Submit a review for Bharosha ClinicYour feedback matters!
The contraceptive pill, or simply 'the pill', is a type of hormonal contraception taken by women to prevent pregnancy. Now, even though the birth control pill is extremely effective in preventing unplanned pregnancy, it is not without some side effects. The common side effects of birth control pill include:
- Intermenstrual spotting: Some women experience intermenstrual spotting or bleeding in the time between their menstrual cycles. This is very common in the first three months of you taking the pill. Most of the times, intermenstrual bleeding resolves itself.
- Nausea: Some women might experience mild nausea when they take the pill for the first time. The nausea will resolve on its own after some time, but if it gets critical or persists, seek medical help. Taking your pill at bedtime or with food can aid in countering the nausea.
- Breast tenderness: Breasts can become tender or enlarge as a result of birth control pills. Reducing salt and caffeine intake, and wearing a support bra can be beneficial.
- Headaches: The development of migraines and headaches are the effects of the sex hormones. Different pills with varied doses and types of hormones may lead to different symptoms of headaches. Studies suggest that pills with low hormone doses are usually linked with headaches.
- Weight gain: There is no logical link between weight fluctuations and contraceptive pills, but fluid retention (specifically in the hip and breast areas) and enlarged fat cells are common side-effects.
- Mood changes: Women who may have suffered from depression should consult their doctors when taking the pill. A study discovered that taking pills usually leads to the thickening of the cortexes (outermost layers of the brain involved with analysing incoming stimuli and reward response). However, there is more research pending on this issue.
- Missed periods: Skipping or missing a period is very common when you are on the pill. Factors such as stress, travel, illness and thyroid or hormonal abnormalities can influence this.
- Decreased libido: The pills contain hormones that can lower your sex drive or libido.
- Vaginal discharge: Some women experience differences in their vaginal discharge when they are on the pill. Vaginal lubrication can dip, which causes discomfort during sex.
- Visual changes: Fluid retention is a side-effect of the pill, which even ends up affecting the cornea; they change shape or swell up.
Premature ejaculation can be cured easily, if identified at an early stage and all it requires is the complete cooperation from the person affected. As this is a delicate condition for any person to talk freely or openly about their sexual problem with others. But an open mind and real intention to overcome this issue is much essential criteria to cure the premature ejaculation for any men. Though the causes differ from one individual to other the remedial measures can be utilized by all.
Top five methods to cure premature ejaculation
- Squeeze method: Squeeze is a simple and effective method to treat premature ejaculation. The tip of the penis is held tightly when the person gets the feel to ejaculation with slight pressure so as to create the closure of the urethral opening from expelling the semen. Regular practicing of this method cause to extent the time of ejaculation gradually.
- Start and stop method: In this method the stop acts as a reference for the sexual act when the person feels the temptation to ejaculate. They are advised to divert them self with any other topic like sports and give a pause to sexual desires. This helps to retain your ejaculation and increases the withholding capacity of the individual.
- Exercises: Kegel’s exercise helps to strengthen the perineal muscles and increases the capacity of the muscle to sustain the erection and hold the semen for long duration of time. Any exercise that works on the perineal muscles is helpful to cure premature ejaculation.
- Diet and life style changes: Healthy food habit is much essential for healthy living. Increase the intake of milk, nuts, cereals, fishes that are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and bananas as they are responsible for increasing the sex hormone level in your body. Life style changes include quitting smoking, alcohol and narcotic drug abuse. Daily regular exercise for at least 30 minutes helps to keep physically fit and active.
- Trying different position: Change in the regular position with different other positions like female superior, doggy style, knees position and side to side position are best helpful for premature ejaculation. This position causes minimal strain over the penis and thereby delays the ejaculation of the semen.
How to grow my penis. How much alcohol can someone over 50 safely drink, and does our tolerance change with aging?
