Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Healthy Heart Diet
Weight Management Treatment
Submit a review for NutriDietYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
In recent years, turmeric benefits have captured the attention of Western scientists and herbalists. However, this herb held a place of honor in India's traditional Ayurvedic medicine because they have always known the magical medicinal powers of turmeric.
Before we delve into the health benefits of turmeric, including the possible side effects of turmeric, we would like to share with you a little about its healing history and traditional turmeric benefits.
Turmeric is a perennial shrub that is grown in India and other tropical areas of Asia. It was long used as a hot yellow spice to flavor Indian cuisine. In addition, it was added to a variety of mustards to give them a potent "bite."
In India's traditional Ayurvedic medicine turmeric was a symbol of prosperity - it was considered a whole body cleansing herb. Medically, it was used as an aid for digestive disturbances and as a treatment for fever, infections, dysentery, arthritis, jaundice and other liver problems.
The traditional Chinese physicians also used turmeric medically to treat liver and gallbladder problems, stop bleeding, and relieve chest congestion and menstrual discomforts.
Modern hectic schedule at home as well as workplace has led to the popularity of strategic snacking. Nutrition and Snacking habits have a direct relation on energy level, mental sharpness and motivation. One must identify the right snacks that will not only fill one up without triggering the craving for more snacks.
A snack is considered to be healthy if it is packed with nutrients and its calorie level lie between 100 and 150 calories. Strategic snacking is a great way to keep a check on one's appetite maintaining the energy levels keeping the body balanced.
The following ten snacks are a powerhouse of nutrients which will keep one full and satisfied:
- In order to have a 100 calorie nut pack, make packs of 15 to 20 Almonds, Walnuts or Pistachios. The nuts are rich in protein, fibre and cholesterol-lowering unsaturated fats, which makes one feel full and have powerful antioxidants, like vitamin E.
- One can try out one medium-size raw sliced red pepper or, twelve pods of sugar snap peas or baby carrots with a snack-size 2 ounce container of hummus.
- A cup of high Protein Yogurt, blueberries, cherries, raspberries or strawberries will give 50 calories coupled with 100 calories worth 6 ounces of nonfat yogurt.
- Bars comprise of protein, fibre and healthy fats and a single bar can give 150 calories per bar. They contain nuts and dried fruit, which help minimize the calories keeping the belly full for a longer period.
- Apples and Peanut Butter are high in fibre and peanut butter is high in protein and unsaturated fat and spoonful of peanut butter can stabilize blood sugar and quell hunger.
- Light Cheese is packed with protein, which our body digests slowly so it helps one to stay full for hours. Most cheeses pack a lot of fat and calories, so only light cheese recommended as it provides 150 calories and 18 grams of protein.
- Avocados are full of Omega 3 fats and antioxidants and having an avocado with a sprinkle of olive oil and sea salt will last for the whole afternoon.
- Multigrain Corn Tortilla Chips are made with stone ground corn, flaxseed, quinoa, brown rice and chia seeds which are digested very slowly helping belly to stay full for a longer duration.
- The serving of five to ten Olives are a good source of the antioxidant vitamin E, which reduce risk for cardiovascular disease.
- It is extremely important these snacks proportioned so that one does not have to count or measure them while at work. These will keep one's belly full reducing the hunger urges and moreover these are healthy.
Eating healthy and maintaining a happy number on the weighing scale is stuff that dreams are made of - or so you thought! It is never too late to get on to the weight loss bandwagon in case you have a few extra pounds that you are not too proud of. But the concern is how to get rid of the pesky extra kilos in a smooth sailing and effortless manner?
Well, that's easy - take these diet ideas and lose weight effortlessly even as you eat healthy!
- Shop Right: Get nutrition right by first of all shopping right. When you fill your kitchen and pantry with healthy food, remember that good food choices will automatically follow you. So, ditch the packaged food and go for fresh ingredients that can help you cook up a storm even as you get aromatic and rich homemade flavours, right on your table. And remember there is nothing better than the satisfaction of a home cooked meal at the end of the day. Throw in some organic grains, put out the brown bread, and get yourself some fresh tasting ingredients to make a pasta sauce from scratch or prepare a salad dressing in a matter of minutes.
- Smaller Crockery: Are you guilty of overeating? The real culprit might just be your crockery - or rather, its size. Try taking on smaller portions with smaller bowls and plates. This will ensure that you take smaller heapfuls by default, and before you know it, your stomach will be full!
- Smaller Meals, Bigger Effect: You may have heard this being said many times, but it is true. The trick is to pace your metabolism and throw small quantities at it, so that it is easier to break the food down faster. Take at least five to six meals in a day and watch how soon your tummy starts to shape up and lose its flab.
- Mental Hunger: Hungry for a snack and ravenously so? Well, it may be time to tackle that pesky mental hunger. Begin by taking a few glasses of water and then give yourself a few nuts like almonds as well as some raisins. Keep these kinds of snacks handy so that you can pass your time when you are bored or even anxious, without overeating and putting on excessive kilos.
- Vegetables and Fruit: A good dose of fibre can help in tightening your contours because these digestive fibres are well known for flushing toxins out of your system and breaking down the food really fast!
So get on the effective diet bandwagon and banish those fad diets from your menu, today! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
Can I use the cod liver oil regularly to get the proper intake of vitamin A and vitamin D, in my diet? I haven't any problems yet. What concentration should I take if? Do it harm my body or any other side effects it may cause if I use it in regular diet? And the last one what kind of improvement it cause to my body? please reply fast I'm waiting!
