Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Apollo Gleneagles HospitalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Today my wife did lot of walking as she is 4 months pregnant, while she was walking she was getting pain in her stomach ; shall I consult a doctor. Please suggest. One more question pregnant woman can chew chEwing gums ,please advice thanks.
8th month preg. Doctor given me iron injection. Can I take iron now. After injection. Please tell me.
I suffering from irregular periods from last six months it's goes late 1 or 2 month and also lot of hair fall. Dr. last time suggested me to deviry tablet. I'm using this tablet last 4 days but not yet any results happens.
I went for some tests as prescribed by aiims doctor for finding out hormonal imbalances for gynecomastia symptom. All parameters are underlying in normal range except below 3 parameters: albumin: 5.3g/dl (normal range 3.5-5.0) globulin: 1.8g/dl (normal range 2.0-3.5) TSH: 4.67uIU/ml (normal range 0.27-4.2) doctor is saying even above parameters are normal and I needn't worry about them. Please give your opinions as well. Thank you.
I have an protected sex this month. But she is vomiting. And her periods date is 29. Does she pregnant. Tell me one thing more that after how many days preganews work. After having sex.
I want to know how can I avoid pregnancy without using condom. Is there any medicine which I or my wife can take before having sex to avoid pregnancy?
I had sex last month. After that I had my regular periods. Are there any chances of pregnancy? Please reply soon.
In 1 month pregnancy my doctor suggested Rantac twice a day. Can I use Pan D twice as it is more powerful.
I had protected sex on 13 march and I got my periods on 19 march. Now periods are delayed. I did pelvis usg and reports said that you have bilateral polycystic ovarian changes. Doctor asked me to do blood test like glucose, s.tsh, s.prolactin. I had regestrone tablets twice a day for three days coz I wanted my periods to come. I did not had any sex after last periods. I did upt too on the 8th day of missed period and it is negative. How and when will I get my periods? Please say.
Hello Dr, im 5 months pregnant. I have 2 queries. 1. Im getting very bad cravings for potatoes so Can I have 1-2 potatoes daily. Will it harm my baby? 2. Can I eat muskmelon seeds?
Hi Doctor, I am 37 year old male and we are trying for second children, so we consulting maternity doctor in my nearest area. They gave some test, check and prescribed some tablets, now we are taking regularly. Last we went for normal check-up and doctor prescribed the Duphaston tablet for my wife. Please tell me the Duphaston role and any side effect and its compulsory to take. Please advise.
I had sex with my girl friend for 3 days. After 2 days of unprotected sex she took unwanted 72 pill. Again on 3rd day we had unprotected sex for which she again took unwanted 72. Are there any chances that she might get pregnant? Will there be any adverse effect of 2 pills taken in 3 days. Pls suggest measures that she should take. She is really worried.
Motherhood is a life transforming phase that all women look forward to. With the conception of a baby, a number of physiological and psychological changes take place within the mother’s body. Soon there will be a number of restrictions in the kind of food a mother a can consume, the activities that a mother can perform, the way she sleeps or sits. These restrictions are put so as to allow the baby to grow and develop safely. The restrictions prevent injuries and accidents that can be quite fatal to both mother and child.
Sitting Postures You Must Avoid
Do not sit straight on the edge of the chair. Provide a support to your back.
Do not sit in a way that pressurises only one side of your hips. Evenly distribute your weight when sitting down. Be comfortable.
Do not sit at the same place and in the same position for extended time periods.
Do not twist from your waist when you are sitting on a rotating chair. Instead, slowly move the chair along with your entire body to turn around.
Standing Postures You Must Avoid
Avoid standing with your pelvis tilted forward or backward. You must stand straight with your stomach held in and up as much as possible.
You must not slouch while standing.
Do not stand in the same position for an extended period of time.
Do not put your weight on one foot. Shift weight occasionally if your feet are hurting, but make sure to evenly distribute the weight.
Do not bend too much backwards or forwards.
Do not keep your head tilted down or sideways when you are standing. Look up, look straight.
Sleeping Postures You Must Avoid
Lying on your stomach
Sleeping with pillows under your shoulders. Pillows should only support your head.
Do not sleep all curled up. Relax your feet and hands to allow the blood circulation to continue smoothly.
Do not jerk up from your lying position. Turn to the side, swing your legs down to the side of the bed slowly and sit up using the support of your hands.
Activities You Must Avoid
Hard core gyming
Intense aerobics that include a lot of jumping
Lifting heavy weighted objects
- Travelling by public transport on a jerky road.
If you wish to discuss about any spIfecific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My prolactin is 190 and TSH level is 6.6. I was under medication but when stopped taking cabergoline my prolactin level again increased. I got the tests done this week itself. Please suggest if there is any possibility of getting pregnant in my case.
Can TB be cured? Can it be affected once it got cured? How many months tablets to be taken to get complete cured. I am Married and my spouse effected by me, can I have sex during TB treatment is on process.
We had unprotected sex, and she took ipill within 8 hours and now after 7 days she is getting little bleeding. Is she pregnant? Is dat continue for NXT days ?and her normal periods dat was 17 ,can we expect the next period date. please help us.
A birth control pill is commonly referred to as an oral contraceptive pill. A form of hormonal contraception and is a highly effective method of birth control. Only 1% of women experience unintended pregnancy when on the pill.
Birth control pills are of two types i.e combination pills and mini pills. Combination pills contain synthetic forms of the two hormones called oestrogen and progesterone. The mini pill only contains the hormone progesterone and is called progestin.
However, the pill does have some side effects to it. These include the following:
- Intermenstrual spotting: Within the first three months of starting the pill, women experience vaginal bleeding between the two period cycles.
- Nausea: Although the symptoms subside after some time, some women till experience nausea for a while after taking the pill. If one consumes the pill with food or before going to bed, this can help lower the likelihood of feeling nauseous.
- Breast tenderness: The breasts might feel tender and enlarged after taking the pill. However, anyone who finds a lump in the breast or feels continuous pain needs to seek medical help.
- Headaches: Migraines and headaches are a very common phenomenon of the birth control pill. Different types and doses of these pills may result in different headache symptoms.
- Gaining weight: Experiencing certain fluid retention in the hip or breast area is very common. It also affects the fat cells of the body because of the oestrogen present in the pills.
- Mood swings: Those with a history of stress or depression might start to feel the same again. If one has that kind of a history and starts to feel emotional changes, she should consult a doctor immediately.
- Missing periods: It is a common side effect that after using the pill, one's period might get skipped. This is influenced by several factors including stress, depression or thyroid dysfunctions.
- Decreased libido: The sex drive can be widely affected by the birth control pill. Although many other factors could result in a decreased libido, but if it remains after having the pill and is persistent, one should seek medical help or consult a specialist.
- Vaginal discharge: There could be an increase or a decrease in the vaginal lubrication. Some people might experience vaginal discharge since it is very common. Changes in vaginal discharge never turn out to be harmful.
- Changes in the vision: Fluid retention due to the birth control pill can result in the swelling of corneas. Because of this, even contact lenses do not fit comfortably. Contact lens wearers should consult an ophthalmologist if their vision or lens tolerance is disturbed.
Although there are certain side effects to taking birth control pills; however, one should not abstain from taking them in the fear that they might cause certain side effects. These pills are a precautionary measure along with other protection methods and should be taken in case someone wants to avoid pregnancy at the time being.