Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Chittaranjan Khatua's clinicYour feedback matters!
Most people go through the experience of getting up in the morning feeling lousy along with a heavy headedness which lingers on all through the day. You may believe that you are getting cold, but you realize that the medications of the common cold are not able to mitigate your symptoms. That’s because you are being affected with sinusitis which needs comprehensive treatment.
What is sinusitis?
Sinuses are hollow spaces in the body which have their opening in the nose for the exchange of air and mucus, and each sinus is joined with the nasal passage with the help of continuous mucous membrane. This means that anything which leads to a swelling in the nose including an infection or allergic reaction or immune reaction can affect these sinuses. It results in an intense pain of sinus attack as air is prevented from entering into the nasal sinus because of the swollen membrane. It can also lead to other symptoms such as a runny nose along with nasal congestion, tiredness, fever and severe cough.
How to get rid of sinusitis?
Even though there are endless numbers of medications which can help you control the symptoms of sinusitis, you will be surprised to know that it can also be effectively treated through the Unani medicines without any side effects. If you are suffering from acute sinus pain, you can inhale steam with holy basil five to six times a day. You may require this treatment for several weeks to years together as per the level of suffering. Practicing breathing techniques can also aid in draining out pollutants from the sinus cavities.
Besides practicing these effective procedures, it is recommended to see a Unani medicine expert who can evaluate your unique physical condition and set a treatment plan to relieve your condition. This particular system has got its name from a region in Greece called Unan. The system of Unani medicine is based on several kinds of research, and it incorporates a huge number of drugs from notable medical systems like Siddha and Ayurveda.
How does the Unani system of medicine work to treat sinusitis?
According to the Unani system of medicine, it is important to find out the reason behind the ailment to treating the ailment from its roots. A person gets affected by different diseases including sinusitis due to the surrounding conditions. Therefore, it is important to strike a balance between human body and environment. Pollution also makes the body weaker, and medicines bring about a host of unwanted side effects. On the other hand, the medicine aids in collecting the factors which have contributed to causing the disease. The natural forces in the body together with the Unani medicines help in removing the ailments which, in turn, manage the symptoms of sinusitis.
So, if you are suffering from intense sinusitis and no treatment has helped your condition, then you should consider Unani medications without further delay. It would take some time to uproot the condition, but it is possible to get rid of the condition by following the instructions of your expert diligently.
I have sore throat from one month. It started with cold but cold cure in one week. I have sore throat but no cough no cold no runny nose. What should I do?
I have cold and fever for last 2,3 days accompanied by throat pain. The throat pain is only on the right side. Which is very strange to me. It is very hard to swallow anything what should I do.
What is sinus problem? What are the problems faced by sinus infected person? What precaution should sinus infected take?
I am 20 year old male and have pinching pain in throat at left side near adams apple. While swallowing saliva it pains merely in ear and sometimes when I move my neck it also pains. I do not have any throat problem earlier. Have not taken any kind of medicine. This problem persist from last 10 days. I am a smoker also usually smoke 2-3 cigarettes.
Doctor, three days back I developed sore throat. Two days back had fever (100.5) took only one paracetamol and after that body temperature till today (3rd day) is Normal .but I am having joint pains ,heavy legs and very mild cramp .i went MD doc. He did CBP. He told everything is normal. Platelets are adequate, lymphocytes 36% .can this be dengue? I don’t have fever .i have only joint pain in left elbow and legs are heavy.
Hello doctor, I feel too much body imbalance all the time. I feel like dizzy but it's not dizzy. It's only imbalance. Like feeling off balance almost all the time. This is why I even get scared to go out alone. I also have lot of anxiety. I am having these symptoms since 7 years, after I had done crash dieting for about 6 months, I started getting constantly low blood sugar problem. Now my blood sugar is normal. Sometimes when I don't eat anything I feel sweaty and light headed which will be subsided after eating something sweet. The problem is I am overweight and if I workout, after few minutes I feel off balance, and I stop my workout out of fear I might fall down. The same thing happens even if I go for walks outside. So what is the treatment for this? I consulted many doctors near my home, but no one responded properly. Please help me.