My brother is diabetic since 3 years. Sugar level after eating is 300. His feet looks always swelling and feels uncomfortable to walk. Please suggest.
Hello doctor, My father is diabetic. Now his diabetes PP figure is 250 (approx). He is suffering from Malaria vivax. We have completed 3 days course of chloroquine 250 mg with ziffy 200 and dolo 650. But only for one day it came down to 98.5 .after that is varying between 99.5 and 102. Please advise what to do next.
Losing weight is very difficult and for that you don't have to eat less or exercise more as it will not work. The quantity of calories is not taken into account, but it is only the quality of the calories that make a huge difference without the need of you going hungry. It is very necessary that your body is able to burn the calories you eat and in this way, you can lose weight. Eating few calories on a regular basis can result in malnutrition, nutrient deficiencies and in unhealthy weight loss.
Conditions That Occur due to under eating: By intake of few calories on day to day basis, our body system learns to live with smaller amount, and it slows down the metabolism of your body. The worst thing is that you even stop losing weight and feel irritated as well as sluggish on the diet you intake. The practice can be reversed, and it will not take much time for your body to recover and its metabolism to become better.
Long term intake of low diet can also put you at a higher risk of nutritional deficiency. As by eating less, the body does not get the necessary vitamins and minerals required for daily functioning.
To keep alive it is very important that a minimum blood-glucose level is maintained. If the blood glucose is less than required, a lot of stress can be created on your organs, and it would damage vital organs of your body.
It is very important that we develop positive food thoughts, and constant restriction can result in eating disorders like orthorexia and anorexia.
Opt For Healthy Eating:
- The simple and healthy way which you can start with to lose weight would be at first to make small changes like eliminating beverages that are sugary as well as replacing your diet with healthier choices.
- It is best to avoid unhealthier choices like eating muffins and donuts for breakfast. Instead, you should eat whole foods, oatmeal, eggs and fruit for breakfast.
- The basic rules that should be followed are that men should not eat above 1500 calories in a day, and women should not eat above 1200 calories in a day.
- It is best to focus on eating healthy food instead of calorie counting. The weight loss may be slow, but it would be stable and long-lasting.
The most important step that needs to be followed to lose weight effectively is to have a proper mindset and follow a healthy diet to achieve your goal.
I am suffering from b12 deficiency. Earlier it was 170. After taking b12 shot it raises to 1170 after a month also my symptoms also vanish at that time. Now my symptoms occur once again by off the b12 shot. After treatment my CBC count as follows MCV 107, mch 35, haemoglobin 18, eosinophil 7%.I'm also suffering from severe tignning an numbness. please tell me the reason.
How to control Diabetes? I have fasting Blood Sugar 200. I am not taking any medicines. How to make it normal?
Hi Doctors, Now a days pollution is the major destruction to mankind, lungs are being killed slowly. I live in city conditions ,please suggest some ways to detox lungs.
I feel very tired and weak I really want to join gym and want to improve my health and body shape but due to tiredness and laziness I won't be able to do so. Kindly prescribe me a good body tonic for body strength and energy thanks.
Hello sir. My name is asif n im 21 years old. Sir my issue is being 21 years old my weight is just 50 kgs n I look so thin .i wnt to gain my weight .plz how may of Dr. Can answer my question plzzz plzz answer me.
Dear doctor, pls tell me the danger to human health if one's weight is reduced due to chronic anxiety and confusion. I'm already underweight.
Im underweight, doctor suggested me to take polybion l syrup 2 teaspoons before sleeping daily. Will this help me gain weight?
I am 50 years old . I am diabetic from last 10 years. Now I have problem of E.D. . Please suggest best medicine to recover.
"I don't have time" is one of the most common excuses heard for living an unhealthy lifestyle. When you're working at a full time job, it is often easier to order in from a restaurant and spend the evening watching television to 'cool off' instead of cooking a healthy meal and hitting the gym. However, a busy lifestyle does not necessarily need to be unhealthy. Here are a few simple tips to live a healthier life.
- Cook one pot meals: Cooking doesn't have to be complicated. Experiment with your microwave settings and recipes to find quick meals that can be made in under a minute like quiche in a mug or steamed salmon. Making pasta can be as easy as putting all the ingredients in together into a pot and letting them cook. Find recipes that require minimal grocery shopping and preparation.
- Take the stairs: Elevators are definitely a convenience and cannot be avoided if your office or home is on the 10th floor. To balance convenience and health, get off the elevator a floor or two below yours and climb up the remaining stairs. Obviously working up a sweat by climbing stairs at the beginning of your day at work isn't a good idea so time your stair climbs at the end of the day or when a shower is nearby.
- Avoid snacking: Eat proper meals instead of mindlessly snacking through the day. Keeping a food diary can help you recognize your eating habits and rectify them. If three meals a day does not satiate your hunger, break your meals into smaller portions eaten at more frequent intervals. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and should never be skipped.
- Drink plenty of water: Often we snack not because we're hungry but because the body is dehydrated. Water can also boost your energy levels and aid digestion. However, avoid filling your stomach with water before a meal to make you eat less. This can hinder your digestion process and keep your body from receiving its necessary nutrients.
- Cut back on packaged foods: Packaged food is never really all that good for you. In most cases, it is loaded with sugar, sodium, preservatives and artificial flavouring. If you cannot avoid packaged food, pick the one with minimal ingredients.
- Interval training: Spending an hour at the gym is not the only way to exercise. If you cannot find time for a full workout, try interval training. Get off the couch during intervals while watching your favourite soap or take a quick five minute break from your desk to exercise. Regular exercise will also help you sleep better and make you wake up feeling refreshed.