Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. A Ganguly
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A GangulyYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor I lost my virginity with my boyfriend on 2nd april. It was an unprotected sex also my periods stopped on1st april and started on 30th march (i have hormonal problems) and my periods last only for 2-3 days since yesterday I am feeling little pukish and had fever I did pregnancy test which came negative. Doctor please help me im really scared also please tell me till when I have chances of getting pregnant and when should I get my pregnancy test again? And will ipill cause delay in periods?
I am 28 years old female and I had C-section for my First delivery. I want the next one should be normal delivery, so for that how much gap should I take.
Hello doctor, my monthly menstrual cycle date was 15 dec but I did get it on 15 and on 19 dec I had intercourse with protection and after 2 days I checked out pregnancy test at home with prega news and results were negative and after that 2 times more I checked out pregnancy test at home and results were negative is it possible that I can be pregnant I don’t want to leak news anywhere it should be confidential.
Hello sir i am 20 yrs old as i had sex with my bf on last 19 dec 2014 without protection nd yesterday we took pregnancy test which was negative as its been 9 days up frm the normal date of periods please suggest any tablet so that i cld get period with in 2 days pls help i m really tensed.
UTI is an infection that occurs in the urinary tract. It is more common in males than in females and it occurs in both the sexes contrary to popular belief. It usually is the work of a bacterium known as E.coli (Escherichia coli) although other bacterium and fungi may also be responsible for the same, very rarely do they actually cause it. UTI is not a sexually transmitted disease (STD) but it can pose a risk factor during sexual intercourse. So you need to be careful.
Since UTI is caused by a bacteria you can catch it from a number of sources. People who live in unhygienic conditions, lower income groups and the like are more prone to contracting UTI. UTI can cause a number of complications depending on the kind of infection you contract. It can affect the kidneys, which is the upper urinary tract, resulting in pyelonephritis as well as the bladder, the lower urinary tract resulting in cystitis. The simplest of UTI can be handled using a range of antibiotics but it can get further aggravated at which point it needs to be treated with intravenous antibiotics. There is a fair chance of mortality stemming from this disease and the lack of awareness about how it is caused does not help either. Thus, here is a quick guide to the causes of UTI that you can and should keep an eye out for:
- Dehydration: Water helps in eliminating the body harmful toxins from the body that might cause infections and such. If you do not drink enough water and stay hydrated then your body becomes a breeding ground for bacteria that can cause UTI. Not drinking enough water can also lead to kidney stones which in turn stop your urine flow and nurture bacteria growth.
- Birth control and feminine hygiene products: The use of contraception and feminine hygiene products during menstruation like tampons and sanitary napkins can lead to UTI if not carefully monitored. Frequently changing your birth control is not advised as it can cause hormonal changes and affect the normal bacteria in your vagina. On the other hand, change your tampons as frequently as possible so as not to harbour bacteria growth.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Unique problem in dealing with age related spinal disorders is that degenerative changes (age related wear and tear) are very common and can exist without causing pain, while at the same time, some of them can be the cause of significant pain and disability in some patients.
- These changes can exist in multiple levels in the spine making it difficult to identify clinically, despite a thorough clinical examination, the exact level or structure that is the main cause of the spinal pain. The fact that they can exist without causing pain in many people compounds the situation. So, seeing an x-ray or mri of the spine is not enough to exactly identify the pain generator in the spine.
- In situations where there is spinal pain and there are multiple level degenerative changes seen on the mri, spinal injections are used as a test to temporarily block the pain from some structures in order to help identify the most likely cause of pain and help deciding further treatment plan accordingly.
- These injections are also used as treatmentof spinal pain (back/neck pain, sciatica) caused by a specific structural problem for relieving pain, while we wait for the problem to settle down naturally; and in those who are not responding to medication and physiotherapy. Another situation where injections are used is in patients who need surgery but cannot be operated for other reasons or want to postpone the surgery temporarily.
- Typically the injections are done under local anaesthesia, with the patient lying in an operation theatre with x-ray facility or in a ct scan console to help pass the needle to the exact desired location in the spine. A local anaesthetic alone or in combination with a steroid medication is injected. The target location may be the facet joints, si joints, disc or a near the nerve root.
- Many spine surgeons use these injections as a tool to help in accurate diagnosis as well as treatment of spinal pain world over.