Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Asthma Management Program
Treatment Of Restenosis
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Residential ClinicYour feedback matters!
1. Fizzy drinks: Many people often choose fizzy drinks over health drinks (milk, smoothies, yogurts, fruit juices). Such drinks contain phosphoric acid which increases the resorption of bone calcium, and its excretion through urine. Switching to healthier drinks will be beneficial.
2. Alcohol: Excessive intake of alcohol not only interferes with the functioning of the pancreas, but also decreases the absorption of calcium and vitamin d which affects the bone health. Alcohol affects the bone-forming cells “osteoblasts”, increasing the risk of osteoporosis in later life. Research suggests that alcohol decreases oestrogen levels in females, which slow the bone remodelling process. Giving up on drinking will help in rapid bone recovery. Limiting your intake may also be useful.
3. Caffeine: Beverages like coffee, energy drinks, soft drinks contain caffeine. Caffeine leads to resorption of calcium from the bone. Tea contains some amount of caffeine, but the flavonoids in tea help in increasing the bone mineral density. Limiting your caffeine containing beverages may be of help. Adding milk to your coffee will also help in reducing bone–sapping effects.
4. Salt: According to some studies, 40 mg of calcium is excreted through urine with an intake of 1 tsp salt (2,300 mg sodium). In a study conducted on post menopausal women, it was found that women who consumed a high-sodium diet lost more bone minerals in comparison to those who didn’t. Nowadays where consumption of processed foods is high, we must not forget that a majority of these foods contain high levels of sodium. Hence, reducing the intake of table salt is very important. One can also increase the intake of potassium rich foods like tomatoes, banana, coconut water to balance the blood sodium levels.
5. Hydrogenated fats: The process of hydrogenation of vegetable oils leads to destruction of the vitamin K thus altering bone health. Vitamin K is known to facilitate calcium absorption. Vitamin K, being a fat soluble vitamin, is present in good amount in canola and olive oil. Green leafy vegetables are also good sources of vitamin K.
6. Vitamin A: A study conducted by swedish researchers and published in the new england journal of medicine has found that excessive intake of vitamin a can affect bone health. It increases a person’s risk of bone fracture by as much as seven times. According to researchers, the findings explain the high rates of hip fractures in scandinavia and the united states where the use of vitamin supplements and vitamin a fortification is common. However, vitamin A is still important in small doses. You can opt for low fat or non fat dairy products, and consume egg whites for this, since egg yolks are rich in vitamin A.
Dear Dr, I am facing severe itching problem in total body since last 2 months. After consulting Dr. took Livicetrazil and Ranitidine for 7 days. During medication itching was little ok but as soon medicine finished again itching started. I has diagnosed Hypothyroid 6 years ago. This time TSH came 18.23. Is this due to High TSH? Now I am taking 150 mg Thyroxine daily. Kindly help how to reduce TSH and itching problem.
The fasting blood sugar varies from 110 to 126 .What should be done to control the blood sugar and what are symptoms to know the danger from this problem?
On waking up loose balance for a while followed by giddiness and nausea. What could be the reason? BP normal, no sugar or other conditions.
My age is 39 I had fractured on leg toes. I had take treatment and my born is joined now. But my problem is now I get paining and spelling due to heavy message can you suggest any solutions for this.
Hell doctor I want to leave masturbation But I not controlled it please suggest me what I do. Thanks.
What are the symptoms of jaundice What are the precautions in case of jaundice and what treatment should be given.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last one week and I have chest pain when ever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done.
As per my semen analysis report Agglutination is positive and as per requirement it should be negative. So please tell what does it mean and is there any problem.
Foods for healthier bones:
Among the nutrients the minerals forms the important role in building up healthy bones. The minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamins like beta-carotene and protein are essential for bones especially knees. Calcium helps in the bones calcification which deficiency causes several bone disorders like osteoporosis, injuries etc. Now let’s have a look on the foods which are very essential for the healthier knee.
Milk: a large study has found that the milk consumption may slow the progression of knee arthritis. Milk is a complete food possessing all the essential nutrients including protein, calcium, all trace minerals and hence it forms the basic diet in all the elderly people who are prone to the development of bone disorders. A glass of milk a day could help stop women’s knees from creaking, claim researchers.
Cheese: cheese contains health-promoting bacteria known as probiotics. These bacteria reduce the inflammation that can cause joint pain. Probiotics are found in bleu and strong smelling cheeses. By incorporating these in your diet, you may reduce your related pain. In addition to that, cheese contains calcium which is vital for bones health. In case, you are allergic to cheese, it may also cause an inflammation that affects your joints.
Tofu: tofu is made from soybean curds is naturally gluten free and low calorie food which is an excellent source of protein, iron and calcium. When a calcium compound is used as a curdling agent, the tofu becomes a good source of calcium, which helps in maintain healthy bones. Soy isoflavones are known to decrease the bone loss and increase the bone mineral density during menopause.
Sesame seeds: sesame seeds are an excellent source of copper, a very good source of manganese and a good source of calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, iron, zinc and molybdenum. The copper in the sesame seeds provide relief for rheumatoid arthritis as it possess the anti inflammatory and anti oxidant enzyme system. In addition, it plays an important role in the activity of linking of collagen and elastin- the ground substance that provide structure, strength and elasticity in the blood vessel, bones and joints.
Green leafy vegetables specially spinach: they are the rich sources of calcium and other bone building minerals and vitamins like vitamin K, folate, vitamin C. Getting calcium from plant based choices is the best decision and a earth friendly choice of being healthy.
White beans: beans are the excellent source of protein which is the building block of bones.
Fishes especially salmon, sardines: salmon and other types of fishes offer an array of bone boosting nutrients. They contain vitamin d which helps in the absorption of calcium and other minerals in the body.
Nuts like almonds: almond has good amount of calcium, potassium as well as protein that play a supportive role in building strong bones.
Fruits like orange, lemon that is rich in vitamin C: fortified orange juice with calcium aids in the bone development in a progressive way.
Dried fruits like prune: researchers say eating prune everyday with calcium and vitamin D can help improve the bone density by slowing down the breakdown of bone in your body.