Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Malay Chaterjee's ClinicYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir, we have been feeding two stray kittens since 3 months. Now they are 3 months old. Their stray mother cat too used to come to our house on and off but now she is not coming since her kittens are growing up here. I got scratched by mother cat some time ago, for that I got my self vaccinated full course anti rabies vaccination but after 30 days since my last anti rabies vaccination I again got scratched by kittens'nail. (its pin prick type with little blood coming out) while playing with me. Kitten behaviour is normal but not vaccinated. There is adult male stray cat and other cats roaming around too. Sir should I take anti rabies vaccination again. Am I vulnerable to rabies. Please reply fast. Thank you.
I have a 4 month old sable German Shepherd single coat bitch. As she is growing .she is getting slimmer. What should I gave her to make her healthy?
My pet is 4 months old German Shepherd. She is having tiny red patches below her stomach where there are no hairs. She has taken all vaccinations. What should I do to cure those patches?
I have parakeet budgie, he is very sick and lost serious weight and now he can not even walk, he has swollen abdomen, does not poop well, poop often stick to bottom, and he always stick round the corner of the cage. His digestion is not well? Please suggest solution.
Sir my dog is suffering from itching I had given him avil 50 mg medicine, tactic lotion 25 ml, fluka, furglow But still there is a problem of itching and redness of skin m so worried please suggest some medicine that make him free of all these .he got pus (sinuses) on his back do us help his bladder and leg area get reddish. suggest some effective medicine that give him relief.
I have a 6 months old retriever. He has not been eating food for and 1 week n throwing up in a day or 2 whatever little he eats. He also doesn't drink water. We have taken him to the vet and he has given immune and gutwell powder and artimarin. But he doesn't seem to be recovering. Please help.
My bitch her age is 10 month her breed is german sphep. She left all food evn now she is nt having milk please doctor give me a solution She is having antibiotics which is giving by doctor bcz 28/ 7 /2017 her temp. Was 103 antibiotics are 1. DOXCYLINE HYCLATE & BROMHEXINE HYDROCHLORIDE TABLETS 2. MEFTAL -P.
I have 3 year old female Indian dog. She has problem getting up after sitting and has been walking slower than her usual pace. Vet here gave nurokind pet syrup, calcium supplement and bone builder. Yet I don't see any improvement. It has been three days since this started. Please suggest something.
Like human beings, dogs along with other mammals too suffer from arthritis, particularly when they are aging. Younger dogs can also suffer from arthritic changes which can be painful and uncomfortable for the dog. This pain is caused by different signs and symptoms of arthritis and being aware of those signs can help you access early treatment and recovery.
- Limping on the legs: This is the first sign of arthritis when you see your dog limp on one or more of his legs. Under certain circumstances, the limp is seen to be in its severe state when the dog first rises and then it gradually becomes unnoticeable when the dog warms up.
- Difficulty in moving: The dog may be reluctant in moving or taking part in its favorite activities. It could be something like playing in the backyard or getting inside the car or going up and down the stairs. If this is the case with your dog, then you should not ignore it and look for medical assistance.
- Discomfort in the spinal region: Arthritic alterations may not only occur in the legs of the dog, but also in the several parts of its body. These alterations may result in abnormal posture, sore and swelling of the neck or lameness in the hind legs.
- Tiredness and fatigue: You may have known your dog to be very active, but these days, you see it become tired too easily. For your dogs, this could mean that the walks have shortened and even painful. When plagued by these conditions, your dog would want to spend most of its time resting and sleeping.
- Easily irritated: Arthritic animals, be it a cat or a dog is definite to be irritated very easily. Some of them may even bite or scratch when handled or approached. The condition is even worsened when the pet is handled in a way that triggers its arthritic pain.
- Dying off of the tissues in the muscle: When a dog suffers from arthritis, it may also cause muscle atrophy or dying off of the muscle owing to decreased movement of the muscle and inactivity. When the dog has muscle atrophy, the legs would become thinner than normal legs.
- Licking the affected area: Dogs who are suffering from arthritic pain may develop a habit of biting, chewing and licking the affected area. Even though it is normal to indulge in such activities, it may reach an extent where the area becomes inflamed or there is a loss of hair in those areas in the body.
It is not that your dog would all of these signs if it has arthritis and therefore, you must consult with a reputed veterinarian if you see any of these signs without further delay.
Finally osteoarthritis is a multifactorial disease. Genetic predisposition, inherited skeletal disorders like hip dysplasia, pollution factors inducing free radical damage may make your dog prone to oasteoarthiris. Obesity is a common factor which aggravates the sufferings. Dietary management, physical managements like controlled exercise & swimming, physiotherapy and feed supplements that protect joints & bone structures along with available commercial diets for nourishing those delicate structures may be a good gateway tovprovide your beloved pet a quality life. Consult your Vet.