Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in kurundwad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi Chand BairwaYour feedback matters!
I'm suffering from headache once in a day? I fear why? Everyone is saying you may got migraine disease?
I was diagnosed with hydrocephalus. Post operation and having a shunt added, I recovered. I drank alcohol, about a pint. And have been suffering with the uneasiness and lack of awareness, alertness, as it was before I got operated. Although the CT scan shows no damage, I want to get rid of this constant feeling of a hangover. Please help.
Migraine is a type of headache which can occur in varied intensities; the pain resulting from a migraine is pulsating and throbbing. This sort of a headache is usually accompanied by extreme sensitivity to sounds and light as well as severe nausea. One feature that significantly differentiates between migraine and any other type of headache is that the headache resulting from migraines usually develops on any one side of the head.
Causes of Migraine-
The exact cause behind migraine is yet to be fully understood. Migraines are thought to be a result of combination of genetic and environmental factors.In majority of cases, migraines tend to run in families . There are few well known trigger factors for migraine. These are – stress, exertion, gastric disturbances, eating heavy food stuff, taking alcoholic drinks, coffee intake, hormone changes in females.
Symptoms of Migraine-
The most characteristic symptom of migraine is one sided headache mostly of violent, throbbing and pulsating in nature. The accompanying symptoms include nausea, vomiting, blurring of vision, flashes of light before eyes, double vision, light/sound sensitivity, confusion and weakness.
Homeopathic Treatment for Migraine Headaches-
Conventional mode of treatment only gives temporary relief in migraine cases. While homeopathic relief for migraine promises a permanent cure for headaches. Homeopathic medicines treat the person as a whole and try to eradicate the tendency towards a particular disease. Homeopathic treatment for migraine is done in two phases. In first phase, the homeopathic medicines aims to reduce the intensity and frequency of migraine attacks. In second phase. homeopathic medicines works to eradicate the chronic tendency to migraines. Some of the commonly used homeopathic treatments for migraines have been discussed below:
- Glonoine: This can be a very effective remedy if the symptoms include redness of the skin and a sensation of rush of blood to the head. The pain in the head is usually aggravated when you are out in the sun.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is the most effective remedy for migraines if you experience symptoms of a throbbing headache in parts of your head. The pain tends to worsen by sudden movements, sound or light.
- Natrum muriaticum: Migraines that are caused by mental stress or grief are very effectively treated by Natrum muriaticum. These headaches may be accompanied by temporary loss of vision. These symptoms tend to aggravate during the day.
- Sanguinaria: This remedy is effective in treating any pain that starts on the right side of the head and spreads to the right eye. Usually, the veins around the sides of the head tend to become enlarged.
- Warning:Never treat yourself for migraine problems. Any form of migraine is complex and treatment needs to be supervised by an experienced health practitioner.
My mother is sugar patient and she is suffering from a nerve pain at her wrist, we did everything but cant stop the pain, please help. Her age is 46.
Seizure - Sudden surge in electrical activity of the brain; which affects how a person looks or behaves for a short time.
Epilepsy - Two or more seizures separated by a time duration of 24 hours, with reversible causes of seizures having been ruled out.
Be Calm -
- You must be calm. Reassure People.
- Place a soft object below the head.
- Be Reassuring and friendly as the person recovers.
- Ensure that the person does not hurt themselves by removing objects that may injury them.
- Always time every attack. The time beginning of the attack until the person regains composure and awareness.
If fallen - Position
- Turn the person gently to one side - Recovery Position. This will ensure airway remains patent and prevent aspiration.
Never to do
- DO NOT hold the person down or try to stop the movements.
- DO NOT try to force open the mouth or insert hard objects like wooden sticks, spoons or finger, as this will increase injury to you and the patient.
Once Person recovers, offer him help to reach his residence or hospital, if he seems confused and dazed. Be Reassuring and Friendly as person recovers.
- Epilepsy Foundation
- Indian Epilepsy Centre
My mother is 69 yrs. Sagittal images of limbo sacral spine were obtained on body coil. She also has mild diffuse disc bulge and has numbness/ pain in her right leg. Please suggest what could be the solution.
A common neurological syndrome, Migraine is characterized by altered bodily perceptions, severe pounding headaches, nausea and irritability. This pounding or pain usually begins in the forehead, the side of the head or around the eyes and gradually gets worse. Bright lights or loud noises can worsen the condition. The headache can last for two hours or even up to two or three days.
Change in weather conditions, missing a meal, stress, alcohol and certain types of food items are considered to be common causative factors of Migraine. About 50% of women claim that their menstrual periods happen to be a significant trigger. Additionally, allergic reactions, exposure to loud noises or certain odors, smoking, or long exposures to computer screens/televisions could lead to Migraine attacks.
Nausea and vomiting
Depression or euphoria
Craving for certain food items
Constipation or diarrhoea
Stiff muscles (especially in the neck)
The traditional science of Ayurveda does not regard Migraine as a case of prolonged headaches. On the contrary, it considers this condition to be caused by deep-rooted problems, including a sensitive nervous system and impaired digestion.
Improper diet and lifestyle causes aggravation of Pitta (Ayurvedic humor representing Fire) in the body. In an aggravated state, Pitta impairs digestion, leading to production of digestive impurities (known as ama). This ama gets stored in the manovahi strotas (mind channels), thereby becoming the cause for pains in migraine.
A sensitive nervous system lowers the ojas (energy) in the body. Ojas is the essence of all body tissues and provides strength to the nervous system and body. If you have a strong nervous system, you are able to fight against problems and carry on with your work with a healthy mind. Lowering of ojas causes migraine-like problems.
