Lybrate.com has top trusted Pathologists from across India. You will find Pathologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijit BanerjeeYour feedback matters!
I have body pain always and my knees pain a lot, especially when I climb stairs. I am overweight. exercise worsens my pain so I have taken a break from my gym for a while Really don't know what to do. Could you please help.
I want to ask. My wife needs a remedy for pain in calf muscle in the legs. Body pain. Back pain. It pains a lot in nights. And specially before periods. What should she do?
I am suffering from severe head ache and body pains since three days why it is happening like this pls suggest me quickly.
I am having severe pain on my right calf and the pain continues to go right up to my buttocks, please give me some remedy ?
How can I get off from my body pain and what can make me easy to have my abs a proper diet diet plan.
I am suffering from fever last two days my eyes are also being red and paining my body badly so please help me.
Diagnose root cause of your pain at an early stage because improperly diagnose & treated pain can create lot of problems in future.
What you must know about body ache
Affecting your entire body, body ache is usually an indicator of a condition that requires your attention for the pain to stop or a reaction of your body's immune system to an infection. Understanding the symptoms and the cause of the pain is the first step towards getting the right treatment for your problem.
The causes of body ache can be any one of these:
- an increase in your body's lactic acid as a result of overused muscles (that you normally experience when you perform strenuous exercises) leads to body aches that are not severe but temporary in nature.
- temporary body aches can also occur if you suffer from flu caused by the influenza virus and other medical conditions like fever and viral infections, among others.
- a cause of body aches can be the presence of a serious condition such as Lyme disease or pneumonia that brings about major infection affecting your entire body.
- inflammation of body cells or damage to your body's nervous system in the form of chronic ailments like autoimmune diseases and psychiatric problems can also cause pains and aches to develop all over the body.
What can you do to manage it?
There are simple ways that you can employ to relieve your body aches based on the root cause and these are:
- if the cause of your body ache is the flu, the best way to alleviate your condition is to take a hot bath. The hot water works by eliminating the body pains you may be suffering from. Even a gentle massage can soothe the ache affecting your entire body.
- for body aches that are caused due to overused muscle, you need to apply ice packs for 2-3 weeks on the affected area to bring down the inflammation. Even the application of a heating pad can help in relieving body aches brought on by muscle soreness.
- shoulder and neck pains can be easily prevented by performing simple exercises from time to time such as shoulder shrugs or head turns. Also, the practice of using wrist and forearm rests can reduce your chances of getting shoulder and neck aches.
- reducing your stress levels can also help in effectively lowering the instances of body ache. From sleeping on time to meditating for about 20 minutes a day can help in lowering stress.
In case, you do not get relief from any of the suggested ways, you need to consult a qualified doctor who will guide you on the right treatment course.
Treatment may Include the following:
1. Shoulder exercises: Regular, gentle exercise can help to keep the shoulder joint mobile. If your shoulder is very stiff, exercise may hurt, and it should only be carried out with the guidance of your doctor or physiotherapist. If you are able to, continue using your shoulder as normal saving' the shoulder can cause the muscle to waste and may make stiffness worse.
2. Painkillers: Over-the-counter painkillers such as paracetamol or prescription-only drugs such as codeine may be taken to ease pain and you should discuss this with your general physician or pharmacist.
3. Anti-inflammatory painkillers: Such as ibuprofen and diclofenac, are often prescribed to ease pain and inflammation. Any medication that you take should be discussed with your general physician or pharmacist.
4. Steroid injections into or near the shoulder joint may be effective at relieving pain and inflammation for a few weeks. However, injections are not a cure, and symptoms may return.