I am a 23 year old male. I am on day 4 post tonsillectomy surgery. My throat hurts real bad. I can't even swallow a glass of juice. But of late my back teeth are aching real bad. I have no cavities or had any issues with my teeth before. The aching along with my throat pain kills me. My doctor has prescribed febrex 650 once after breakfast. What kind of painkillers can I use to lessen the pain. Especially during the night I can't even handle the pain as it is at its peak. I'm gargling three times a day with hydrogen peroxide drops in water. Please help. Is this normal. How much time does it take to overcome this isane pain.
I am gaining weight. I am finding very less energy n tired when I tried to do some exercises. Also I am having tonsils from more than 2 years I am having lot of pain in my throat and neck because of that. Also my eye sight also decreased. My legs are also paining when I do some workouts or climb some stairs and I had an accident last year I got one metal plate inside my leg. I am finding it difficult to walk fast.
Therefore, the remedial measures for blocked nose vary, depending on the cause that led to it. Some of the ways by which you can redress this problem are:
- Use a humidifier: Sinusitis is often held responsible for a clogged nose, a condition that is almost always accompanied by severe pain. In such a situation, placing a humidifier in a room proves to be extremely beneficial. This machine treats blocked nose by converting the water to moisture. This fills up the room and significantly increases the humidity of the room. Therefore when you breathe, the humid air soothes the inflamed blood vessels in the nose and helps you to breathe properly.
- Take a hot shower: When you find it difficult to breathe, a quick hot shower can go a long way in curing the discomfort. The logic that operates is the steam generated from the hot shower thins the mucus and also considerably reduces the inflammation in the nose, allowing you to breathe normally.
- Drink lots of water: Though the suggestion may seem incredible, drinking water actually helps in un-blocking that blocked nose. When you drink a lot of water, the mucus in the nostrils is thinned, at the same time it pushes back the accumulated fluids, thereby curbing the condition of blocked nose.
- Using a saline spray: This is one of the most ancient and trusted ways of treating blocked nose. By administering a saline or a nasal spray, the moisture in your nostrils increases and radically diminishes the inflammation.
- Use warm compresses: Using a warm compress has been the most reliable form of medication in times of high temperature and also at times of blocked nose. The compress that was dipped in hot water, when placed on the nose and forehead helps to unblock the nasal passages. The soothing effect of the warm compresses reduces the inflammation and facilitates the process of breathing.
I lost my smelling sense few years back. On consulting an ENT specialist he informed that the nasal nerves are chemically damaged and no scope to recover. Is there any remedy?
4 days ago I had a Laparoscopic transumbilical cholecystectomy I also had general anesthesia I have a very sore throat and it hurts to talk or to swallow I also been spitting little to bit of blood but the doctor said its normal I also have a purple lip why? So for my surgery the surgeon open my entire bellybutton out I have two more incision but my umbilicus incision is bleeding I have stitches in the center and all around my bellybutton and my bellybutton is filed with some type of glue my stomach is bloated like a balloon and feel like my bellybutton is going to pop out.
My one ear is dead due to operate past 20 years ago, and now in my second ear a hole in eardrum, as per Drs. To repair this hole I need to be surgery. Pls advise eardrum surgery is safe and surgery is only way to heal my ear. Pls advise air.
I recently got a bacterial infection and both my tonsils are enlarged. It spread and now I have a cold and my ears are blocking. I'm on antibiotics right now, but will it cure my cold too?
Sinusitis is the tissue inflammation of the membrane lining the sinus. Due to the inflammation, the sinus membrane gets filled with mucus, fluid, waste matter etc. This leaves very little room for air in the sinus membrane. The absence of air blocks the nose. The sense of smell goes away. The forehead might feel heavy as well. The resonance of the voice gets lost and it becomes nasal. In many cases, this leads to nasal discharge and result in a fever as well.
