Submit a review for R M PolyclinicYour feedback matters!
Men's sexual problems:
Around 4 in 10 men experience sex problems.
Men's sexual problems can happen at any time of life, but become more common with age.
Most sexual problems can be treated - so seek medical advice if you have concerns.
Men's sex problems include:
1. Erectile dysfunction - sometimes called impotence - is a problem getting and keeping an erection for sex.
2. Premature ejaculation, this is coming sooner than he'd like to during sex.
3. Inhibited ejaculation, retarded ejaculation, when the man is slow to ejaculate.
4. Retrograde ejaculation, where the ejaculation goes into the bladder instead of out of the penis.
5. Less interest in sex, loss of sex drive or libido.
What causes men's sexual problems?
Men's sex problems may be due to:
1. Physical causes, including diabetes, heart disease and other long-term health conditions
2. Alcohol abuse
3. Drug abuse
4. Medication side-effects, including some antidepressants
8. Worries over sexual performance, unrealistic expectations about sexual performance
9. Relationship problems
10. Low testosterone
11. Past traumatic sexual experiences.
How are men's sex problems diagnosed?
A doctor will ask about symptoms, review a man's medical history and may carry out a physical examination.
A gp or sexual health clinic may be able to make a diagnosis - or a referral may be made to specialists for further assessments, tests or treatment.
Specialists who may help with men's sex problems include:
1. Urologists, who specialise in the urinary tract and reproductive system
2. Endocrinologists, who specialise in conditions affecting hormones
3. Neurologists, who specialise in the body's nerve networks
4. Sex therapists or counsellors
5. Mental health specialists.
What tests are used to diagnose men's sex problems?
Diagnostic tests for men's sex problems include:
- Blood tests, to identify any hormone problems, such as low testosterone, and any undiagnosed medical problems, such as diabetes
- Checking blood flow to the penis for any blockages or restrictions
- Nerve checks, for any loss of sensation, such as complications of diabetes
- Night-time penis rigidity tests, to check if natural erections that happen at night are stronger than a man may experience while awake, which may suggest psychological causes.
Have any medicine which can grow sperm count and also can make more sperm and can give more energy at time of sex and helps to spend more time with my wife at the time of sex.
Hi Which is good oil for enlargement n stamina increase. please suggest me. There are many in d online products.
I an 22 year old and I am suffering from erectile dysfunction and I have low libido Please tell me what I do now?
Hi I am very lonely at room all the time I can not concentrate on studies now a days last year I loss due to depression though same scene was I do not want this year to spoil (I am medical college student 1st year) please help me out I can not focus on studies when I feel alone I start watching porn and Masturbate to full fill my sexual desire I want to stop this I feel numbness of my brain sometimes please help me what should I do how to focus on studies how to stop masturbation please help suggest me medicine or ayurvedic or homeopathy please urgent calling. I feel depressed and I have high negative vibes in my mind I want to stop that how to overcome all this stuffs please help me.
If I am having sex with more than 1 partner without using condom is there any chance to get HIV or aids? Please tel me the best way to have sex healthy and precautions.
Hello sir am 29 years old masturbating past 10 years, now sometimes my both hands are shivering. How to strengthen my nervous system?
I have been masturbating daily since 4-5 months and my pennis size is not showing considerable growth in size. The quantity and quality of the sperms has lowered. I tried pennis exercises but the results were partial.
My boyfriend and I never had sex and I am a virgin. I was wearing panties and yoga pants and he finished on my upper inner thighs which I immediately washed off with water and then after a few minutes I changed my pants. Is there a risk of getting pregnant? My panties were damp due to my own bodily fluids could the sperm have travelled?
I have balanitis I am 16 years old boy I washed my penis with control and lifebuoy soap for 5 days anyone can do circumcision of my foreskin tell me the cost and your contact no.
Hi doctor I used to masturbate 3 to 4 times in a week on alternative basis will it affect my health. Need your suggestion I am also fear it will reduce my concentration and eye sight power due to loss of energy. Please reply.
Doctor I addicted to chronic masturbation habit I can't control myself and can't stop it. What can I do please help me.
