Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Abha SarafYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. My age is 40 and wife 38 age. 4 years completed for our marriage. She has low amh level. We are trying for natural conceive from last year. I did semen test is 40m and other test are reports are normal for both. Is it possible to natural conceive or any medicine and suggestion for this. Or any test remaining for us to get result for natural conceived. I do not want to do ivf but if not possible I will go for this. Pls suggest how to get natural conceive with any medicine. Should I do the fallopian test for my wife. Pls help.
I am 24 years old female. Today my fertile day like my egg ovulated today. I made a sex with my husband. He made an ejaculation. It is possible for pregnancy? Please help me.
Curd rice or dahi chawal may have originated as a south Indian dish but in the summer every north Indian swears by it as well. It is also the go-to meal for anyone suffering from an upset stomach. One of the biggest advantages this dish has over others is that it is extremely easy to make.
Before we get to the recipe however, let's have a look at 5 common health benefits of curd rice:
- It aids digestion: Curd rice is the best home remedy for an upset stomach because it is easy to digest and works against bloating and indigestion. The curd in curd rice is also rich in probiotics that promotes the growth of healthy gut bacteria thus relieving constipation and abdominal pain triggered by it.
- It cools the body: Curd rice should ideally always be eaten cold. Curd is a natural fire extinguisher that cools the body and helps maintain internal body temperature. Thus if you're feeling feverish or if it's simply a very hot day, try some curd rice.
- It can act as a stress buster: Curd contains probiotics, antioxidants and good fats. This helps the brain deal with pain and emotions like stress. This makes curd rice not only a tasty dish but also a stress busting one.
- It aids weight loss: A bowl of curd rice can fill your stomach and keep you from snacking. It also has negligible calories when compared to the same amount of fried rice or pulao. This makes curd rice a good meal to indulge in when you're attempting to lose weight.
- It boosts immunity: Being easy to digest is only one of the reasons curd rice is the best food to eat when ill. Curd is rich in antioxidants that give the body power to fight infections. It also gives the body much needed energy when ill.
Now that you have enough reasons to eat some curd rice, here's an easy recipe.
- 1/2bowl of curd
- 1 bowl rice
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp black gram
- 4-5 curry leaves
- Coriander leaves and salt to taste
Mix the curd and rice in a bowl. Heat the oil in a pan and lightly fry the cumin seeds, black gram and curry leaves. Add this to the curd-rice mixture and season with salt. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Did you know your earphones are making you deaf? Here's how.
Fact: Roughly 1.1 billion people worldwide within the age group of 12-35 have been found to be at an increased risk of developing hearing problems.
Listening to loud music on handheld devices using earphones has become a common trend among youngsters these days. You might find it very relaxing to plug in your earphones and escape into your own world of music, but you need to know that this can cause serious damage to your ears. The worst part: you won't realise your ears are being damaged until it's too late.
So, exactly how is loud music damaging your ears?
Continuous exposure to loud music from earphones or other sources results in a medical condition known as Noise-Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL), which can be associated with irreversible damage to the ears resulting in deafness.
When you hear loud music for a considerable amount of time every day it affects your hair cells (nerve cells responsible for sending sound signals to the brain) negatively, so that their ability to respond to sound decreases. If this keeps on happening for many months, eventually the hair cells are damaged beyond repair. These cells cannot be regenerated, making you permanently deaf.
How loud is too loud?
If your ears are exposed to sounds at 95, 100, 105, 110 and 115 dB (decibel, the unit used for measuring sound) for 4 hours, 2 hours, 1 hour, 30 minutes and 15 minutes each day respectively, your ears are at risk of getting severely damaged. Also, playing music at 120 dB or above can damage your ears instantly. You can have a realistic idea about the relation between decibels and sounds you commonly hear by referring to this list:
- 30 dB: soft whisper
- 75 dB: busy traffic
- 90 dB: noise of a motorcycle at 25 feet
- 100 dB: noise of a farm tractor
- 140 dB: jet plane taking off
Moreover, if you experience the following symptoms regularly, there's a high chance that you need to get your ears treated soon:
- A ringing sound in your ears when you are at a quiet place, which vanishes after a few minutes
- You need to raise the volume of TV or music to the fullest to hear it properly
- You have difficulty in hearing people talking at a distance of just 3 feet
How can you prevent the risk of hearing impairment?
When you're using earphones, keep the volume low. Also, using in-ear headsets or noise reduction/cancellation earphones also helps as it lets you hear the music distinctly at lower volumes by cutting out background noise.
CHECK: You need to lower the volume of your music if the person sitting or standing beside you can hear the sound coming out of your earphones.
Related Tip: Why Do You Get an EAR Discharge?
Meri maa ki age 50 h & unko abhi bhi periods hote h wo bhi jayda bleeding hoti h Ye koi bimari to nahi h na? Aur iska koi home remedies ho to aap bataye.
I'm 29 years old, doctor prescribed me tb duoluton l for irregular periods, initially I was having spotting after wen periods came I was having bleeding for ten days have to take tranexa. Now I am on duoluton l still I am having spotting. Is it bcoz of tablet? USG, TSH pap smear r done. Nothing in reports. please suggest me something.
