Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. A. K. SenguptaYour feedback matters!
My concentration level is very poor. Whenever I do a work, I can't concentrate properly. Lots of matter usually come to my mind. N disturb me. It hampered me in study and all other works. How to increase my concentration level? Plzzz help me. Thank you.
Last week one girl gave me lift to my college when she asked to sit back I got nervous and shivering why it happened to me is it any serious problem What happened to me can anybody say to me.
Hi, I am 26 years old and since past 5 or 6 days I am getting disturbed by some unwanted thoughts. It is related to my sexual orientation. Although I am completely straight because I have been in a relationship with a girl and I was involved in physical intimacy with her, yet I am getting this unwanted thought that I am becoming a gay. This started to happen at a sudden and I have no clue why this is happening. I don't want to live a life by becoming a gay. Please please please help me out, please.
Sir, I have a problem regarding excessive sweating. Even if everybody feels a cool weather I start sweating. I leave in Kolkata which is normally a very humid area. And I also belongs to a veg Hindu family.
we are married couple from last 11 yrs n v hv a son of 9 yrs bt ours understanding dosent match,and even we r nt comfortable styaing with each other, bcoz my husband is nt earning i m working since 7 yrs n i m d alone 1 to tk care of the expences of kid n family n home xps .we hv a rented house n 6 member in the fly , inspite of repeated explaining him he is nt intrested to wk he is completly irresponsible. so wt cn b done can v tk the divorce, i m ready to tk care of my son responsility pls give m practical advice nt emotional advice
I am 42 year old male. Recently I started a new business project and since that day I am feeling very depressed. I just do not feel happiness in any thing and life seems like a burden. I feel I am stuck in a situation where nothing will go right and whole future looks very bleek and dark.
What is the treatment for anxiety problem? how it can be cured? how much time it will take to cure? is the anxiety is a psychological problem?
I'm a student of class 12. I jerk out my semen nearly 5 days a week. I do gyming. and i am facing the problem of weak memory which I can't remember anything after my studies. May I know for what reason i am facing this memory lost problems. So that I can get rid of it. and have a good potential to prepare for my board.
Iam a 18 year old boy, I just started doing joking before 2days, iam now suffering from body pains, what can I do?
I have not at all self-confidence, I feel very fear to keep my view to in front of my boss. I am very nervous. please help me.
For. E.G I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Hello im 26 female im mentally stress lot and sometimes I do not know what im doing next day someone says only I realise that time im not speaking with anyone im so confused I need help.
Hi some time specially when im tensed or depressed I feel like I wanna to cry. And I dnt know the reason y im so sad. Is this kind of psychological disorder or it is normal And I dnt sleep properly I have too much of dreams specially sad ones What should I do to have sound sleep.
Dependent Personality Disorder
Dependent personality disorder (dpd) is one of a cluster of disorders defined by symptoms of anxiety and fear. The specific, identifying symptoms include:
- being emotionally dependent on others; feeling they can’t take care of themselves
- investing a lot of time and effort in trying to please significant people
- displaying clingy, passive and needy behavior
- avoiding disagreements for fear of losing approval and support
- experiencing separation anxiety and intense fear of abandonment
- finding it hard to be alone
- putting the needs of others before their own
- tolerating mistreatment and abuse for fear of disapproval and abandonment
- being crushed, and feeling helpless, when relationships end – and forming new relationships as soon as possible
- being unable to make even the simplest decision without the input and reassurance of others
- rarely taking the initiative
- avoiding personal responsibility
- avoiding responsible jobs and careers that require independent, autonomous functioning
- being over-sensitivity to criticism
- feeling negative and pessimistic; expecting to disappoint and fail
- having low self esteem and lacking confidence, including a belief that they are unable to care for themselves.
- The cause of disorder is still unclear, and probably includes both a genetic and environmental component. Some researchers have speculated that it could be linked to an authoritarian or overprotective parenting style – which acts as a trigger for a genetic predisposition.
Treatment is usually initially sought for some other problem or concern – such as feeling overwhelmed – so that they can’t cope with life. Also, sufferers will often have a mood disorder so they seek help for depression or anxiety at first.
The normal treatment for this particular disorder is counselling or psychotherapy. However, the emphasis is short term therapy so the person doesn’t form a dependency – and then look to the counsellor to take care of them. Prognosis with support is generally good.