Vaginal discharge or odor is one of the most common conditions in women, yet the least talked about or taken help for. It is of vital importance that more and more women become aware of the condition and stop neglecting it. It is this neglect towards the condition that leads to some ancillary side effects and the increase in the complexity of the situation. Before things take a turn for the bad, it is imperative that you take help from concerned medical specialists and fight the condition during its initial days itself.
Why consult a specialist?
Treating the condition as soon as you notice it leads you to stem other diseases and infections that may be caused as a side effect. Also, vaginal discharge and foul odor can become not only the cause of discomfort for your day to day life, but also a great hindrance in your private life. Don’t let a curable condition hamper your personal life and most importantly your conjugal life. Visiting a doctor will help you get rid of both the excessive discharge and foul order. All you have to do is shred that mental neglect and confining attitude, step out of the home and make way to the doctor’s clinic.
What causes vaginal discharge?
Some of the most common causes of vaginal discharge include-
- Yeast Infection: Vaginal yeast infection is by far the most common cause of vaginal discharge. This relatively common condition is caused by fungus. This factor is characterised by itchiness, irritation and swelling.
- Urethritis: Another cause influencing excessing vaginal discharge includes Urethritis. This condition is influenced by the inflammation and irritation in the tube carrying urine, also referred to as the urethra.
- Gonorrhea: Gonorrhea is an alarming cause of vaginal discharge. This disease is sexually transmitted and affects warm and wet areas of the body.
Other causes of vaginal discharge include pregnancy, anxiety, cervix inflammation, cervical cancer or history of the same.
Causes of vaginal foul odor:
Some of the most common causes of vaginal odor are-
- Infection: Fungal infection is a major cause of vaginal odor.
- Sweat: Accumulation of sweat in wet and humid areas of the body leads to a certain amount of odor. The same goes for the vagina.
- Hormonal change: Change in hormone and discharges also lead to a foul-smelling vagina.
- Overused tampon: Using a tampon for a longer period than prescribed can also lead to accumulation of periodical blood and bacteria, leading to foul smell from the vagina.
Treating vaginal discharge and foul odor:
In case that vaginal discharge and a foul odor is becoming a major concern in your life and making things uncomfortable for you, it is the time that you make your way to a medical specialist. Other preventive practices often suggested by doctors include- wearing loose clothes, not wearing a tampon for a long time, losing weight, consulting a doctor before starting a specific treatment or medication, etc.
I am 48 years man and I am facing problem of erectile dysfunction since last one year. Please advise me the correct solution. Thanks.
SIr I am addicted to masturbation. I do masturbation daily i.e. Once in a day or 7 times in week from last 2 years. Can it bring any harmful effect on my body. How can I get rid from it. I am not feeling any kind of bad effect on my body except under eye dark circle. Tell me is it good or bad for body. Does it affect my sexual life after marriage.
There is swelling in my testis since 3-4 month there is no pain but its size increase how can it cure which medicine is helpful for it.
Pregnancy can wreak havoc in your body; be it your hormones overflowing or the constant crying of your newborn that makes you agitated after a point of time. Your baby will probably be your top priority in times like these but maybe, you can put yourself on the list as well once in a while because carrying a human inside isn’t a very easy task.
On the off chance that you suffered a vaginal tear or an episiotomy while delivering, the injury may sting for a couple of weeks. Broad tears may take more time to heal. Meanwhile, you can promote healing by:
- In case of sitting becoming uncomfortable, try sitting on a cushion or cushioned ring.
- Utilize a squeezer-bottle in order to pour lukewarm water over the vulva while you're urinating. Press a cleansed washcloth immovably against the injury when you hunker down for passing stool.
- Cool the injury using an ice compress, or place a cool witch hazel cushion between the wound and a clean sanitary napkin.
- Take stool softeners or analgesics as prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- For treatment of episiotomy wound in 1st week - betadine wash should be used 3-4 times a day.
While you're recovering, anticipate that the uneasiness will gradually reduce. Contact your doctor if the pain increases; the injury gets swollen, hot and excruciating; or if you notice a discharge with pus.