Are you aware of the different types of occupation-induced sexual disorders? There are several factors that are a part of any person’s daily life and occupation schedule that give rise to stress and many other physical ailments which are capable of breaking down the body and lead to sexual disorders. Both physical and psychological factors may be responsible for occupation-induced sexual disorders. You should consider undergoing Ayurvedic treatment for such sexual disorders that arise on the account of your occupation or daily work life.
- Quite contrary to allopathic treatments where a single drug can be used for treating disorders in numerous patients, Ayurvedic treatments aim to eradicate the ailment from its root.
- Ayurveda has a solution to a wide range of problems faced by men due to their profession. Such problems include a lowered sex drive, premature ejaculation, infertility, erectile dysfunction, semen infection and many other problems.
- Ayurvedic medicines for sexual disorders may be recommended for treating all kinds of problems and improving libido. These also allow one to have a more pleasurable intercourse. Such medications are made from natural and herbal ingredients and can be used without the fear of any side effects.
Some of the most common sexual disorders caused due to one’s profession are discussed below:
- Mental stress: From a teacher to a banker to a shopkeeper, stress has become a vital part of everyone’s life and it leads to a wide array of sexual disorders like premature ejaculation, low libido and many other health problems which have neurological imbalances in their root. Ayurvedic treatments like massage, herbal remedies and regular exercise are effective remedies.
- Increase in weight: Any profession that requires a person to sit in a place and work relentlessly can lead to different problems like weight gain, lower back pain , ejaculation problems, premature ejaculation and tightness of the foreskin. Undergoing Ayurvedic massage and practising Yoga and meditation are ideal for treatment.
- Excessive physical strain: Sales professionals, mechanics, electricians, workers, drivers and many other people face too much of physical strain on a regular basis. It causes lowered sperm count, blood stained semen, weakness in erection, inability to maintain an erection and many other problems. Vajikarana therapy is a good option for treating these conditions.
- Working near hot instruments and devices: Certain occupations involve being around hot instruments and devices. This is likely to cause low sperm count and libido, along with painful ejaculation. Bus drivers, cooks working around hot stoves and tandoors, and mechanical engineers are prone to such disorders. There are several Ayurvedic herbs that benefit these conditions.
If you are suffering from sexual disorders due to overstress in your occupation, you may try these Ayurvedic remedies and improve your sexual performance. But in case the problem persists, you should consult an expert for guidance.
If you want to adopt a stray puppy/kitten or dog/cat at home, things must not be ignored.
1. Be extreme cautious about the diseases that can be transmitted from dogs or cats to human beings.
2. Examine the puppy /kitten or dog /cat carefully and neatly, preferably take it to your veterinarian to rule out any existing disease. Few may be infectious, can affect your other healthy pets at home, if any! scope of carrying contagiuos zoonotic diseases like rabies, leptospirosis etc. Should be carefully assessed and inspected.
3. Take suggestions from your vet regarding deworming of your newly adopted pets as few worms also can be transmitted from them to us particularly to children as well as can endanger pets' life too.
4. Know elaboratedly about the precautions that you have to take after you have taken/adopted that stray animal to your house for safe handling without making yourself prone to any kind of infections transmissible from animals to human beings. If a quarantine period is essential and asked to maintain, you need to follow that.
5. Try utmost to avoid any kind of bite, scratch, lick on your injured/broken skin or on fresh cut on your skin unless this quarantine period is completed or over and you have completed its all possible immunizations including anti rabies vaccine.
6. An adopted stray dog or cat may have many complications and weakness regarding its health. Handle it delicately along with all possible personal health care measures as said above to treat it, so that it can survive and grow for a full health.
7. Complete its all possible vaccinations under indian standard in healthy clinical condition from your veterinarian.
Lastly I wish a better and healthy life for your adopted pet. Just follow these basics and go ahead. No adverse consequence will perturb you thereafter.
This is my 3rd month of pregnancy .i always catch cold and fever (due to weather change) which last for 3 to 4 days. I suffer from fever after every 12 to 15 days. My immunity is very low. Will this fever effect the baby?
Hi, this is Ms. Kanchan. My periods were due on 16th Dec and still haven't come till date. I also had a urine pregnancy kit test done at home. Result was negative. I am still wondering why it still haven't come. Please help. Thank you in advance.
Sir I have 1 month pregnant and my health is not good I want to cancel the pregnancy please help me.
My sex drive has totally been vanished. I don't like to have sex or want to have sex anymore. This problem is from past 3-4 months and recently about 4 months ago I have taken a birth control pill only once in my whole life. I have my periods perfect but painful and also in last month I got my periods 2 times a month in a gap of approx 20 days. I am going to gym from a month. I do weight lifting and cardio for my weight lose. Is there any way I can have my sex drive back?
I want to get pregnant in this month what should I do. I am trying from 1 and half month but I didn't get. Please can you reply.
My girlfriend bleeds 7 days in a month and she feels tired after her 7 days r over and she has been unconscious many times. I need help please! Suggest any medicine for her. Thank you.
I delivered twin babies 3 months earlier. The procedure was normal delivery. Is it safe to continue physical relationship now. And what better precaution should be taken to avoid further pregnancy?
If I my last menstrual begins on the 23 of November 2015. And my due date is August 29 2016, can it be dated when I got pregnant? Please help My period cycle is about 31 days and last for 5 dsys.
To increase your stamina for performing various activies during the middle of your pregnancy, consume foods like red meat, green leafy vegetables, good quality cereals and fresh fruits which are rich in vitamin c and iron.