Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Underactive Thyroid
Treatment of Hormonal Imbalance
Treatment of Hyperthyroidism
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Male Infertility or Impotency
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Growth Hormone Deficiency
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Treatment of Gestational Diabetes
Submit a review for Dr. Rachna Mazumder ClinicYour feedback matters!
Sir I have gone through certain tests by myself and the results are as under In march 2017 1. Glucose, Random (R)- 110 mg/dL, Creatinine,Serum - 1.13 mg/dl, Uric Acid, Serum - 5.70 mg/dL, then In 19th Aug 2017 1. Glucose, Random (F)- 83 mg/dL, Creatinine,Serum - 1.12 mg/dl, Uric Acid, Serum - 10.10 mg/dL and blood sugar (R)- 96 mh/dL, then I started tablet Feustate-40 for uric acid and taken 20 days and started jogging and more exercise. Again tests on 30/09/2017 1. Glucose, Random (F)- 112 mg/dL, Creatinine,Serum - 1.19 mg/dl, Uric Acid, Serum - 9.70 mg/dL and blood sugar -95 mg/Dl. I surprised to see that just after one month my sugar fasting is more than random. I tested random sugar after taking some cold drink and tea and after 45 minutes. My questions are 1) whether I am diabetic 2) I do lot of exercise whether my creatinine level is out of range and I should take any medication at this stage and why my uric acid increases and controls with medicine. Is there any other method to control it. I do lot of exercise etc. Kindly advise.
Kindly let me know what should be my next action to reduce BP & TSH level based on the following observations. My blood report is as under: T3: 1.06 nmol/l T4: 39.51 nmol/l TSH: 60 microlu/ml HbA1C: 5.6 %Anti-Thyroid PAS: > 1300 Hemoglobin Variant Analysis, Blood: within range USG report of thyroid gland: Multi-nodular Goiter right Thyroid. Both thyroid shows slightly increase in vascularity. After investigation, I am taking medicine: Thyrox 100 for thyroid control Olmezest 40for BP control. Solution sought for the following: My blood pressure always remains around 150--160/ 95-105 Feeling depression due to weakness and high BP.
Diabetes during pregnancy is known as gestational diabetes. It is interesting to note that the chances of getting gestational diabetes, is one of the most common complication of pregnancy. It has increased by almost 40%. Also, gestational diabetes not only affects the health of the mother, but also the health of the baby. What usually happens with gestational diabetes is that the blood sugar level, of both the mother and the baby go above the normal level.
Ayurveda can help treat this disease. Here are the most common Ayurveda remedies for gestational diabetes.
- Gurmaar: Gurmaar, called "The Sugar Killer" is also known as Gymnema sylvestre in medical jargon. Gurmaar also contains gymnemic acid molecules, which are crucial because they have an anti-diabetic effect. They work by combining with glucose molecules, which are in the blood stream. These stop the glucose from entering the bloodstream.
- Karela: Karela is commonly known as bitter gourd and its biological name is Momordica charantia. It has anti-diabetic properties and also contains many other micronutrients, which are crucial in preventing the complications which arise from gestational diabetes.
- Vizaysaar: Vizaysaar comes from the bark of a tree whose biological name is Pterocarpus marsupium. It is very useful for diabetes. If you immerse the wood of Vizaysaar in water overnight and then drink it, your blood sugar levels are expected to fall.
- Saptrangi: Saptrangi is biologically known as Salacia oblonga. Just like Vizaysaar, it is a tree whose bark is immersed in water and then drunk by the patient suffering from diabetes. You will know that the water is ready for drinking when it turns brown, which usually happens overnight. It is also being studied in Western herbal schools in addition to Ayurveda nowadays.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is a holy plant in Hindu mythology and is known as Ocimum sanctum in biological terms. It is worshiped as a holy plant because it has tremendous medicinal properties including treating many types of cancers, cough, cold, sore throat as well as reducing blood sugar.
- Ashwagandha: The medical name for ashwagandha is Withania somnifera. It is another great remedy for diabetes.
Not everyone can conceive a baby easily. The inability to conceive a baby despite having intercourse during the fertile window in a woman’s menstrual cycle for over a year is termed as infertility. Infertility does not affect only the physical health of a woman, but also her mental and emotional well-being as well as the couple’s social health.
In some cases, infertility can be treated with Ayurveda. According to Ayurveda, a couple needs to be both physically and mentally strong and healthy. Ayurveda believes that a lack of nutrition in the shukra dhatu or the person’s reproductive tissue is the cause of infertility. This can be triggered by indigestion, anxiety, depression, insomnia and the presence of toxins in the body. Some of the ways Ayurveda can be used to treat infertility are as follows:
- Eat cool foods: Spicy food can affect the quality of shukra dhatu and lower the quality and quantity of both sperm and ovum. This is because shukra dhatu requires a cool environment to promote fertility. Hence, eat food that is easy to digest and which has a cooling effect on the body. Men can benefit from foods like asparagus, dates and almonds, while foods like quinoa and pineapples can help a woman conceive easily.
- Shirodhara therapy: Shirodhara involves the movement of liquid over the forehead in a rhythmic manner at specific points. This stimulates the hypothalamus, pituitary and pineal glands and aids in the secretion of hormones including follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). When it comes to women, FSH stimulates the ovarian follicles into releasing an egg without which it would be impossible to conceive a child.
- Fight stress: One of the effects of stress is reduced libido. Prolonged exposure to stress is often a major factor that contributes to infertility. When it comes to women, stress makes a woman ovulate less regularly. In men, stress can affect the sperm production and affect testosterone levels. To fight stress, try deep breathing exercises like alom vilom or keep a little time aside each morning for a walk or light exercise.
- Lodhra: This herb is very beneficial in treating women with infertility. It stimulates FSH and luteinising hormones (LH) and lowers the risk of a miscarriage. It also increases chances of conception. Lodhra should be taken twice a day along with honey and milk.
- Lifestyle changes: Ayurveda is not only about herbal medicines but also following the right lifestyle. Bad habits like smoking, drug usage and alcohol not only affect a person’s overall health but also interfere with fertility. Hence, when trying to conceive a child, quit these bad habits and try following a healthier lifestyle that involves following a routine, eating right and exercising regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.