What are the effects of masturbation on our body. Please answer? I feel laziness and dizziness if I masturbate more that a couple of times a day. Please reply.
Hi Hardam mujhe sex krne ka man krte rhta hai jisse mai hastmatun kar leta hu 1 week me 3 to 4 bar. Aur mind me altu faltu bat ate rhta hai please koi medician bataiye.
I am feeling weakness in body muscles because of masturbation so I need to gain energy please suggest me some healthy supplements for fast results.
Hi im facing nightfall 2-3 times a week and I stopped masturbating for 3 months due to I found I had hairloss problem. Im a gym trainer I find this issue as a trap for my progress pls help me get over this.
If you are a heavy drinker and you are having problems with your sex life, they are likely to be caused because of your alcohol consumption. Sex and alcohol are not considered to be a good mixture. Although a small amount of alcohol is harmless, moderate to heavy drinking can hamper your sex life in several ways. Moreover, alcohol is very dangerous for pregnant women.
Alcohol can lead to sexual problems and issues in both men and women. It can also make them behave in a different and unusual manner, which may lead them into having sex with people who are unsuitable. It makes people take unnecessary risks and many get infected with sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Unwanted pregnancy after having sex is a common aspect in today’s world. Alcohol also makes people likely to be victims of sexual attacks.
The bad effects of alcohol on your sex life
There are several bad effects of alcohol which take a toll on your sexual life. They are as follows:
- Alcohol may make people more likely to engross in sexual activity with the wrong person. Getting pregnant, catching infections and embarking in affairs which lead to the breakup of many marriages are common effects of alcohol. Alcohol is a primary reason for the demand of the emergency contraceptive or morning after pill, all over the world.
- Alcohol fuddles up people's brain and many of them forget to take proper contraceptive precautions before having sex.
- Alcohol is very harmful for unborn babies in pregnant women. It may cause brain damage to the baby. You should consume alcohol as less as possible during pregnancy and totally avoid it during the first three months of pregnancy.
- Alcohol accounts for being a major cause of erectile dysfunction or impotence in men. Alcohol may increase your sexual desire, but it reduces your performance.
- Men who are heavy drinkers may develop a permanent case of brewer’s droop. Loss of sexual interest is also likely.
- Excessive alcohol may lead to diminished or reduced libido in women as well. It is yet to be proven whether alcohol causes any other sexual complications in women.
If you are facing problems with excessive alcohol consumption and it is affecting your sex life, you need to take some steps. It is recommended to consult an alcohol counsellor or join the Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) group.
Imagine a three-course meal where intercourse is the dessert and foreplay is like the main course. Sure you can go straight to dessert, but it is all the more satiating when followed by a meal. The most common idea of foreplay is probably a lick on the ear and kisses trailing down your neck. But research suggests that sticking to one single routine can desensitize your parts and the effect just fizzles out.
Revive your ideas of great foreplay with the following tips:
- Aim for the area around the lips: People mostly focus on the plump part of the lips, ignoring a sensual, arousing sweet spot which borders the lips. Your lips and its periphery contain several blood vessels. Slowly brushing through that area will give you a tingling, almost ticklish sensation that will run through your spine.
- The little triangle: The entire neck region is a highly erogenous spot. This includes the ears and the spot behind it, the neck and the shoulders. However, the junction where the collarbone meets your neck, the little triangle, has a thinner skin enveloping it. Linger around the spot a little longer maybe, before running down to the more obvious erogenous regions.
- Trail the thighs: The area around your thighs is home to one of the most explosive nerves that can simply make your breath go into hyper drive. Start with supple, soft kisses around your thighs, with stray light strokes. This excites your genital area more because the nerves on the thighs directly lead to the genitals. This move will probably have your partner asking for more.
- Talk dirty: This act can have your partner flying off the handles if done right. You may want to test the temperature first in order to know what degree of talks does your partner like. Whether he is into low-key dirty talks or full-blown adjectives.
- Try the blindfold: That little accessory can really spice things up in the bedroom. It will drive your partner crazy expecting what is coming next. Try a tie or an eye mask if you don’t have a blindfold in handy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.