Doctor in ghosh dastidar's clinic
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for ghosh dastidar's clinicYour feedback matters!
While most noise is just in the background for us, loud noises, either in small spurts or prolonged exposure, can cause hearing loss. This has been happening more frequently as the levels of noise in an industrialized society go further up.
Viral fever refers to a wide range of conditions caused by viral infections of the body. These infections lead to an elevation of body temperature, along with a variety of other symptoms such as headaches, body aches, chills and skin rashes. Viral fever can affect people of all age groups and may even be highly contagious if it is not contained and treated.
What causes viral fever?
Viral fever is caused by the infestation of viruses that spread through various avenues. These viruses enter the body and multiply at a specific site, leading to an infection that manifests itself as the symptoms of fever. This fever may be chronic or acute, depending on the nature of the infection and can easily spread from one person to another.
Some of the ways in which viral fever spreads are as follows:
Consumption of contaminated food and water.
Contact with contaminated surfaces.
Contact with infected animals.
The symptoms of viral fever begin to show after an incubation period during which the virus multiplies within the body. The nature and duration of the illness varies from case to case. The most common symptoms of viral fever that accompany high body temperatures include the following:
Redness of the eyes
Inflammation of the throat
A case of viral fever can be quite easily treated if there is an absence of complications. For this, the illness simply needs to be diagnosed early. The use of antibiotics and steroids for treatment is advised against unless the infections have escalated beyond a certain extent. Some of the ways to treat viral fever are:
Prescription of antiviral medication
Adequate bed rest
Ample fluid intake
Administration of nasal decongestants
In most cases, the illness gets treated within the span of a few days. However, if the symptoms persist any longer, it is advisable to consult a specialist to check for underlying problems or complications.
Tonsillitis is a condition, which is characterized by infection of the tonsils in your throat. The tonsils are a pair of lymph nodes that are situated in the throat; its primary function is to protect the body from various infections. Although the disorder can occur at any age, it is majorly common among children. A large number of bacteria or viruses can cause this disorder, but the most serious symptoms occur when it is caused by the streptococcal bacteria.
The first defense mechanism of the body is made up of the tonsils. They synthesize white blood cells which fight against infections. Although tonsils combat these infections, at times, they can fall prey to the same, thus resulting in tonsillitis. Tonsillitis can be caused by both virus and bacteria; however, it is mostly caused by the former. Kids and school going children are very vulnerable to this disorder as they can come in contact with harmful viruses and bacteria very easily.
You will experience symptoms such as a sore throat, bad breath and have difficulty in speaking. Swelling of the tonsils will also make swallowing of food a difficult affair. Other symptoms of tonsillitis are stomach cramps, fever and headaches. The neck and the jaw may also feel tender due to the swollen lymph nodes.
If the symptoms are mild, then it usually does not require any specific treatment. For severe symptoms, antibiotics are prescribed to combat the bacteria that caused the infection in the first place. Chronic cases of this disorder warrant a surgery known as tonsillectomy. This is a surgical procedure to remove the tonsils. In case of dehydration, intravenous fluids are administered.
In addition to these treatment methods, there are certain home remedies that you can follow. The tips you can follow are:
- Keep yourself well hydrated
- Use a humidifier
- Gargle with lukewarm water mixed with salt, regularly
Anemia is a condition where the red blood cell count is reduced due to deficiencies within the system. This is usually caused by a lack of iron, folate and other related nutrients in the diet. Anemia is a major public health concern in India as over 50 percent of women are known to be anemic. This pushes up the mortality rate of young mothers and even children.
Some symptoms of Iron deficiency anemia
Anemia has a wide range of symptoms which varies from person to person. However there are some generic symptoms which can be noticed in most people. Some of these are
1. Pale appearance of skin - Many people exhibit this symptom where their skin appears to be pale as there is a reduced amount of oxy - hemoglobin in the skin.
2. Physical weakness, light headedness and fatigue - This is a general symptom, which many tend to suffer from and complain about. Fatigue and weakness may come in very quickly even with the slightest effort.
3. Hair loss - Many women may complain about hair loss due to Iron deficiency anemia.
Causes of Iron deficiency anemia
The primary cause of Iron deficiency anemia is the lack of iron in the diet which causes the hemoglobin in the blood to be reduced. Some of the patients may still have Iron deficiencyanemia as they have developed gastrointestinal disorders which prevents the absorption of nutrients like iron within the body.
