Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Physiotherapists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Atul Prasad
Submit a review for Dr. Atul PrasadYour feedback matters!
A accident happened with me on 18th Jan .I fell down from 7.8 ft high and got a calcaneus fracture to heel. Also a injury near ankle. Dr.inserted spring rod from outside to heel on 24th Jan. Due to injury plaster can not be done. Still injury or wound not heeling properly. What will be the reason and what to be done to heel injury faster. Now how much time required to get over all this as yet to be plaster done. Means after plaster to my heel when should I have to try put my leg on floor.
I have done my left total hip replacement surgery five months back. My age is 30 male. I am Muslim. I want to know that'can I do the prayer (NAMAZ) and can I ride the bike. Please help me.
I am 21 years old boy. I was playing volleyball yesterday, while spiking there is a sudden pain in my left lower back and I can't straight my back for 10 second, then the pain occurs when I bent my lower back sometimes, what is it and how to treat. Pls tell me, thank you.
I am 55 years having severe leg pain during night especially heels I drive car minimum of 5 hours Climb steps 4 floors daily Pl suggest remedy.
I am 21 year old. I am suffering from severe knee pain since last year. I have taken treatment from several doctors and they all advised for operation but knee operation in this age I and not knowing what to do. Please tell some solution.
Any condition that results in numbness and tingling in the hand and arm caused by a pinched median nerve in the wrist leads to carpel tunnel syndrome. Irritation of the median nerve in this manner causes tingling and numbness of the thumb, index, and the middle fingers.
Symptoms: people mainly experience hand numbness, sensation of pins and needles in hand, hand pain at night, hand weakness/clumsiness (loss of gripping power) or wrist weakness.
1. Phalen sign- tingling in the median nerve distribution is induced by full flexion (or full extension for reverse phalen) of the wrists for up to 60 seconds (this test has 80% specificity).
2. The carpal compression test- this test involves applying firm pressure directly over the carpal tunnel, usually with the thumbs, for up to 30 seconds to reproduce symptoms (this test has specificity of 96%).
Diagnosis: carpel tunnel syndrome is suspectedly based on symptoms, supported by physical examination signs, and confirmed by nerve conduction testing.
Treatment: mild symptoms usually can be treated with home care.
1. Stop activities that cause numbness and pain. Rest your wrist longer between activities.
2. Ice your wrist for 10 to 15 minutes 1 or 2 times a day along with physiotherapy treatment.
3. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (nsaids) to relieve pain and reduce swelling.
4. Wear a wrist splint at night. This takes pressure off your median nerve.
The sooner you start treatment, the better your chances of stopping symptoms and preventing long-term damage to the nerve.