Vaginal discharge (lochia) might be a problem for several weeks post-delivery. Expect a red, overwhelming stream of blood for the initial few days. The release will continuously decrease, getting to be watery and changing from pink or chestnut to yellow and finally white. Contact your doctor if:
- You have substantial vaginal drying
- The discharge has a foul scent
- You have a temperature of 100.4 F (38 C) or more
You may feel contractions for the initial few days post-delivery. These constrictions, which frequently seem like menstrual cramps help in preventing excess bleeding by compressing the vessels. These contractions have a tendency to get more intense with subsequent deliveries. Your healthcare supplier may suggest an OTC pain reliever as well. Contact your healthcare personnel in the event of fever or if the stomach area is tender to your touch. These symptoms and side effects could show a uterine disease.
Our everyday activities, our daily routine plays an important role in determining our health. Simple lifestyle changes can easily lead to a better sex life. Not only do these changes lead to a better sex life, but also contribute towards the performance and stamina exhibited in bed.
Here are some points on to improve sex life by choosing these simple lifestyle changes:
1. Healthy diet: Eating right and eating healthy effects how one performs in bed. A lack of stamina while sex in many women and men might just be a signal that something is not correct with their health. Eating a diet loaded with fiber, vegetables, fruit, and lean meat lead to a healthy lifestyle. Right amount of carbohydrates and proteins are required and cholesterol and fats should be avoided. These tend to choke the arteries and in turn affect the blood flow down below.
2. Regular exercises: Doing exercises regularly tends to pump up the heart which in turn enhance the blood flow in and around the genitals. Exercising also provides stamina and energy. The most important benefit of exercising is that it enhances the body image there by leading to a confident person.
3. No stress: Stress is unavoidable but one can make a conscious effort to relive themselves of the same. If a person is stress it becomes hard to focus on sex and in turn affects the blood flow. Reading a book, taking a break, rest, and a massage are just few ways by which one can get rid of stress.
4. Kegel Exercises: This exercise is not just for pregnant women but also for people who want to boost their sex life. In this one has to contract and relax the muscles of the pelvic floor in the similar manner when one stops urine. This exercise strengthens the muscles and controls the orgasm.
5. Supplements: Sometimes what we eat is not enough to supply the body with the required nutrients, thus supplements are required to nurture the body with the required nutrients. Supplements are often believed to keep the body healthy.
Who says it is difficult to improve your sex life. With these simple points one can try and follow them to improve the sex life along with increased stamina in bed.
My self narsing from Hyderabad I'm 23 years old married when I met romance with my wife she's suffering from vaginal pain's .When I inserted my pennis why she's suffering this cause can you please helping me this. and when I inserted I'm dropping very soon why bcoz this problem may I know the your best suggestion. Thankyou Narsingrao.
Im 26 male. I want to have sex with my girlfriend. She does not like it. Will viagra helps to bring interest on sex? Tell me advantages and disadvantages?
Dear Sir, Can regular nightfall made some one lean and thin. What are the effects of regular nightfall on physique?
Penis fracture is a condition where an erect penis suffers a fracture. An erect penis is filled with blood, in this condition, if it is bent forcefully or suddenly, it can suffer a fracture. The penis consists of two large cylinders and one smaller cylinder. During erection blood rushes to the two larger cylinders inflating them, thus turning the penis hard and erect. In this state, if it faces a sudden force, it can cause damage to the penis.
The symptoms of penis fracture are:
- Loss of erection almost immediately
- Feeling of pain in the affected area
- Bruising of the area
- A popping or cracking sound in case of sudden trauma
- In some cases the urethra can get damaged, causing blood to come out of it.
In case of penis fracture, one should seek medical advice immediately. If the condition is not treated then it can result in severe complications. A physical examination followed by MRI or urethrogram are used to diagnose the problem. Surgery is mostly recommended to repair the penis after the diagnosis and it should not be delayed for long. In case the surgery is delayed, scarring occurs and it can result in erectile dysfunction.
