Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A GangulyYour feedback matters!
Pregnancy is the most exciting period of a woman's life and has unique challenges. There are numerous well wishers - family members, friends, relatives- giving you free advice as what to do and what not to do for having a healthy baby. Many of these advices are just myths.
Following is a list of common myths and actual realities. It is best to follow your doctor's advice and not believe in myths:
- Your belly shape tells the gender of the baby: One of the most common myths during pregnancy is the shape of a woman's belly. If a woman is carrying high, it is a girl and if she is carrying low it is a boy. The fact behind this is the shape of a woman's belly during pregnancy depends upon her muscle size, tone, amount of fat deposited around her abdomen and also on the position of the baby.
- Your food cravings tell the gender of the baby: Craving for sweet food means it will be a girl and craving for salty food means you will be having a boy. According to literature food cravings have nothing to do with determining the sex of a baby.
- Eating more is needed for pregnancy: Another common myth is that pregnant mother must eat for two. Calorie requirements increase during pregnancy. Pregnant women require about 350kcals more to ensure that the baby is healthy. Eating a balanced diet during pregnancy rather than eating for two is required to fulfil the demands in pregnancy.
- Exercise will harm my baby : Exercises in pregnancy should be started after consulting your doctor and should be performed under a trained professional. Being fit improves your stamina and prepares you for the strenuous process of labour & delivery. Swimming, yoga, moderate amount of exercise, brisk walk are recommended during pregnancy, but should only be practiced after consulting with doctor.
- Sleeping on your back harms the baby: Sleeping on your back will not harm your baby, but you will feel better if you sleep on your left side. Sleeping on your left side actually increases blood flow to your body.
- Eating papaya increases chances of miscarriage: Raw papaya is suspected to be abortifacient. It contains chymopapain which is supposed to induce early labour. Ripe form of Papaya is a good source of vitamin A and is safe during pregnancy.
- Eating Saffron in milk affects the skin tone of the body: Remember skin colour depends upon the genes and food items have nothing to do with skin colour. Saffron has high nutritious content due to presence of Thiamine and Riboflavin. Because of its nutritional value it can be taken in pregnancy in very small doses.
Hi I am 30 years old I am suffering from breast infection (granular mastitis likely) I had done sonomammography first after that doctor had given me Antibiotics (Amoxyllin potassium calvulanate) for 7 days and after that she prescribed me zifi turbo tablet and defzacort for 7 day and after ward she prescribed me zifi 200mg and defzacort and Gama linolenic acid tablet for 10 day ask to follow up USG but in report as compared to first there is no changes in size that infection size is same in both report but I touch that I feel it less in size as compared to before size as well as my doctor also feel it and now they suggested me to do FNAC test. What should I do pls help me and now doctor has prescribed me clarithromycin 500mg and defzacort for 10 days.
I am 23 year old female. I want to ask regarding my menstrual cycle. My previous cycle was of 35 days. I had my menses on 14th of june. On the 8th of july I had sex. The condom leaked. My vagina was very dry and it was the 25th day of my cycle. Now its 36th day I haven't got my periods. I am experiencing light brown colored discharge from vagina. Its a bit watery. Its 12 days since I had sex. Also it was my first time. Am I pregnant. Please help. I am under a lot of stress.
Hi we are planning for a baby. Are there any tests that should be done by both husband and wife. Is sperm motality shud be checked ?
My wife is 3 months pregnant and there huge change in its behavior its someabout rude from Me at any point. Is it happens at this stage. It is normal or not. And what can I do to change its behaviour.
I have ovaries but no uterus by birth. All tests are negative and good resulted (chromosomes tests. Only my problem is absence of uterus rest all I have same as like all girls. Absence of uterus and absence of periods is my problem.
Hi doc I had my last period on dt-17.04. 16 and I had protected sex with bf on dated 02.05. 16 that day at time intercourse condom was stuck in my vagina it was not totally inside, when he remove liquid was in condom only it has not come outside even my place is also dry so its there a chance of pregnancy. Pls confirm.
I am in Day 31 today, I was using Suten 8.0 gel. Symptoms for now: Breast pain when I touch it. Today pregnancy test on Day 31, it shows as negative. Can I wait hopefully for some other days and take the test once again? Or there is reason in waiting or testing it again.
So you love your job and don't mind working after hours, every once in a while. Are you plagued by hypertension, stomach disorder and sleeplessness often? It's probably about time that you started paying more attention to the dual functioning of your mind-body. Stressing on one, while neglecting the other will only bear dire consequences in the near future. This will render your body weak and your mind restless.
The regulation of the mind-body dualism is the most integral aspect of your being. Your mind has the potential of affecting your health in more ways than one. Having a better outlook towards life helps deal with health issues such as depression, headache, pain and stress. The dual functioning of mind-body is bound to have greater implications on your health and one needs to be well aware of that facet:
Your mind reflects what your health has to say
The brain creates gamma globulin and endorphins, which toughen your immunity and serve as natural painkillers, respectively. The production of these substances depends significantly on how you're feeling at the moment. Having a positive outlook even when you're down with fever, pain or stress enables your body to create better regulatory hormones which accelerate healing.
On the other hand, if you're being too hard on yourself as a result of work overload, emotional crisis or any personal mishap, and adopt a negative perspective towards most things, your body will know and slow down its mechanism for creating endorphins and gamma globulin. This means you'll take longer to regain normalcy.
