Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abha Saraf
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Abha SarafYour feedback matters!
I am continuously gaining weight from last year plus my dates are improper. I have my period only for 2 days and the bleeding is very less. I was 60/62 last year but now it has reached upto 69.
I am 42. My period is normally 6 days long with bleeding 5 days. It started 4 June. But today it looks brown on pad but I still see blood on tissue. Why is that. Should I be worried. Would a lump I. Breast cause this. Is what I am experiencing called spotting. Really worried.
Hello, i am 23 years old and i am an house wife, I am unable run even for 5 minutes, some times I have body pains too.
As the mood and the weather goes, the only things we want to eat during the monsoons are hot and crunchy. However, immunity is at its lowest for all of us during this season, hence it is important that we also include in our diet, foods that are good for our health. Few fruits that are must haves during monsoons are:
1) Peaches - Peaches have vitamin c, which helps boost immunity and protects the skin against the humid weather. It also helps in weight loss.
2) Jamun - A monsoon fruit, jamun is not only low in calorie but is also full of iron, potassium, vitamins and folate, all of which are beneficial for the health, especially in this season.
3) Litchis - Rich in vitamin c, litchis help boost the body's resistance as well as immunity. Packed with anti-oxidants, litchis also assist weight loss.
4) Plums - Monsoon is that time for the year when almost everyone is seen to be falling sick. Plums help boost the body's immunity and protect it from seasonal diseases like cold and flu.
5) Cherries - Cherries help fight infections and the anti-oxidants present help soothe and relax the brain.
6) Pomegranates - This fruit is ideal for monsoons as its full of nutrients which assist in building and improving the immunity.
7) Apples - Apples are an all season fruits and should never be excluded from one's diet. As the saying goes'an apple a day keeps the doctor away, a few slices of an apples are good to keep you away from seasonal illnesses.
8) Bananas - Rich in minerals and vitamins, bananas help ease the process of digestion.
9) Pears - Our bodies need a lot of vitamins to fight infections which we might catch during the monsoons. Pears help us with this.
10) Papayas - Rich in vitamin c, papayas help improve the immunity and fight against illnesses. Having high fiber content, they also assist in proper digestion.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
From which day we feel the pregency symptoms. After the sex and before the period come. Between this period can I feel any symptoms ?
Doing everything right can still make you gain weight. Irrespective of your diligent efforts, that paunch comes in the way of your crunches. Reviewing your exercise routine, diet and overall lifestyle may have no effect on the extra kilos. The reaction to such stagnation could be as many as the conspiring causes. Backpedaling into an unhealthy way of life is what cowards choose to do. The ideal way of approaching the problem is to find out the specific factors leading to excess weight.
These few factors can make you gain weight:
1. Sleep deprivation results in significant bloating: You may not be aware, but a full night’s sleep is indeed necessary. When a person rests, the human body carries on with repair work. Sleep helps your body to get rid of excess adipose tissues. A person who has not slept for two to three days at a stretch or has only slept insufficiently is likely to look fatter or bloated.
2. Being perpetually depressed could be the curse: Depression can lead to extreme ends; you may either gain a lot of weight or may even lose weight drastically. If your depression is at an advanced stage a medical practitioner will prescribe you with antidepressants. Antidepressants tend to fatten you up.
3. An irritable or slow bowel syndrome can prove to be adverse: If you suffer from problems related to the bowel your tummy might show. A patient of irritable or slow bowel syndrome feels bloated throughout the day. Since they face digestive problems, their bellies protrude.
4. The gray streaks of hair could be a reason: Gaining weight could also be the result of your age. If you are above thirty-five your metabolism decreases; this results in slower breakdown of food. Exercising can help, but it usually shows meager results once you have attained forty.
5. Nutrient deficiency should not be taken lightly: Being deficient in certain nutrients can also make you overweight. Vitamin C, folic acid and potassium are some of the nutrients that actively contribute to a person’s body weight. A lack of these nutrients can make you fat.
6. Edema could be the underlying cause: Edema refers to a condition where a person’s body retains water. Certain parts and joints become swollen. There are medications that can help push excess water out of the body through frequent urination. If not taken care of, edema could be the reason behind weight gain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a medical procedure that side-steps the sexual act of conceiving and helps infertile couples, conceive a biological child. It involves the manual process of fertilization by combining an egg and sperm in the laboratory and then implanting the embryo into the female to impregnate her.
A number of factors play an important role in the success of the procedure and some of them are:
- Lifestyle habits: Certain lifestyle factors can significantly affect your prospects of getting pregnant through this route. Smoking can reduce your prospect of success using this procedure by about 50%. It can cause you to have lesser number of eggs retrieved during the procedure while increasing instances of miscarriages. Likewise, obesity, alcohol use, consumption of excessive caffeine and drugs can adversely affect your chances of getting pregnant using IVF.
- Embryo status: Embryos that are better developed with good grade stand a higher chance of experiencing success than less developed embryos. More importantly, not every embryo is able to survive the development process.
- The age at which you get pregnant: A factor that plays a role in influencing your chances of experiencing success in your IVF procedure is the age at which you opt for this procedure. The lower your age, the chances that you may get pregnant and deliver a healthy child using your own eggs witness an increase. On the other hand, if you're aged 41 and above, or your egg reserve is very low donor eggs are the most preferred option as they help to increase your prospects of meeting a success.
- Cause of Infertility: If your supply of eggs is normal, success rate using IVF is high. Women who suffer from the problem of endometriosis experience lesser chances of getting pregnant than women who have unexplained fertility.
- Reproductive history: IVF success rate chances are higher if you've delivered a baby previously using IVF. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Diwali exposes you to fire, smoke, heavy doses of artery-clogging fats, sugar quantities much, much higher than your daily recommended intake. If you drink, there's the 5 days of fighting hangover with even more alcohol.
This dangerous traditional recipe can be overcome.
Pay attention to the following health tips - these are the bare minimum you need to stay fit, happy and healthy enough to party into the new year.
Burning up the air
Respiratory ailments are going to see a jump in city folk. These include allergies, asthma and pollution, caused not only by firecrackers but the number of people driving around delivering diwali goodies. Asthma patients should avoid firecrackers - especially those that emanate smoke. If you have to, organize a aerial-firecracker display early in the evening (9-ish), before the air gets clogged with sulfurous smoke. Keep your inhaler and asthma medication nearby before and after diwali.
Practicing mithai safety
More than avoiding binging on the mithai, the increase in food adulteration around diwali is what will hurt your health more. There is reportedly an increase in misbranded, substandard and unsafe sweets during diwali.
To keep yourself safe, remember to check the manufacturing and expiry dates, along with license number of packed products, and always get a bill against your purchase. Kaju and besan sweets are the safest - they have the least chances of adulteration. Avoid'chhena' and'khoya' sweets, along with sweets and milk products from roadside shops.
Diwali, snacking and weight gain
A sudden shock to both normal meals and regular sleep patterns comes from late night parties binge-eating'tanking' up on alcohol and lack of exercise. Instead, undertake a military-like mindset towards practicing moderation, especially towards friers food, alcohol. Replace oily snacks with a combination of fresh fruits, curd dips, raw salads, roasted food items and nuts like almonds and pistachios.
And, since being a monk during diwali is socially frowned upon, the drinking and eating out needs to be balanced with a post-diwali detox. This requires a change in diet, as will as ayurvedic massages and steam bath to leach out toxins. Replace carbohydrates and proteins with fibre and vitamins in your diet, and take more water.