Sinusitis can be chronic or acute. Chronic sinusitis refers to cases where the sinusitis lasts long and does not go away easily. The ones that last for a shorter duration is known as acute sinusitis.
What are the symptoms of chronic sinusitis?
- Heaviness of forehead and nasal blockage
- Loss of shrill in the voice due to lack of air
- Difficulty in breathing from the nose (the mouth is used instead)
- Persistent sneezing
- Persistent headache
- Light pain near the eye and the cheeks
- Due to a recurrent cough, pain might get transferred to the ears
- Tendency to vomit or a feeling of nausea
Homeopathic Standpoint on Chronic Sinusitis
Of all the chronic conditions that could be treated by alternative medicine, chronic sinusitis stands the best chance to be completely cured via homeopathy. The natural course of homeopathic treatment aids in rebuilding the body’s immunity that is essential for curing sinusitis. Although this mode of treatment takes a while to show its effects, it has the capability to completely eradicate the chronicity and the recurrence of sinusitis and provide a long-term solution. Homeopathy does not involve any antibiotics or strong medicines, and it has no side effects or after effects. The homeopathic medicine is mild and tender. It cures the patient from within without any pain whatsoever.
How does the homeopathic medicine work?
There are close to 50 different types of medicines that can treat chronic sinusitis. As soon as the homeopathic medicine is consumed, it affects the respiratory system and mucous membrane. It makes the waste material present in the membrane come out in the form of yellowish discharge. The medicine is suited to those patients who feel lethargic and tired throughout the stint of sinusitis.
What is the time for a complete cure?
Homeopathic medicine might take a while to cure a chronic sinusitis patient. However, the time duration depends upon the extent of blockage of the membrane, frequency of sinus attack, history of nose blockage, general health of the patient etc. Not all medicines click for everyone. Based on the symptoms, general health and fact finding, a homeopathic doctor recommends a medicine. Typically the medicine is advised to be taken thrice or four times a day along with gargling, vapour consumption etc. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Most of the time I hears songs using earphones at Maximum volume. Is there any chance of having any problem?. Sometimes I feels a sudden itching or pain in my ear. I don't know why. My friends said it may be because wax is not cleaned properly. So I didn't take it seriously. Is there any problem or will there be?
Abnormal development of the ear can lead to a lot of complications in the anatomy of the ear such as developmental and hearing problems. It can also give a deformed look to the ear. As such, ear deformity surgery corrects the shape of the ear and facilitates activities inside of it.
Types of ear deformities which can be treated with ear deformity surgery:
- Protruding ears: This is also called prominent ears. This condition is characterized by the ear protruding out from the side of the head. It can stick out more than 2cms from the side portion of the head.
- Constricted ears: This condition is characterized by the rim of the ear getting wrinkled, folded or tight. This condition is also known as ‘lop ear’ disorder.
- Cryptotia: This condition occurs when the framework of the ear cartilage gets partially buried under the skin.
- Microtia: This occurs when the external ear is underdeveloped.
- Anotia: When the ear is totally absent.
- Stahl’s ear: In this condition, the ears are pointy in shape and there is an extra cartilage in the scapha portion (groove or depression of the ear).
- Ear tags: They are also known as branchial cleft remnant or accessory tragus. This disorder consists of extra skin and cartilage in the ear.
- Earlobe deformities: These include duplicate earlobes, earlobes with clefts and skin tags attached to the ear lobe.
- Traumatic ear deformities: Some people have tears, laceration and bite injuries in their ears due to accidents or traumas. It can also be cured with ear deformity surgery.
- Cauliflower ear: Sometimes, an abnormal cartilage might form on the normal cartilage, this gives an abnormal appearance to the ears.
- Ear keloids: This is caused by excessive tissue formation after a minor trauma such as ear piercing.
- Ear hemangiomas: This is a common form of tumor in infancy. It can not only occur on the ears but also on any other parts of the body.
Ear deformity surgery is performed by a team of experts and plastic surgeons. Ear reconstruction can also be performed after an ear deformity surgery.