How to treat Iron deficiency anemia
Diet related anemia can be easily cured or controlled with changing diets. Inclusion of certain foods within the diet can easily reverse the Iron deficiencies. Some of the food items that help with deficiencies are:
1. Fortified cereals
2. Green dark leafy vegetables
3. Poultry items
You may also require certain iron supplements if you have certain underlying conditions which is causing issues with iron absorption.
How to prevent Iron deficiency anemia
It is important, especially for women to go for regular checkups to your doctor and also a hemoglobin check up. Your doctor or dietician can tell you to include certain foods in your diet that include folate, iron and vitamin B 12 so that the level of hemoglobin in your blood can be maintained at healthy levels.
Pityriasis rosea is a rash that appears on your skin most commonly between the ages of 10 and 35. It is usually harmless and a pretty common condition. It is also worth noting that pityriasis rosea does not spread from person to person.
The exact causes of pityriasis rosea have not been identified yet. Some doctors claim that it is caused by a virus, bacteria or fungus while others claim that it is caused by an allergic reaction.
There is a fair number of warning signs of the pityriasis rosea rash. The symptoms may differ depending on the patient's general health condition, the climate and the season.
1. Size and appearance at first
When the rash first appears, it will have a raised border. It will be scaly and have a pink patch which will either be round or oval. 2 to 10 cm is the usual size of the patch.
2. Few days or weeks later
1 or 2 cm is the size of many patches on the abdomen, back, chest, legs and arms which now appear. They sometimes spread to the neck but rarely spread to the face.
3. Back patches
The patches on the back are slightly different from the rest. They tend to be angled and look somewhat like a Christmas tree. Sometimes it is itchy but it goes away within 6 to 8 weeks.
1. Apply anti-allergic powder or wash the body with cold water to prevent the rash and itching from worsening
2. Eat a lot of oatmeal and try bath products which have oatmeal in them
3. Hydrocortisone cream is very good for the itchy areas on your body. However, do not use these on the face or pubic areas.
4. Use antihistamines but do not give it to your child without checking with the doctor first.
5. Apply moisturizer regularly
6. Use gentle soaps and avoid deodorant soaps as these worsen the rash and the itching
Diabetes or madhumeha, is a serious disease that affects many people worldwide today. Diabetes, which is referred to as maha-roga is the excess of glucose in the blood. As a result, you cannot consume sweetened food, get excess urges to drink water or urinate. However, Ayurveda has the most effective solutions to control diabetes naturally. Read on to know what best natural medications are there to cure diabetes.
1. Gymnema Sylvestre or Gurmar
It is one of the most effective remedies for diabetes. It is a hypoglycemic component, which makes it ideal for treating diabetes. It helps in reducing dependency on insulin by regeneration of residual beta cells of the pancreas.
2. Coccinia indica
It is another herb which regulates diabetes very well. This plant contains components which, after consumption of carbohydrates, prevent the sudden increase in blood glucose level. It can also prevent any adverse effect on other organs of the body due to diabetes. It is found to reduce oxidative stress amongst diabetes patients by surging the Vitamin-C levels in the plasma and also prevents the fluctuations in fatty acid levels amongst diabetes patients.
3. Azadirachta Indica or neem
It is one of the most common household antiseptics and a wonderful cure for diabetes. It enables high glucose tolerance and also prevents diabetic neuropathy, which may cause severe fatalities.
4. Morus Indica or Mulberry
It is a food that is experimentally proven to reduce diabetes. Daily consumption of mulberry leaves for 15 days at a stretch have been beneficial in limiting approximately 38% of diabetes cases among its consumers. It also protects you against oxidative stress by building the antioxidant defence system of the body and is also known to correct any lipid-profile abnormality. It also delays the possibility of the appearance of cataract as a result of diabetes.
5. Momordica Charantia or bitter gourd
It is another common remedy found in most Indian households. Even though it is extremely bitter in taste, its medicinal properties are exemplary and are extensively used in Ayurvedic medicines. It also targets the beta cells of the pancreas to help boost up insulin secretion by increasing their number. Bitter gourd also helps to release more insulin by way of regeneration of the pancreas.