Ayurvedic treatment of Migraine therefore is centered on the pacification of Pitta Dosha, and restoration of digestive function in the body. Nervine tonics are also recommended to enhance the ojas, relax the mind and give strength to the nervous system.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
Avoid hot, spicy foods, fermented foods, white sugar, white flour products, and sour or citrus fruits, because they aggravate the Pitta in your body.
Drink more water and eat more fiber, fruits and vegetables, and whole grains.
Avoid excessive sugar or salt, refined foods, animal products (meats and dairy), caffeine, tea, and alcohol, as these items will further lead to aggravation of Pitta.
Avoid direct exposure to the sun, as migraine headaches are predominantly a Pitta disorder and can be triggered by the hot sun.
Head massage with Bhringraj Oil is also beneficial. This massage gives a calming effect to your nervous system.
Headaches caused due to tension and worry can be alleviated through deep breathing and relaxation, especially in a lying down position in a quiet place. Inverted postures, or those where the head is lowered briefly, increase oxygen to the brain and can reduce headache-causing strain.
If there is a burning sensation with you migraine headache, apply a paste of ground clay or sandalwood powder mixed with rose water.
In case of migraine headache due to inflamed sinuses, inhale steam with vinegar added to the water.
Mix ¼ teaspoon of clove powder with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this paste on the affected area for 20-30 minutes.
I am having trouble with migraine and I have tried and taken a lots of pills but nothing happened, please tell me a permanent solution.
My mom is suffering from parkinson. Is this a severe illness. What is d best cure for parkinson. She is been medicined from past 3 years for this disease. What are precautions to be taken for her. Please suggest me as I love her more than anybody in this world.
Hi, i'm 18 year old from last fours months i'm sick my symptoms changes time after time fifteen days back I was feeling 2) nervousness in whole body specially heart and stomach 3) insomnia 4) dry mouth 5) health anxiety 6) i'm feeling my mind blank 7) feeling of getting crazy 8) heavyness on head 9) drowsiness 10) nausea 11) heart palpitations 12) muscle tension 13) restlessness 14) dizziness 15) always one thought remain in mind that when I will fine always thinking about health after than I got fine for 7 days now from last four days i'm feeling i'm feeling 1) heavyness on my head 2) excessive dizziness 3) excessive drowsiness, 4excessive nervousness 5, disbalanced, 6) excessive tiredness, 7) something like deafness in my ear 8 worried, 8) feeling of my mind getting blank 9) dis orientation, 10) difficult in concentrate on a past event 11) memory disturbing 12) health anxiety this all from last four months my signs and synptoms changes time after time I consult many physican but nothing improve i'm unable to understand what happens to me please suggest me what to do I take these medicine in past I take these medicine I take 1) etizolam 2) para cr (paroxentine) 3) riser 4) escitalopram (cipralex) 5) propanolol please suggested me what to do? help me.
I m patient of migraine. And using sibalium 5mg daily one tablet in night.m OK with this.but up to when u have to use this tablet.bcoz as I stop using tablet. I get problem of migrane
I am 54 year old female. Post dengue after 2nd November was getting numbness in hand. Taken anti inflammatory tabs but the pain is in the knees, wrists, shoulders and swelling on feet. Cannot walk well and rigidity in knee and fingers. Was told by Dr. it is viral arthritis post dengue. Was tested for RA and count is 7. Pls advice.
I remove my wisdom tooth but after 2 days I have Numbness in my tongue is that any complication Behind this what's the treatment how long the time will take to recover from the last 20 days of removing the wisdom tooth its not quite regular but on or off only small space of the tongue.
I am 30 year old. I am having migraine. I took so much medicine but not relief. I urge you please suggest me effective way.
My uncle is suffering from brain TB from 24th dec 2014 today he is well but he cannot speak properly and he is not able to stand also. So how long it take to recover from this disease.
Depression is a clinical, mental and emotional condition that may give rise to feelings of hopelessness and chronic sadness. It slows down the way people process everyday activities and leads the patient to a sense of constant gloom and doom. It is a disabling mental condition as per who and may be caused due to reasons like genetics, changes in the balance of hormones, stress, grief, trauma and prolonged, chronic physical ailments.
Symptoms of depression are:
- Sleep irregularity: It relates to either insomnia or oversleeping that is, either you sleep too much or do not sleep at all. This could be because of work or other stress in your personal or professional life.
- Irritation or unnecessarily getting angry: You start losing your temper easily and that too for silly reasons. You think you are losing control.
- Feeling hopeless and sad: The first signal or symptom is the feeling of hopelessness. In this, case the patient loses the hope in everything. They feel like being trapped in some kind of cage, from which they are not able to come out.
- Lack of interest in anything: Everything seems to be of no use or interest, even your daily work. You don't want to do anything; even the things, which you loved to do like your hobbies and passions, which you no longer find interesting.
Here is a comprehensive list of homeopathic medicines which most doctors are likely to recommend for treating depression:
- Sepia: This medicine is beneficial to women suffering from post-partum depression (sadness or emotional conflict after giving birth) and menopause. Feeling of solitude and hopelessness with no energy to continue with life are some common symptoms that can be reduced with Sepia.
- Arsenicum album: This medicine is prescribed to control the symptoms like diarrhea, gastric problems, indigestion which patients often suffer from as a result of intense anxiety. Patients, appropriate for this medicine tend to be fastidious and restless. It is made of white arsenic and should be taken in prescribed potency because an overdose can cause gastroenteritis.
The above mentioned medicines are just some of the medicines, which should only be taken only after consulting your doctor, as causes and symptoms differ for each person.