Lybrate.com has top trusted Pathologists from across India. You will find Pathologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. A K MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
Namaskar sir, me kuch dino se running ker rha hu aur ab 3-4 din milk k sath andura mass v use kiya to 1-2 din se mera pet foola foola lag raha h aur aj puri body me dard bhi ho raha h to please sir aap kuch advise de aur please sir hindi me ans dena. Thank you.
My wife is having problem with right hands. She feels pain while lifting weight and while monthly periods. I shown to doctor, he says it is problem with blood circulation, we have not taken any medicine, we are afraid of overdosage. All this happened because of overdosage earlier given by doctor. She has admitted in hospital for 2 months. She can't take any painkillers, if takes she will get tired and looses are thinking power. What to do pls. Advice.
I have body pains from since two days? I was consulted some doctors in my village but I won't getting relief from these body pains?
I am having severe throat pain, head ache and my whole body is paining suggest me some medicines and some useful home tips to reduce throat infection.
Hi Doctor, I am 33 years old. Weight is 82 kgs approx. feel pain in entire body all through the day. Feel like lethargic and with no energy every time. Further have problem with stool too. Feels like stool pressure all the time. Stomach always gives heavy feeling.
My father age 75 years suffering from full body joint pain. severe pain in joints all over the body symptoms developed since last two weeks. He is psoriasis patient and taking medicines since last 10-15 years. Weight is loosing rapidly and now has only 52 kg. He was of 75 kgs before some years. He has difficulty in sitting, walking and moving. November mild ischemic brain stroke attack made me worry. I want to ask why he is suffering from body ache and why he is rapidly loosing his weight?
Human skeletal system is formed by bones. Bones unite at joints. Joints are the places where movement takes place. Muscles attached to the bones produce movement. Structures like ligaments are attached to bones which limit movement due to aging and repeated wear and tear the cartilage in between the bones looses its elasticity and gets worn out and has a bad impact over the joint. The problems that arises commonly are cervical spondylosis shoulder pain low back pain osteoarthritis knee heel pain etc,
Physiotherapy deals with these problems by relieving pain with modalities such as interferential therapy long wave diathermy laser therapy ultrasound therapy etc, once the pain subsides exercise therapy are started and ergonomical and home advice are given to prevent the recurrence. Physiotherapy is considered to be the safest method for this problems than surgical
Methods. Physiotherapeutic modalities are non invasive without any adverse effects and complications
Hi I have foot end pain both legs what to do. If I sat for half an hour after I woke up I can't put leg normally base end are very pain. Please suggest.
I feel very week all the time and my body pains. Lot of tiredness can't do anything after coming from work, I do night shift. My legs pain all the time.
Its about my mother. She is 41 in age and a weight across 54. Suffering normally by the ankle pain usually with body pain too. So kindly please get me the suggestions of it. Thank you.
Persistence of pain even after full healing of an affected area after injury or ailment is known as chronic pain. Chronic pain can also occur due to an undiagnosed underlying condition within the body. Any form of pain which lasts for more than 6 months can be categorized as chronic pain. Chronic pain might be continuous or episodic, excruciating or mild, totally incapacitating or merely inconvenient.
Symptoms of Chronic Pain include:
1. Light to severe pain that keeps occurring from time to time and cannot be relieved easily.
2. Occurrence of pain that can be described as burning, shooting, aching or even, electrical.
3. Constant feelings of discomfort. This includes stiffness, tightness or soreness in the affected area.
Chronic pain usually does not occur alone and is often accompanied by other problems such as:
1. Lack of sleep
3. Weakened Immune System
5. Mood Swings that include depression, fear, hopelessness, anxiety, stress, irritability, etc.
Reasons behind it
There are a number of different factors that can cause chronic pain. Some of them are:
- Aging: Common conditions associated with normal aging can have an effect on joints and bones, giving rise to chronic pain.
- Incorrect treatment and improper healing: Bad diagnosis or incorrect medications or procedures may cause improper healing of injuries as well as damage to nerves leading to chronic pain.
- Underlying disorders or diseases: Diseases are also capable of causing chronic pain. Conditions like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia are some well-known diseases that cause chronic pain. However, persistent and chronic pain might occur due to sicknesses like multiple sclerosis, cancer, AIDS, stomach ulcers as well as gallbladder disease.
In most of the cases, the reasons behind chronic pain can be rather complex. Sometimes, even though the chronic pain begins with an illness or an injury, the ongoing pain is capable of developing into a psychological aspect even after the physical issues have been healed, thus making treatment tricky.
Chronic pain is usually managed using a combination of physical therapy, medications and exercises, which helps in reducing the pain. Examples of pain relieving medications include ibuprofen and aspirin. Day-to-day activities can be performed only if this pain is adequately controlled. Additional techniques include:
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA): The target of this technique to address the nerves that are responsible for sending pain signals to the brain. This is achieved by placing the heated tip of a needle in a region which is extremely close to the nerve. The heat renders the nerve incapable of sending the pain signal.
- Pain Shots: This is used to deliver medications to the exact site of the pain. Nerve blockers are also used to block signals from reaching the brain.
- Alternative approach: These include acupuncture, massages and yoga along with other treatments from alternative medicine.