6. Eugenia Jambolana or Indian Jamun
This Ayurvedic cure reduces blood sugar level and increases the release of insulin. The extract of "jamun" seeds help in the healing of wounds quicker, usually impaired by diabetes.
7. Trigonella Foenum or methi
It is another household ingredient that serves medicinal purposes in case of diabetes patients. Even 1gm of fenugreek seeds could reduce diabetes sharply in a short span of 2 months. This benefit is because of the presence of diosgenin, a compound with hypoglycemic properties.
However, all these medicinal plants should be advisably consumed under proper guidance from professional practitioners only.
PCOS is a disorder characterized by enlarged ovaries and the formation of tiny cysts on the outer sides of the ovaries. Polycystic Ovary is a hormonal condition that stimulates surplus production of androgen in women. Androgen being a “male hormone,” causes development of muscle mass and hair in men, and it has similar effects on women as well when present in high amount. They trigger acne and excessive growth of body hair in women accompanied by irregular or lack of ovulation in the form of absent or erratic menstrual cycle. Hence, owing to troubles in ovulation (release of ovum from the ovary), one may experience difficulties in getting pregnant.
Many women suffering from PCOS are unaffected by the influence of the hormone ‘insulin’, which indicates, that it requires a larger amount of insulin to sustain a normal blood sugar level. High levels of insulin as a result of insulin resistance, in turn drastically boosts androgen production.
Irregular Menstrual Cycle. Women with PCOS may miss periods or have fewer periods (fewer than eight in a year). Or, their periods may come every 21 days or more often. Some women with PCOS stop having menstrual periods.
Excessive hair. Excessive hair on the face, chin, or parts of the body where men usually have hair. This is called "hirsutism." Hirsutism affects up to 70% of women with PCOS.3
Acne. Acne on the face, chest, and upper back
Weight Gain. Weight gain or difficulty losing weight
Skin Darkening. Darkening of skin, particularly along neck creases, in the groin, and underneath breasts
Skin tags. Skin tags, which are small excess flaps of skin in the armpits or neck area
Treatment for PCOS:
The treatment of PCOS is tailored according to an individual's specific problems. Women who desire pregnancy are advised to alter their lifestyle and work towards weight control, dietary regulation and exercise. Some women may require medications to induce ovulation and assisted reproductive techniques in order to conceive. Others may need medications to control their blood sugar or insulin levels. The lifestyle changes of incorporating regular exercise, diet control and weight control need to be continued to reduce the longterm risks of hypertension, diabetes, heart disease and endometrial carcinoma in these women. It is mainly a lifestyle induced disorder and hence the therapy aims at correcting the basic pathology.
Psoriasis is the situation where the people face the problem of huge growth of skin cells which creates troubles. These skin cells will lead it to the plaque-like deposits on the skin. Ayurveda is one of the best and effective ways to treat Psoriasis along with skin diseases.
What is Psoriasis?
Ayurveda terms Psoriasis as one of the dreadful diseases and is known as “Kustha. It stated that this disease is the result of an imbalance in two types of energies that are ‘vata’ and ‘kapha.’
- Vata – The main function of it is control of body functions along with the dryness as well as scaling of the skin.
- Kapha – The main function of this is to grow the body, which also leads to itching along with rapid skin cell growth.
Treating Psoriasis in Ayurvedic process
The main Ayurveda treatment used to treat psoriasis is Panchakarma therapy. Panchakarma treatments use plant-based remedies and dietary changes. These are meant to detox and purify the body. A vegetarian diet is often recommended.
The Panchakarma treatments include:
- consuming medicated ghee, a form of clarified butter
- dripping medicated buttermilk on a person’s head
- purging and vomiting
- covering the entire body in a paste of medicines and mud
- performing medicated enemas
The length and success of your treatment depend on the severity of your psoriasis and your commitment to the treatment.
- Turmeric root helps in to treat the disease when applied to the areas where there is a problem.
- Application of fresh banana leaves also solves the problem.
- Aloe vera is another best topical treatment used for Psoriasis.
- Garlic also helps in healing the disease when applied to the necessary places.
- Guggal is another herb that helps in treating Psoriasis when applied to the affected areas.
- Neem is one of the best solutions for solving the problem and to get rid of it.
- Jasmine flowers needed to be made into the fine paste and applied wherever the problem exists.
Apart from the above treatments, the other things to treat the disease are as follows:
- Meditation is one of the best things for all diseases or disorders.
