Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Kolhapur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Kumbhar AvinashYour feedback matters!
One single kidney in place of two is a scenario which is often termed as solitary kidney.
Who has a solitary kidney?
- Their body functions normally and are generally not unhealthy. This is also known as renal agenesis.
- In some cases, people are born with two kidneys with just one of them healthy and fully functional. The other one does not function fully or partially. This condition is known as kidney dysplasia.
- A person who had to undergo a kidney removal surgery (nephrectomy); such a surgery is conducted when a person has an infected kidney or diseased, malfunctioning/cancerous growths on the kidney.
- A person who has donated a kidney to someone who required kidney transplantation.
What potential health risks does a person with a solitary kidney have?
- Normally, a person born with a single kidney does not have any such potential health risks. They are generally healthy and lead normal lives.
- Later in life, there may or may not be slight loss or degradation in the functioning of the kidney.
- The life span of a person with a single kidney is normal. There is no apparent effect on the mortality rates.
What kind of special diet must a person with a single kidney follow?
- There is no need of any such special diet for a person with a single kidney.
- Normal healthy balanced diet with all the essential nutrients should suffice.
- You must be careful about your animal protein intake and calcium supplements.
- Drink sufficient quantity of water to remain hydrated all day and prevent the urine from turning acidic.
- Controlled consumption of alcohol and caffeine is a must. It is also important to reduce the consumption of aerated drinks.
Exercises and Physical activities for a person with a single kidney:
- A person with a solitary kidney can function like any other normal individual.
- You may also participate in sports. However, you must take enough precaution to prevent injuries to your kidney. Proper padding and protection around your lower abdominal region and back is of utmost necessity.
- You can hit the gym, run a marathon and nothing is impossible for you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
Hello. On next week I'm going to sex with my girlfriend. Over mustrubtion I have premature ejaculation problem in penis before intercourse it get discharge. Please mention me good table which I take 1 hour before from intercourse at least I want to intercourse 5 to 10 mins continues.
Astigmatism is an eye condition where there is an imperfection in the curvature of the cornea. The cornea and lens are smooth and equally curved in all directions, which helps to focus the light rays to the retina. But if there is an imperfection in the curvature, then you will suffer from a refractive error. Astigmatism is not an eye disease. It is simply a condition where the eye is not able to focus the light.
Irregular shape of the cornea is the main cause for astigmatism. It might also be caused because of the imperfect shape of the lens. Suffering from astigmatism is very common. You are either born with the condition or you might have developed it after an eye surgery. It is an incorrect concept that watching too much of television or reading without enough light causes astigmatism.
There are three different types of astigmatism:
- Myopic astigmatism: When the principal meridians of the cornea are nearsighted.
- Hyperopic astigmatism: When the principal meridians of the cornea are farsighted.
- Mixed astigmatism: When one of the principal meridians is nearsighted and the other is farsighted.
It can also be classified in two other types:
- Regular astigmatism: When the principal meridians are perpendicular to each other.
- Irregular astigmatism: When the principal meridians are not perpendicular to each other.
Blurry or distorted vision, strain in the eye, eye discomfort, squinting and headaches are a few symptoms of astigmatism
If you notice the symptoms stated above, make sure you pay a visit to your ophthalmologist. If you are suffering from astigmatism, your doctor will do an eye test to check how much your eye is able to focus on light. After conducting his tests, he will determine how much power you have and you will have to wear glasses of that power. Apart from the option of wearing glasses or artificial lenses, you can also go for a surgery to correct the condition. LASIK is an option among the many other options of surgeries available.
Eat foods rich in sulphur. Foods like fish, green vegetables, pineapple, garlic, onion, olive oil, etc are rich in sulphur. Hence, eating these will help you battle astigmatism.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!