Disorders be it physical or psychological can affect anyone, irrespective of thier age. However, there are certain issues, which can dampen you relation with your partner and can negetively impact your relationship. Premature ejaculation (PE), also referred to as rapid ejaculation, is the most common type of sexual dysfunction in men younger than 40 years and seen across all age groups. In elderly men (>60 years) erectile dysfunction is more common. A study conducted by the Journal of Sexual Medicine revealed that this condition is almost equally prevalent in sexually active men of all age groups. If a man experiences uncontrollable ejaculation (discharge of semen from penis) either before or shortly after sexual penetration (usually within 1-2 minutes of penetration), he may be suffering from PE.
Types of premature ejaculation:
Premature ejaculation can be Acquired (recent) or Chronic (lifelong).
- Acquired PE: Acquired (recent) premature ejaculation means that the condition began in an individual who previously experienced an acceptable level of ejaculatory control and only recently has developed the problem.
- Chronic PE: In chronic (lifelong) premature ejaculation, the person has been experiencing premature ejaculation since he became sexually active (ie, post puberty).
How to diagnose PE:
The specific criteria for premature (early) ejaculation are as follows:
- In almost 75-100% sexual activity, the experience of ejaculation occurring during sexual intercourse within 1 minute after vaginal penetration and before the individual wishes it.
- The problem has persisted for at least 6 months and is a cause of mental stress to the person.
- The dysfunction cannot be better explained by any other nonsexual mental disorder, any medical disease, the effects of a drug or medication, etc.
Severity of PE:
The severity of premature (early) ejaculation is broadly defined as follows:
- Mild: Occurring within approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute of vaginal penetration.
- Moderate: Occurring within approximately 15-30 seconds of vaginal penetration.
- Severe: Occurring even before sexual activity, at the start of sexual activity, or within approximately 15 seconds of vaginal penetration. In such cases, conception will not be possible unless artificial insemination is used.
Stress can take a toll on your health in more ways than one; and your sexual health is greatly and adversely impacted by stress. Stress can take a toll on the emotional relationship you share with your partner and also your own physical health, thus resulting in a hampered sex life.
Stress and Our Libido:
By now, we know that hormones affect our bodies in numerous ways from childhood to adolescence, pregnancy, menopause and beyond. Cortisol is one of the hormones produced by stress, and you might have heard of it if you’ve ever seen those late night diet pill commercials with the image of the pixelated woman gaining weight in her abdomen. Our bodies need this hormone, but in small doses for short bursts of time. If elevated levels of Cortisol are being produced for a prolonged period of time, they suppress our sex hormones. Lower quantity of sex hormones equals lower libido.
Impact of Stress on Sex-
- Stress takes a toll on libido
- Low levels of libido imply lesser secretion of sex hormones, thus, affecting your sex life.
- Stress can interfere with your fertility, ovulation and sperm count.
- Stress can cause a shift in the hormones. In women, the change in hormones manifests in the form of an irregular ovulatory cycle.
How to rejuvenate your sex life?
- Communicate your feelings:Many-a-times, Many-a-times, communicating and sharing your feelings, desires and anxiety with your partner might be all that you need to rejuvenate your sex life.
- Regular exercise and proper sleep:20-30 20-30 minutes of body workout or a session of yoga every day helps you to de-stress. A proper eight-hour sleep cycle will also go a long way in de-stressing you.
- Supplements to boost your libido and energy:Taking Taking multivitamins, minerals, zinc and other supplements helps to boost your energy levels and libido, thus allowing you to enjoy your sex life to the fullest.
- Set the mood correctly:Set Set the right mood before your intimate sessions; with some soothing music, aromatic fragrance and dim lights. This can and will enhance your sex life by promoting relaxation, happiness and overall emotional wellbeing.