What you are doing to your body affects how your brain works
On the flip side, if your body is under extreme pressure to perform and as a result, you're missing out on your regular, healthy regime, your mind is guaranteed to function differently. Eating differently, losing sleep, exercising less, and burn-outs will affect your mental well-being, negatively.
The fight-or-flight reaction and blood pressure levels are considerably influenced by how you're feeling and how you are dealing with things in life. As a result, you might feel depressed, moody, restless or sick.
Therapies that improve your mind-body functioning
Practicing therapy and exercise, improves the dual functioning of your mind-body and is, therefore, indispensable for keeping well. The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) has suggested, some integrative measures that are sure to have a positive impact on your overall well-being:
- Cognitive & behavioral management
- Yoga and relaxation
- Proper diet and regular physical exercise
- Active involvement in music, art or dance
- Avoiding a sedentary lifestyle
Despite everything else, if you're still willing to work beyond your deadline, at least don't forget to eat the salad that you had packed for lunch!
I had an intercourse on 3.7.16 unprotected. My period date was due on 14.7.16. On 13.7.14 I had spotting followed by bleeding next day without any period symptoms and cramps. Am I pregnant?
Actually my vagina sounds like farts. And it is really embarrassing. I am 20 yrs. Please provide help.
Hi I'm kundana I really want to know what happens if we take tablets at periods time I'm using a tablet called meftal due to taking tablet will be any problem in future like at pregnancy time bcoz I have heard there will be a problem so I want to know any it.
I am 24 year. 3 months back mera miscarriage ho gya tha so I want to know that k can I conceive now?
Respected Dr, I am posting my wife details as she is under treatment to psychiatrist, she is under treatment since june-2014. We got married in the month of november 2008 she got this problem after miscarriage of six month pregnancy which was unfortunate miscarriage. Before this she got two miscarriage first in the year 2010 at the third month of pregnancy it was ectopic second in the 2012 same at the third month but not ectopic and last in the year 2013. Her blood group is o positive. She has problem of epilepsy too for which she was under treatment before marriage and after marriage too she was taking valpro cr-200 under consultanty to Dr. Shashendra saxena- neurologist. All the report and test related to pregnancy are normal. Under any of the she is normal but whenever there is change in medicine she get epilepsy problem my and her age is 42 years we want a healthy baby I came to know about doon nursing home the it has both psychiatrist and gyno so I got some hope for getting both the treatment at same place which may be helpful by gods blessing and yours kind advice. At a time my wife is taking pyne-50 and colna-0.25 and during taking these medicine she is not having any problem as psychological or epilepsy. Now please give me yours kind advice about hope of of healthy pregnancy without any problem and treatment neuro or psychological problem.
Dear sir/ madam, Will I get pregnant with out actual sex is. Just By touching private part of male with female part can this happen, I'm still a virgin it didn't bleed or something like that was just touching? My last month period was on Feb 8th now it's March 13th still I didn't get periods yet. Is it because if this. If yes kindly suggest methods to avoid such.
Hello. I am 31 years old lady. I had two miscarriages. Now I take a test of HSG it shows tubes block. Right tube block and left tube grades appearance at end.
I am 26 years old and 13 week pregnant, my doctor done USG himself and report was OK, he prescribed acucal tab and anofer tab, I have seen one of my friend she used to take natural michronised progesterone and l arginine sachet in her pregnancy, my doctor not prescribed any of these, is it OK? And 1 month before my USG shown 8 weeks pregnancy but after one month when my doctor done USG he told that it is 13 weeks, but it should be 12 weeks, is it a problem?
These gluten-free, fibrous foods prepare you for a long day of of work ahead. It forms a great breakfast choice for vegetarians; it contains more protein than other foodgrains, in terms of quality and quantity.
Oats have a host of vitamins and minerals to make it a perfect meal for you. It has various health benefits:
1. Oats are energy boosters since they are high in carbohydrates. It also contains b-complex vitamins which help in production of energy.
2. Oats are low on calories and keep you full for a longer time, keeping cravings away. This helps you eat less but lose weight in a healthy manner. Your blood pressure, too, is kept under control.
3. It has complex carbohydrates which slowly break down to simple sugars. This prevents the blood sugar levels from rising high. Starting your day with oats helps to keep blood sugars under control for the rest of the day.
4. Oats contain fibers known as beta glucans which can lower the bad cholesterol (ldl), thus, preventing the risk of heart diseases. They also contain unique antioxidants called avenanthramides which also prevent cardiovascular diseases.
5. The soft fiber in oats makes it a perfect food for people with gastritis, colitis and any other digestive issues. Its high fiber content regularizes the bowel movement and cure constipation.
6. Lignans, a type of phytochemical in oats, reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer and also causes the stools to become bulky which can dilute and eliminate cancer causing agents.
7. Selenium and beta glucans in oats help to enhance the immune system and eliminate the bacteria from the body faster protecting us from bacterial infections.
Sprinkling a handful of chopped dates adds more value to your oatmeal: it helps you avoid that spoonful of sugar and also contributes to a healthy heart.
So, with every new sunrise, you ought to be looking forward to a lip-smacking, nutritious breakfast!