen is ejaculated.
That is why this is sometimes also called as 'Dry orgasm'. The only treatment for retrograde ejaculation is to make the male fertile again because retrograde ejaculation is not particularly harmful to the individual. It has the following symptoms:
There are only three main symptoms associated with retrograde ejaculation.
- Dry orgasms
- Urine that is cloudy immediately after an orgasm
- Male infertility
The possible causes of retrograde ejaculation are:
- Surgery such as prostate surgery
- Certain medications which cause side effects. These medications are usually administered for high blood pressure, prostate enlargement and mood disorders.
- Nerve damage
It is worth noting that Dry orgasms have other causes as well, which includes:
- Prostatectomy, which is the removal of the prostate by surgery
- Cystectomy, which is the removal of the bladder by surgery
- Radiation therapy, which is especially used to treat cancer in the pelvic area
Here is how retrograde ejaculation may get more complications
There are only two main complications which occur due to retrograde ejaculation. These include:
- Male infertility
- Worries about retrograde ejaculation which may lead to less pleasurable orgasms
Treatment for retrograde ejaculation.
It is worth noting that certain medications, which are used to treat retrograde ejaculation can lead to serious complications and others may lead to a higher heart rate and blood pressure.
Medications which are usually used:
- Imipramine which is also called Tofranil
- Chlorpheniramine and Brompheniramine
- Ephedrine, Pseudoephedrine and Phenylephrine
It is also worth noting that the treatment for male infertility is different and more advanced.
Related Tip: "Stress and Premature Ejaculation"
On my lower lip inside there is a small obsess for the last two years.I consult a surgeon on this matter,he suggests me for surgery with out any test except CT BT test.Is there any risk without other tests? Please guide me properly.My age is 46 years and neither I am a smoker nor alcoholic?
Hi, I have erectile dysfunction problem pre-ejaculation problem, i. E before having sex semen is coming out, please advice me sir, and can I use vaccum therapy from shakti vardhan for this problem and please give me solution doctor sir, please.
I have cold allergy . A little change in temperature cause me cold So tell me how can I get improve this problem.
I'm work for 12 hours But when I go to sleep, I'm not able to sleep! I'm getting dreams of sex, Please advise.
Hy. When I workout after I fell much pain in my all parts of body. What I do to relief it form pain.
How I can clean my lungs. M a smoker and trying to avoid it. But its not working. Please anyone help me.
My brother is 25 year old. He is having psoriasis for last 2 years, having very control diet. Before he had homeopathy treatment it was cured but again it. So please help for a permanent solution.
I am IT professional working in air conditioned environment, as I drink more water daily frequently I get urination. If I drink minimal amount of water, I get dehydrated and head starts paining? Is any problem with body?
I am going to get married on April 2nd. I am 30 years old guy. From my maturity period, since I know, my foreskin does not retract, 3.5 inches long while erect. Can I have a good sex with my partner. What about the pleasure for me. Is this normal for some people. Can I make my wife pregnant because of this problem. Is this a major problem.
STROKE- Popularly known as "Brain Attack". It occurs due to sudden impairment of blood supply to a part of brain leading to acute neurological insult.
Stroke is an emergency. Know the signs of a stroke and Remember FAST.
F- Face Drooping - Ask the person to smile. See for any deviation/asymmetry of mouth. If YES..
A - Arm Weakness Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward? If YES..
S- Speech Difficulty Ask the person to speak, look for any slurring of speech. If YES..
T- Time is money , Call Ambulance/Rush to the hospital.
Other signs/ symptoms -
Sudden onset of numbness or weakness of the leg / arm.
Sudden confusion/ trouble seeing in one or both eyes, trouble walking, Chakker, loss of balance, severe headache / Loss of speech.
Be Aware, This can be STROKE.
Act FAST, Save LIFE and disability. Up to 80% of strokes are preventable