- Dietary changes are also important to treat Psoriasis condition.
- Persons with Psoriasis need to be clean and take a regular bath along with the application of moisturizers.
The above are the best ways of Ayurveda to treat the Psoriasis along with the skin diseases.
Ayurveda, which is an age-old medicinal practice and has its own influence on the very important and intimate aspect of one's life that is the sex life of a person. Vajikarna, better known as ‘vishwachikitsa’, is one of the specialities in the field of Ayurveda that deals with aphrodisiacs and virility leading to good physique and freedom from impotency. The various herbs of Ayurveda help in curing major sexual problems, such as penile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and sexual exhaustion.
Here are a few reasons why Ayurvedic treatments should be preferred over conventional ones:
- The base of Ayurvedic treatments is all natural: The base of Ayurvedic treatments consists of herbs, plants, fruits and all vegetation growing around you. The usage of all natural elements for treatment of sexual diseases is more promising as they do not cause any side-effects as opposed to the usage of supplements loaded with chemicals which might throw off the hormonal balance of your body.
- Ayurveda stresses on curing the ‘doshas’: The three ‘doshas’ in the body are ‘kapha’, ‘vata’ and ‘pitta’ and Ayurveda focuses on removing these ‘doshas’ along with curing the diseases. Removing these doshas while curing sex diseases is a major benefit of using Ayurveda because it helps you attain a better orgasm.
- Use of Ayurvedic herbs:
- All the medicinal plants used in Ayurveda are devoid of any side effect and help in reversing the side effects of over masturbation by strengthening the nervous system and increasing the blood flow to the penile area.
- Ashwagandha: This herb not only helps in getting rid of the side-effects but also prevents them from resurfacing. As an additional benefit, it helps in increasing the flow of libido, thus, reducing sexual exhaustion.
- Focus on overall well-being: Ayurveda is concerned with the overall physical well-being of the patient across all spheres that is physical, psychological, spiritual and is beneficial to social wellness as well while allopathic treatments rely solely on biochemistry and focus on fixing only one sexual problem at a time.
Heartburn or acid reflex is a burning sensation that is felt in the throat or chest region after the intake of certain foods. While many of us must have felt heartburn once in our lifetime, too many occurrences such as this could be a fair indication of esophageal cancer.
How an acidburn is related to esophagus?
Esophagus is the tube which carries food from the throat to the stomach. In the case of an acid reflux, the acid from the stomach jumps to the esophagus leading to a condition known as the Barrett’s esophagus. This is a condition which replaces the tissue present in the esophagus with a similar kind of tissue found in the lining of the intestine. This being said, Barrett’s esophagus doesn’t necessarily lead to esophageal cancer.
Key symptoms of Esophageal Cancer
Difficulty swallowing is a key symptom of esophageal cancer. This condition is known as dysphasia. As the tumor grows bigger, it becomes more difficult to swallow food. Esophageal pain is also a common symptom reported by many patients. Loss in appetite and an unexplained weight loss are some of the other symptoms of this type of cancer. Although esophageal cancer does not show any visible signs in the early stage, some of the key indicators are chronic couch, indigestion and hoarseness of voice.
Key risk factors:
Some of the key risk factors for this type of cancer are as follows:
- Men tend to run a higher risk of getting this cancer than women.
- Esophageal cancer are often detected in people above the age of 55 or more
- Chronic tobacco users have higher chances of getting esophageal cancer
- Consumption of alcohol increases the risk of esophageal cancer
- Obesity increases the risk of acid flux thereby, leading to esophageal cancer
- Radiation treatment in the abdomen or chest area might also lead to esophageal cancer
How an esophageal cancer is detected?
Primarily there are 3 ways by which this cancer is detected. The first step for an oncologist to detect this cancer is to perform an endoscopy. If this fails, doctors often try a barium swallow on suspected patients and take an X-ray to understand the esophagus lining. If all this fails, doctors rely on a CT scan to detect this cancer.
How is esophageal cancer treated?
If a patient is lucky and the cancer gets detected in a very early stage, the tumor along with the infected cell can be surgically removed. Apart from surgery, some other alternatives are radiation and chemotherapy. A combination of radiation and chemotherapy or a surgery followed by radiation can also be suggested by the doctor. The treatment plan depends on the stage of detection.